Recount Opinions

Debating with the enemy

Old 01-10-2017, 03:50 PM   #226
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Recount Opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Putin has Trump on a leash, but he already whipped Obama with a stick.

So if the Russians influenced anything, then clearly they were allowed by a weak Obama Administration and a weak State department. Period.

Pretty easy to blame Obama for everything but you seem to forget that his hands were tied with a Congress that wouldn't let him do squat the leash was congress and when you have open traitors leave NSA and be brought in with open arms to Russia really isn't that big of a question on how things are getting hacked now is it?

Advertisements
Old 01-10-2017, 04:04 PM   #227
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Pretty easy to blame Obama for everything but you seem to forget that his hands were tied with a Congress that wouldn't let him do squat the leash was congress and when you have open traitors leave NSA and be brought in with open arms to Russia really isn't that big of a question on how things are getting hacked now is it?
lol come on really? He doesn't need Congress permission to defend the country, he can direct the state department accordingly.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:16 PM   #228
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
I put the Office on a platform and I expect the people who occupy that office to respect it ,very clear Trump does not .I understand you might not like my politics or I yours ,that is the way it works.Trump it's "fake news" with Reagan it was "dis-information" there is a big difference.Thanks to Trump now there is no news agency that is a good one unless they are pro Trump and that's BS.Hell he has wrecked the reputations of the CIA,FBI and NSA.All agree the Russians hacked the election/campaigns even Trump has had to come to the realization of it but not before he did damage to this country and the Office of the President.Hell not a super fan of Obama's but he and his family have been nothing but class in that office,Trump isn't even in it yet and he has tarnished it.Keep track of the promise's he breaks or doesn't keep.
The Presidency is one man who sits in an office for 4-8 years. Those who inflate his stature above that fail at the very basic premise of our Constitution. He holds 1 position in 1 branch of a government uniquely divided and re-divided to minimize the importance of any one individual.

The office of the Presidency should not be seen as a prime minister, or a dictator, or authoritarian monarchy or any other style of government. He is an executive who should execute (see executive - execute it's amazing how that word play works) the laws of the US as passed by the US Congress. He should not be trying to make laws with a phone and a pen, nor should he be releasing enemies of the state so they can attack us again. He should be appointing people who understand how to operate and streamline large entities like the government has become.

The fundamental belief held by George Washington, truly a great man, was that the office of the President should never be seen as a seat of power like a King, or despot. Our country has followed the natural conditioning of humans to crave that the Presidency be seen as more than it is or ever was supposed to be. He makes no laws (unless his last name is Obama), He instills no budgets. Hopefully he gives a vision and voice that leads to a greater country, but the last one who successfully did that was Reagan (I would give a nod to Bill Clinton as well, but I think that the partisan divide that has so engulfed this nation started under his watch, and was inflamed by both Bush and Obama after him).

Can Trump lead this country, I don't know, but I think he's going to try a lot harder to lead every citizen then Pres's Obama and Bush combined. I loved that he knocked the Republicans down when they tried to gut the ethics board. I loved that he calls a leading Dem a clown when he makes baseless political hacks. And I love that he doesn't let a whining actress, who has zero in common with 98% of US citizens make public attacks on him without a response.

For those whose butts are hurt because the "office of the Presidency" has been tarnished, trust me when I tell you the "office of the Presidency" that has seen the likes of Garfield, Tyler, Johnson, Nixon, Bush, and Obama and survived, it will muddle past Trump as well.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:37 PM   #229
MTK
\m/

I guess a little common decency is too much to ask for from the President. Sad!
Old 01-10-2017, 04:57 PM   #230
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

It's easy for people to dismiss but I disagree with how often his opinions change. Two years ago he names Meryl Streep as one of his favorite actors and now she's overrated?

And Cred, your whole thing about him creating discussions by attacking his critics on Twitter is weak. In two weeks, he's the President. Stop being so thin-skinned and focus on the important shit. There are two kinds of people that sees his Twitter attacks, the ones like you who are his fans who just say "he's telling it like it is, and you're just mad because he's defending himself on a public platform, which you're not used to because other politicians don't do it." And then there's us, who are sitting here like "don't you have anything better to be focusing on then responding to whoever your newest critic is on Twitter?" What's next? Is he gonna set aside time every day to challenge his critics through social media as part of his daily routine? Maybe we should all just say nice things about him, because clearly if you are a critic you are dead to him.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:32 PM   #231
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
The Presidency is one man who sits in an office

For those whose butts are hurt because the "office of the Presidency" has been tarnished, trust me when I tell you the "office of the Presidency" that has seen the likes of Garfield, Tyler, Johnson, Nixon, Bush, and Obama and survived, it will muddle past Trump as well.

Yes the office will survive Trump ,the question is will the country?
Old 01-10-2017, 05:53 PM   #232
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I guess a little common decency is too much to ask for from the President. Sad!

Everything That Made Donald Trump ‘Sad’ in 2016, According to His Tweets

He Gets Us
Old 01-10-2017, 05:57 PM   #233
MTK
\m/

lol

What's really sad is his vocabulary, someone get this guy a thesaurus
Old 01-10-2017, 05:59 PM   #234
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Yes the office will survive Trump ,the question is will the country?
Yes, and likely prosper.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:17 PM   #235
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Yes, and likely prosper.
I don't disagree on that, if you deregulate everything and admit you give no shits about the environment there's plenty of money to be made. Luckily with a majority in every branch of gov't and business executives with financial incentives to loosen restrictions in charge of all major gov't departments there's nobody to stop that from happening! It's all a part of his 4 phase plan:

Phase 1: loosen restrictions
Phase 2: Profits go up!
Phase 3:___________
Phase 4: Everyone's lives are better!
Old 01-10-2017, 07:15 PM   #236
MTK
\m/

Yup, deregulate, cash in, wait for the crash, and leave a big mess for the next guy.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:56 PM   #237
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
It's easy for people to dismiss but I disagree with how often his opinions change. Two years ago he names Meryl Streep as one of his favorite actors and now she's overrated?

And Cred, your whole thing about him creating discussions by attacking his critics on Twitter is weak. In two weeks, he's the President. Stop being so thin-skinned and focus on the important shit. There are two kinds of people that sees his Twitter attacks, the ones like you who are his fans who just say "he's telling it like it is, and you're just mad because he's defending himself on a public platform, which you're not used to because other politicians don't do it." And then there's us, who are sitting here like "don't you have anything better to be focusing on then responding to whoever your newest critic is on Twitter?" What's next? Is he gonna set aside time every day to challenge his critics through social media as part of his daily routine? Maybe we should all just say nice things about him, because clearly if you are a critic you are dead to him.

Pretty much exactly how I feel. I wanted to mention the whole contradiction thing, but forgot. Glad u did. You could write an entire book of simply contradictions that he has made. Almost anything he says, you can find him saying the exact opposite- two days ago, weeks, years, decades. This guy has been lying cheating and scamming for so long he has no fucking idea what he said or didnt say. He seriously belongs in an institution.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:59 PM   #238
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Yes, and likely prosper.

Why because he said so? Lol. Unless you are a fellow billionaire you aint getting any richer.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 03:09 PM   #239
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Great job Congress: The Senate Just Voted to Roll Back Women's Health Care

I really enjoyed paying for my wife's birth control. Glad I get to do it again...

I don't care which side you're on with this one, gotta' love a religious based repeal.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:32 PM   #240
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Editorial - With Trump 'bombshell,' fake news gains new life - Richmond Times-Dispatch: OUR OPINION

great take here. Buzzfeed has been educating folks about fake news...of course this became an issue "only" after Hillary loss because we need to blame someone other than the candidate.

So Buzzfeed is upset with false, fake news, but then they turn around an publish fake news. Folks you cant make up this hypocrisy.

"Somebody has been shopping the document around for a while, but reputable news organizations did not report on it because, as New York Times executive editor Dean Baquet explained, its contents are "totally unsubstantiated.""

He Gets Us