Re: Josh LeRibeus pick 3.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton
The next Russ Grimm.
Mark your calenders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by backrow View Post
Nah! He's Bostic!
I'd be happy with another Raleigh McKenzie. Dude could play just about every position along the line.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-29-2012, 03:01 PM   #17
freddyg12
Playmaker

Since when did the looks of a player's physique become part of a scouting report? I had to lol when I saw that he has a "dumpy looking physique!" I mean really, if the guy were 1st round material, would it say "great player but he doesn't look good?"
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:03 PM   #18
warriorzpath

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
Since when did the looks of a player's physique become part of a scouting report? I had to lol when I saw that he has a "dumpy looking physique!" I mean really, if the guy were 1st round material, would it say "great player but he doesn't look good?"

Yeah, you have to really question the scouts who drool (probably literally in private) over nfl prospects' physiques and measurables.

This is probably why the 2 Brady quarterbacks went where they went in their respective drafts: Tom Brady and Brady Quinn.

It never fails because you have these NFL scouts that have a background and roots that don't have anything to do with sports; they value things like physique and devalue things like work ethic. It took me a while, but that's how I figured out the difference between a good and bad NFL scout. ... and NFL fan too.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #19
ethat001
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Stiff, try-hard, limited athlete. Is tightly wound. Plodder. Has a dumpy-looking physique. Appears stiff in space. Struggles to adjust to movement in pass protection. Hand use is inconsistent — shows little pop or power in his hands. Not explosive.
I trust in Shanahan, and if he likes him enough to pick him above all other picks not named RG3, then he's got to have potential. However, I thought the ZBS relied on agile athletic O-linemen -- and it is concerning that "stiff" is in there twice, along with "tightly wound" and "limited athlete".. Big concerns to me are: (1) Rated lower on most analylst boards, (2) Small school, (3) Academic ineligibility / 70 lbs weight gain when off duty (?work ethic).

Anyway, would give Shanahan all the benefit of the doubt, since he's usually right on these things.
ethat001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:28 AM   #20
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalDefense View Post
Smh
Speak English.

I like all of the O-line picks we made. They're all athletic, zone-blocking capable players and it looks like we've covered guard, tackle and center (Gettis projected as a center in the pros because of his size). They're all very solid backups and possibly challenging for starter jobs in the future.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #21
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethat001 View Post
I trust in Shanahan, and if he likes him enough to pick him above all other picks not named RG3, then he's got to have potential. However, I thought the ZBS relied on agile athletic O-linemen -- and it is concerning that "stiff" is in there twice, along with "tightly wound" and "limited athlete".. Big concerns to me are: (1) Rated lower on most analylst boards, (2) Small school, (3) Academic ineligibility / 70 lbs weight gain when off duty (?work ethic).

Anyway, would give Shanahan all the benefit of the doubt, since he's usually right on these things.
The academic ineligibility was due to not having enough credits after switching majors, not sucking at course work.

And it's about time we gave a little focus to strength, considering our red zone running offense was painful to watch, at least for me.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #22
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
LeRibeus’s teammate at SMU revealed the moniker in an interview last spring. “We call Josh LeRibeus ‘Kung Fu Panda’ because he looks like that character.” According to his SMU teammate and fellow Redskins draft pick Richard Crawford, he also earned the nickname “XBox 360” when he hit 360 pounds during the previously mentioned journey up the weight scale.

Meet your draft pick: Josh LeRibeus - DC Sports Bog - The Washington Post

NCSkins is gonna be pissed!
Old 04-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #23
los panda
Pro Bowl

does he start in 2012?
Old 04-30-2012, 03:32 PM   #24
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Gotta think he at least challenges for a starting spot with Liechtensteiger coming off of a serious knee injury.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #25
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

seriously worried he even contributes a thing this season. I wouldnt count on it

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #26
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
seriously worried he even contributes a thing this season. I wouldnt count on it
Curious about why you are 'seriously worried' that he contributes a thing?

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #27
Evilgrin
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Maybe he can actually see the future, and it shows that LeRibeus ends up being a great player, but then turns into a total Diva. Then the skins give him a huge contract, and he turns into Josh LeCHesseburger.
Evilgrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:29 PM   #28
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
yeah that doesnt make sense. sorry bout that. seriously worried he doesnt contribute anything to the Oline is what i meant, because we may really need someone with Kory L's knee injury. Ive heard reports Kory may not get on the field until late August which would be really bad news. I expect a early 3rd round guard pick to be able to kinda step in to contribute if there is a hold up with Kory. Can he be this guy? Im very skeptical. I want him to prove me wrong big time. HTTR

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:49 PM   #29
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

I have yet to see any complaints that his weight is a chronic issue with him, and most importantly, a problem in the near-past(this past season) up until now.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:49 PM   #30
ethat001
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
The academic ineligibility was due to not having enough credits after switching majors, not sucking at course work.
Understood, I saw that. But I'm pretty sure I'd have looked into it before I switched majors and made myself academically ineligible. Could have been an innocent mistake, but sounds like a bonehead move. But, that's not what I was referring to --> I'm more concerned that he gained 70lbs when he took off one year. Sounds like keeping off weight is going to be an issue, reminds me of BMW..
ethat001 is offline   Reply With Quote