Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Bucs beat down postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-14-2021, 08:42 PM   #31
rocnrik
Playmaker

Re: Bucs beat down postgame

TH grew up … he might not be a franchise QB but he belongs on a team !!!
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-14-2021, 08:58 PM   #32
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Fuck the giants, fuck the eagles, fuck the Cowboys….and fuck the Bucs.

We won today!

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 09:32 PM   #33
rocnrik
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico23231 View Post
fuck the giants, fuck the eagles, fuck the cowboys….and fuck the bucs.

We won today!
👍👍👍
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 09:43 PM   #34
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
I didn’t hear about Young’s injury, i’m sorry he got hurt but it’s not like he will be missed, maybe this will help him rededicate himself to the game, it’s make or break time
That is how crazy sports is. A year ago or more he was the toast of the NFL; generational talent they said.

Now he sits with a major injury questioning if he will ever succeed in the NFL.

Nuts
Old 11-14-2021, 09:55 PM   #35
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
That is how crazy sports is. A year ago or more he was the toast of the NFL; generational talent they said.

Now he sits with a major injury questioning if he will ever succeed in the NFL.

Nuts

It’s literally a year to year league. I think him sitting and watching may help him some. Overall it’s crazy to say this but he’s got 1.5 sacks in 9 games and hasn’t made a huge impact all season. Hopefully others step up and we can get 90 back soon
Old 11-15-2021, 07:05 AM   #36
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Been waiting all season for a solid performance in all 3 phases that this game was. Really nice to see everybody making plays and finally come together as a team while feeding off each other.

Studs:

Offensive line - that was the #1 ranked run D in the NFL and we took it to them. Not a huge game stats wise and there weren't any big chunk plays but we were consistent with the run and kept using it to make 3rd and shorts. Very good for a patchwork line with a new center.

Antonio Gibson: Not a spectacular day - but a very solid performance. There's gonna be a lot of guys on that particular list.

Terry Mac: Tell me you guys weren't nervous when he walked to the locker room and they mentioned his collarbone. I fear losing him more than Chase Young.

Heinicke: Not spectacular other than his 1 td throw - but solid and consistent. Not wildly overthrowing receivers and he kept his accuracy in check. Hope he can keep this going.

The defense: Finally the defensive performance we've been waiting for. Awesome start with the 3 and out and then the turnovers. Kept it going all day. Kept Brady off balance. Not great pressure but there was definitely pressure when it was needed. Very refreshing to not see Landon Collins chasing a receiver into the end zone. Great job stepping up by Young/Sweat replacements.

Jonathan Allen - if he doesn't get all-pro consideration this year the game is rigged - he is as dominant as CY99 was supposed to be.

Special teams - very refreshing to just see everything go according to plan.

All 3 phases of the game - just solid all around. Ron had the team ready this week.

Everybody involved on that last offensive drive - the goal was to kill clock and put points on the board to make the game out of reach - and they accomplished both in fantastic fashion.

Duds:

Sweat/Young - is it just coincidence our best defensive performance of the year happens with them mostly off the field?

CY99 - dud in the sense he didn't put good pressure on Brady before he left - I put him on this list mostly for the season he's had and the beef? going on between him and his coaches. Hoping he takes his time, comes back right and fixes the issues plaguing him and Sweat in regards to the cohesiveness of the d-line.

Dax Milne: Man as a backup you aren't going to get that many opportunities to touch the ball - so if ball security isn't a priority you won't be getting many more opportunities if at all.

---------

I ain't gonna start talking playoffs - because I'm not insane like some of you. But for one week everything went right. Enjoy it.
Old 11-15-2021, 07:15 AM   #37
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Still in shock that our offense and defense both showed up. And ST. Would be nice to see that again next week.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 07:41 AM   #38
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Been waiting all season for a solid performance in all 3 phases that this game was. Really nice to see everybody making plays and finally come together as a team while feeding off each other.

Studs:

Offensive line - that was the #1 ranked run D in the NFL and we took it to them. Not a huge game stats wise and there weren't any big chunk plays but we were consistent with the run and kept using it to make 3rd and shorts. Very good for a patchwork line with a new center.

Antonio Gibson: Not a spectacular day - but a very solid performance. There's gonna be a lot of guys on that particular list.

Terry Mac: Tell me you guys weren't nervous when he walked to the locker room and they mentioned his collarbone. I fear losing him more than Chase Young.

Heinicke: Not spectacular other than his 1 td throw - but solid and consistent. Not wildly overthrowing receivers and he kept his accuracy in check. Hope he can keep this going.

The defense: Finally the defensive performance we've been waiting for. Awesome start with the 3 and out and then the turnovers. Kept it going all day. Kept Brady off balance. Not great pressure but there was definitely pressure when it was needed. Very refreshing to not see Landon Collins chasing a receiver into the end zone. Great job stepping up by Young/Sweat replacements.

Jonathan Allen - if he doesn't get all-pro consideration this year the game is rigged - he is as dominant as CY99 was supposed to be.

Special teams - very refreshing to just see everything go according to plan.

All 3 phases of the game - just solid all around. Ron had the team ready this week.

Everybody involved on that last offensive drive - the goal was to kill clock and put points on the board to make the game out of reach - and they accomplished both in fantastic fashion.

Duds:

Sweat/Young - is it just coincidence our best defensive performance of the year happens with them mostly off the field?

CY99 - dud in the sense he didn't put good pressure on Brady before he left - I put him on this list mostly for the season he's had and the beef? going on between him and his coaches. Hoping he takes his time, comes back right and fixes the issues plaguing him and Sweat in regards to the cohesiveness of the d-line.

Dax Milne: Man as a backup you aren't going to get that many opportunities to touch the ball - so if ball security isn't a priority you won't be getting many more opportunities if at all.

---------

I ain't gonna start talking playoffs - because I'm not insane like some of you. But for one week everything went right. Enjoy it.
Good post. Wanna give prop to Ron for having the team ready and finally performing for 60 minutes ! Regression so far was a major disappointment and some of it has to be coaching. But you gotta give it to Ron, Scott and JDR, they had their guys ready, and a good game plan (really liked the defensive game plan).

Liked Ron's post game speech. This game was proof of just how much the NFL is a week to week league... but we can hope to see it as a sign things are turning around !

Last edited by FrenchSkin; 11-15-2021 at 08:13 AM.
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 07:52 AM   #39
mredskins
MVP

I would definitely shop CY in the off season, even if we got a few draft picks for him that be great. He is not dominating at all and there are still that value him high.

I bet he ends up being a dud.
Old 11-15-2021, 08:03 AM   #40
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
I would definitely shop CY in the off season, even if we got a few draft picks for him that be great. He is not dominating at all and there are still that value him high.

You can shop him all you want,I think you’d be lucky to get a 3rd round pick For a guy that wasn’t playing that well and now most likely coming off major knee surgery
Old 11-15-2021, 08:04 AM   #41
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Dax Milne is a 7th rd rookie and the ball was punched out by a linebacker who made a play, so I am not going to sour on him too much. Hopefully he learns from it.

As for J. Allen, he should be a pro bowler but I wont bet my house on it happening, lets face it those accolades go to players from winning teams. It is difficult to dislodge the established stars from the All Pro voting process unless you are on a playoff team
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 08:07 AM   #42
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:

Thats ridiculous, you can't give up on a guy who is that young and has that much talent. Hopefully both he and the coaches will re-evaluate his approach to the game in the offseason and some maturation follows.
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 08:10 AM   #43
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:

It's too early to give up on him
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 08:15 AM   #44
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
It's too early to give up on him
Even if he was productive i rather 3 solid starters then a even say pro bowler level cy.

Unless CY was a QB he can't make that large of a difference on a team with many holes.

At this point its 50/50 CY becomes a elite player in the NFL and he just tore his ACL. Let someone else take the gamble on him and collect some draft picks to help us in other places.
Old 11-15-2021, 08:29 AM   #45
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Just heard that drive at the end of the game was the longest drive of the year by any team.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote