Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Fantasy Football Forums > Fantasy Football

Redskins Fantasy Football

Fantasy Football

Old 08-20-2007, 11:37 AM   #1
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Redskins Fantasy Football

Out of curiosity, how many of you would draft the Redskins defense this year on your fantasy football team? Also, which Redskins would you stay away from and which ones would you target?

We had our draft last Thursday and Clinton Portis lasted until the 8th round. Santana Moss went in the third I think and Jason Campbell in the 5th. I picked up the Skins defense in the last round.

Any thoughts?
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-20-2007, 11:37 AM   #2
MTK
\m/

Re: Redskins Fantasy Football

moving to the FF forum
Old 08-20-2007, 01:07 PM   #3
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
moving to the FF forum
Gracias...didn't realize this forum existed. You are my hero!
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:14 AM   #4
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Out of curiosity, how many of you would draft the Redskins defense this year on your fantasy football team? Also, which Redskins would you stay away from and which ones would you target?

We had our draft last Thursday and Clinton Portis lasted until the 8th round. Santana Moss went in the third I think and Jason Campbell in the 5th. I picked up the Skins defense in the last round.

Any thoughts?

Whoever got Portis is round 8 stole him. Injury risk considered he is still a top 3 round player.

JC in the 5th seems high. Moss in the 3rd is probably about right. Slightly high maybe but it depends on the scoring system.

I am conflicted on our D. They look lights out once again but even when they have been good recently they haven't been a big fantasy D. Last year's abortion aside though the last round of a draft seems like a great place for a pick like that.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:37 AM   #5
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Well, I didn't draft them but in an autopick league (no live draft), I ended up with the 49ers and Cardinals Defenses. I was going to roll with them because all of the defenses left were WORSE based on last season (including the Skins).

However, after watching the first team D in the last 2 games, I dropped Arizona for the Skins D. I'll start the year with them and the Niners D on my bench, who has some talent in Walt Harris and Nate Clements.

Yes, it's preseason, but we didn't look THIS good last preseason and look how the year went. We look like we're back to what we're used to seeing.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:54 PM   #6
Schneed10
A Dude

If you're desperate, then the 'Skins defense makes a decent choice. I guess you'd be going on the theory that GW's adjusted schemes will allow the DEs to chase down the QB (more sacks) and Sean Taylor's switch to FS will allow him to hawk the ball (more INTs).

But in the end you're still picking a D with no legit pass rusher on the front four. And even when they were the #3 ranked D in the NFL (2004) they were still a lousy fantasy defense.

If your options are horrible like ARZ, SF, or WAS, then go WAS. But I'd rank all of the following fantasy defenses above the Skins:

Ravens
Bears
Chargers
Pats
Dolphins
Steelers
Seahawks
Packers
Panthers
Eagles
Cowboys
Broncos
Old 08-21-2007, 01:02 PM   #7
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
If you're desperate, then the 'Skins defense makes a decent choice. I guess you'd be going on the theory that GW's adjusted schemes will allow the DEs to chase down the QB (more sacks) and Sean Taylor's switch to FS will allow him to hawk the ball (more INTs).

But in the end you're still picking a D with no legit pass rusher on the front four. And even when they were the #3 ranked D in the NFL (2004) they were still a lousy fantasy defense.

If your options are horrible like ARZ, SF, or WAS, then go WAS. But I'd rank all of the following fantasy defenses above the Skins:

Ravens
Bears
Chargers
Pats
Dolphins
Steelers
Seahawks
Packers
Panthers
Eagles
Cowboys
Broncos
At this point, I would too, but they're all gone. I had choices like the Titans, , Saints, Texans and Skins on the WW.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote