Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins pay or trade Trent Williams?
Pay him 34 46.58%
Trade him 39 53.42%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 06:43 AM   #136
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
This thread should be titled the off-season over-reaction thread.

Let me know if Trent holds out when it costs him actual money. Or when he bashes the front office for his medical treatment. Until then, JLC and Morgan Moses don't have near enough street cred to make this a real story.

Im pretty sure TW has enough in his savings account to hold out. Lol. And not sure what street cred has to do with a teammate knowing the scoop but I hope you are right. Ill stick with my gut and say he is done.

Advertisements
Old 06-06-2019, 07:06 AM   #137
rocnrik
Playmaker

My guess is at end of season he was checked out by team doc and the growth was there and the team doc down played it ..nothing to worry about etc.. then he gets a second opinion and they believe at that point it is way more serious and it scares him .. but what I dont get is this...we are being told that it was not serious and the growth was removed ... okay so what’s the issue?? ( I’m totally speculating like everybody else but if this is really about the handling of the growth and it was in the end nothing serious why all the uproar?? Do any of you believe this could be related to any drug test forthcoming? There is something more to this ..
Old 06-06-2019, 07:33 AM   #138
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
My guess is at end of season he was checked out by team doc and the growth was there and the team doc down played it ..nothing to worry about etc.. then he gets a second opinion and they believe at that point it is way more serious and it scares him .. but what I dont get is this...we are being told that it was not serious and the growth was removed ... okay so what’s the issue?? ( I’m totally speculating like everybody else but if this is really about the handling of the growth and it was in the end nothing serious why all the uproar?? Do any of you believe this could be related to any drug test forthcoming? There is something more to this ..

Not speculating at all about why. I have no idea. Just know that it is the Skins so it will turn out as terrible as possible and will ultimately be because of complete mismanagement of something. Again a result of the fish rotting from the head down.
Im going to say no to the drug test, because even if that were forthcoming and he knew it was bad how would any of this right that ship? It is 110 percent believable that this organization mismanaged a situation and pissed him off. Wouldn’t be the first time, and it will not be the last. Not as long as Captain yacht rock is running the show.
Old 06-06-2019, 07:44 AM   #139
rocnrik
Playmaker

I agree that all of this starts at the top ... a culture of mistrust and back stabbing of bad decisions .. now one of our best players has had enough ! We take one step forward and two steps back... same old stuff
Old 06-06-2019, 07:45 AM   #140
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Put in a claim on Desmond Harrison now.
Old 06-06-2019, 08:28 AM   #141
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post

You don’t think a cancer scare is a big deal for someone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2019, 08:42 AM   #142
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

There isn't enough information for me to form an opinion either way. Besides, I've become acclimated to the constant turmoil that is the NFL. Both sides will do what they do and we'll move on.
Old 06-06-2019, 09:11 AM   #143
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
There isn't enough information for me to form an opinion either way. Besides, I've become acclimated to the constant turmoil that is the Redskins. Both sides will do what they do and we'll move on.
Fixed it for u
Old 06-06-2019, 09:14 AM   #144
Defensewins
Playmaker

The poll choice above is too over simplified - Pay hm or trade him.
This decision for the team and TW will depend on whether he wants to come back, if so how much he wants, will the be willing to pay and lastly TW's health.
He is under contract so this makes for drama.
However there seems to be a disconnect between the players and the coaches/team doctors and the front office. This needs to get fixed yesterday. Big F for the team to have their best players upset at the way this was handled. But it could get fixed.
Last years debacle of a season has exposed some serious dysfunction in the relationship between the players and the coaches/FO.
What immediately comes to mind is the players that complained about out inept Defensive coordinator all have been cut. Players should have a forum to complain about coaching issues privately and not lose their job. Seems kind of petty/
Old 06-06-2019, 09:17 AM   #145
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Saw this late last night and thought the same.thing
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 06-06-2019, 09:30 AM   #146
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Fixed it for u
No, you didn't. It's an NFL problem. Just look at the recent issues the Raiders, Steelers and Giants had with some of their stars.
Old 06-06-2019, 09:32 AM   #147
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
No, you didn't. It's an NFL problem. Just look at the recent issues the Raiders, Steelers and Giants had with some of their stars.
Yeah I know but the skins always have drama
Old 06-06-2019, 09:37 AM   #148
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Agreed.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 06-06-2019, 09:42 AM   #149
rocnrik
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
You don’t think a cancer scare is a big deal for someone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If course its a big deal! I’m saying if he is upset with the skins doctor is it because they told him it was not serious (which it turned out to be not serious) OR they told him it was serious and scared him! In the end thankfully he will be okay.. until he talks to media nobody really knows.. he has team mates making statements.. I wish Trent would clear it up himself .
Old 06-06-2019, 09:47 AM   #150
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
There isn't enough information for me to form an opinion either way. Besides, I've become acclimated to the constant turmoil that is the NFL. Both sides will do what they do and we'll move on.
This is exactly how i feel, as it relates to the rumors regarding why TW is holding out. They have been all over the place. Some fans are taking a rumor that TW is unhappy about some aspect of the medical care he received for his tumor and cheering TW on as if he is a champion for standing up for himself.

There are three sides to every story. One side, the other side, and then the truth. In this case, we have don't have ANY of the above. We certainly don't have the truth. The redskins haven't said anything. Trent hasn't said anything - from his side all we have are unspecific rumors that provide no details as to what occurred or what, exactly, his potential gripe with the team is.

To "pick a side" at this point and champion it blindly is incredibly stupid.

The only facts we know at this point are that TW:
- Has been one of, if not the best, player on this team for nearly a decade
- has a significant injury history
- is 31
- has 2 years on his contract remaining
- is holding out of camp for a variety of reasons
- two players close to him (AP and Moses) have given completely conflicting reports on why he's not present.
- his coach wants him back

That is really all we KNOW at this point. Based on that, we can hypothetically discuss what his "financial worth" is at this point in his career, but that's it. We simply don't have enough information to "pick a side" as it relates to who has wronged who (if anyone).
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Closed Thread