Around the league 2022 Camp edition

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-01-2022, 10:33 AM   #16
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: Around the league 2022 Camp edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
The best part is he's gonna come back in October with all the pink shit on his uni trying to raise awareness for women and breast cancer. Nice touch NFL.

Sometimes I hate myself for much I love football. This is one of those times.
Oh man. That is bad...
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-01-2022, 02:26 PM   #17
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Yeah. But knowing we have the Browns as our 2nd to last opponent this season, how are you feeling about our chances in that game now that you know he will have been playing in the nine games leading up to it?

You feeling good about it?

Watson still has the potential to be the best quarterback in the game, and if he doesn’t lose it mentally because of the wall of shit he is gonna hear all year long he will be. All personal shit aside dude was an absolute stud quarterback. Almost like no other in the game when he was playing.

Don’t get much better than that.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 02:50 PM   #18
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Watson still has the potential to be the best quarterback in the game, and if he doesn’t lose it mentally because of the wall of shit he is gonna hear all year long he will be. All personal shit aside dude was an absolute stud quarterback. Almost like no other in the game when he was playing.

He's legit but he has also missed 2 years of ball basically, it'll be interesting to see how he comes back
Old 08-01-2022, 07:02 PM   #19
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post

He's also 28-26 in regard to the most important stat of all 🤷
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 07:05 PM   #20
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Around the league 2022 Camp edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
He's also 28-26 in regard to the most important stat of all
Maybe if he was a tennis player.

Trust me when i tell you that none of those 26 losses were his fault. Last time i checked its a team game, and without him on it they would have been 10-44.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 08:19 PM   #21
Meks
Pro Bowl

They we also 4-12 with em one year.. records mean something and until he proves he's a winner I'm not anointing him anything but a qb.. for now. I'm not gonna argue the talent or potential but win a playoff game and start winning games and we'll talk
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 11:22 PM   #22
That Guy
Living Legend

so, NFL can still appeal and say 1 year, and then DW can drag it into court, in which case, I think the NFL has a better case to get its way (but it also keeps DW drama front and center for additional months).

I would have preferred two years :P
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 12:32 AM   #23
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
They we also 4-12 with em one year.. records mean something and until he proves he's a winner I'm not anointing him anything but a qb.. for now. I'm not gonna argue the talent or potential but win a playoff game and start winning games and we'll talk
I agree. I mean all I kept hearing from some of those who didn't like the idea of bringing in C Wentz is that a great QB is supposed to elevate all those around him - get the W, find a way to get it done, put the team on your back, etc. Doesn't seem like Watson, as good as he may be, has been able to do that with any consistency.

Going to be interesting to see how he is - coming back from almost a 2 year layoff (or more if the NFL appeals/wins).
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 08:39 AM   #24
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Unbelievable Watson just get 6 games.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 09:10 AM   #25
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
He's also 28-26 in regard to the most important stat of all 🤷
https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/car...d-as-a-starter

Wentz is 44-40 so I agree with you, if Watson is Elite then Wentz is damn good. Similar stats, Wentz led his team to the playoffs as well.
Old 08-02-2022, 12:33 PM   #26
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Unbelievable Watson just get 6 games.
But don’t call Tom Brady when you are not suppose then you get the real NFL beat down.

See Miami Dolphins
Old 08-02-2022, 01:00 PM   #27
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
But don’t call Tom Brady when you are not suppose then you get the real NFL beat down.

See Miami Dolphins
Or bet on games when you're suspended.

The NFLPA gets all hardcore when it comes to protecting sexual predators or reducing practice time. But when it comes to advocate for better financial terms for players they fold like lawn chairs.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 01:53 PM   #28
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...dy-sean-payton

This really seems suspect to me. So the Dolphins lose a 1st and a 3rd for talking to Payton and Brady while they were under contract with other teams, but the NFL found no evidence Ross asked Flores to tank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN
In February, former Dolphins coach Brian Flores said in his lawsuit alleging racism in the league's hiring practices that Ross attempted to incentivize him to "tank," or purposely lose games, shortly after he was hired in 2019, with Ross allegedly offering Flores $100,000 for every loss that season. Flores alleged that as the team won games late in the season, Dolphins general manager Chris Grier told him Ross was "mad" that the on-field success was "compromising [the team's] draft position."
So you have a GM and a coach that both knew about the owner being pissed they were winning and you also have a coach who put his name on the fucking record that the owner offered him 100k for every game he lost? But there's no evidence? The punishment makes me think the league is cracking them for tanking but using the Brady/Payton tampering as an excuse.

Between this and the Watson shit the league continues to lose major credibility.
Old 08-02-2022, 01:56 PM   #29
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Or bet on games when you're suspended.

The NFLPA gets all hardcore when it comes to protecting sexual predators or reducing practice time. But when it comes to advocate for better financial terms for players they fold like lawn chairs.
The Watson thing it seems was based on the league's punishment of Kraft even though one is an NFL owner getting a consenting handy from a massage parlor and the other is a predator engaging 30-60 unwilling masseuses for happy endings.

It makes no sense. Unprecedented crimes equal unprecedented punishment. And the contract with the salary designed explicitly to avoid major financial penalties for his crimes? That should be punished too.

Our only hope is the Browns pull a Browns and fuck this up like they do almost every year.
Old 08-02-2022, 03:28 PM   #30
SunnySide
Playmaker

6 games for Watson seems fine by me. Seems like others wanted more, and thats fine.

Guy missed an entire season (paid) but unless the victims testified to the NFL investigators (havent heard anything like that) then all there is to go on is civil complaints and settlements (which arent an admission of guilt).

Id think the League wont appeal, they kinda choose to go this neutral arbitrator route to avoid appeals imo and so they can turn around and point to neutral arbitrator for 6 game scorn.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote