Jon Gruden's QB Camp

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-15-2010, 02:21 PM   #31
GMScud
Swearinger

Re: Jon Gruden's QB Camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy196 View Post

We will see who the best NFL QB will be, Clausen or Tebow.
I never once turned this into a tebow vs clausen argument. But yeah, I'm the idiot. Fail.

Advertisements
Old 04-15-2010, 02:21 PM   #32
KLHJ2
Inactive

Times like these make me wish that we still had the Rep system to abuse.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:24 PM   #33
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
Times like these make me wish that we still had the Rep system to abuse.
Yeah, I have nothing against you but I would have constantly given you negative feedback. That way the long red bar would fit with your screenname and people would know not to mess with you.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:25 PM   #34
Redskin Jim
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy196 View Post

We will see who the best NFL QB will be, Clausen or Tebow.
I think as far as immediately, that's a no- brainer. I don't know about down the road 4-5 years though. I think with Tebow's drive and work ethic he might be able to elevate his game to be a solid NFL QB. I do believe he is a long way from there now.
Clausen on the other hand is by all accounts more prepared to play QB right now in the NFL. I do think that he still has alot of work and improvement to do as any rookie does. I also tend to think with his "leadership" issues, AKA ducheyness, he may not be able to settle into a leadership role in the NFL.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:31 PM   #35
KLHJ2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Yeah, I have nothing against you but I would have constantly given you negative feedback. That way the long red bar would fit with your screenname and people would know not to mess with you.
Oh yeah, that would just make conversation with me even more inviting.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:37 PM   #36
MTK
\m/

Clausen may be a douche, but he's got that swagger you look for in a QB. He just needs to continue to mature a bit.

Somebody is going to get a good QB.

Tebow has that squeaky clean thing going on that is equally as annoying as Clausen's douchebag qualities. Just the opposite end of the spectrum.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:46 PM   #37
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Clausen may be a douche, but he's got that swagger you look for in a QB. He just needs to continue to mature a bit.

Somebody is going to get a good QB.

Tebow has that squeaky clean thing going on that is equally as annoying as Clausen's douchebag qualities. Just the opposite end of the spectrum.
Tebow's squeaky clean qualities may be annoying, but they certainly are not detrimental to a team sport. Clausen's crap on the other hand...
Old 04-15-2010, 03:50 PM   #38
murphy196
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Tebow's squeaky clean qualities may be annoying, but they certainly are not detrimental to a team sport. Clausen's crap on the other hand...
They are detrimental to a team when that team wastes a high draft pick on a worthless player.
murphy196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:56 PM   #39
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Both will have their fans and naysayers, internally and externally.

Tebow's squeaky clean image and bible thumping will rub some people the wrong way, guaranteed. We've already seen what a polarizing figure he is and he's not even drafted yet.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:01 PM   #40
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Clausen is a gigantic douche. You resemble that comment. Haha. I could care less what you're sick of. You still have yet to say why he's NOT a little dbag. Stop crying for little Jimmy, please. It's not very flattering.
- He was unanimously voted a captain at ND his Junior season.
- Golden Tate and other ND receivers supported him at his personal workout when they didn't have to, especially Tate. He had a great combine and ND Pro Day, he had nothing to gain from supporting Clausen.
- Yes, he looks like an emu. But hey, everyone has to have some flaw.
- Based on the comments on this board about Campbell, if he had gone out to bars in the DC area after a few games this year he probably would've gotten punched too.
- Speedo picture.....well Photoshop is not always a good thing.
-Is there a quote from a teammate or coach at ND questioning his leadership abilities? "Unnamed sources" don't count.
- Kiper has great inside access at the college level, if he had heard any of this stuff from a reliable source, he would've pulled back on his assessment of him.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:14 PM   #41
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
- Golden Tate and other ND receivers supported him at his personal workout when they didn't have to, especially Tate. He had a great combine and ND Pro Day, he had nothing to gain from supporting Clausen.
- Based on the comments on this board about Campbell, if he had gone out to bars in the DC area after a few games this year he probably would've gotten punched too.
-Is there a quote from a teammate or coach at ND questioning his leadership abilities? "Unnamed sources" don't count.
- Kiper has great inside access at the college level, if he had heard any of this stuff from a reliable source, he would've pulled back on his assessment of him.
Get em Sammy.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:19 PM   #42
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
SS33, you're always very good at making your arguments. When Murphy196 speaks, I really don't hear anything of substance.

Again, nowhere in this thread have I said Jimmy Clausen will be a bad NFL QB.

Just because Golden Tate didn't throw him under the bus doesn't mean he's a good guy. After all, Clausen is a big part of the reason that Tate put up the numbers he did. Why turn around and crap on him? And why wouldn't the other receivers support him at the pro day? They get to workout in front of NFL scouts with a future 1st round pick throwing them passes.

Also, just because Kiper says so doesn't mean it's true/untrue. Schefter and McShay also both have great access in the football world, and they both confirm that there are legit question marks about his leadership ability and locker presence (or lack thereof).

Look, I'm a Tebow fan because I'm a Florida alum and he's the best athlete in our school's history. He's a winner, leader, and great kid. That said, I think Clausen will probably be a better NFL QB, however I think given the right situation, Tebow can succeed in the pros as well. I just don't like Calusen one bit, and I've stated my reasons why. It's pretty obvious that Tebow, Bradford, and McCoy all have better intangibles than Jimmy the Douche.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:21 PM   #43
MTK
\m/

SS33 for the win
Old 04-15-2010, 04:26 PM   #44
GMScud
Swearinger

Also, Jimmy Clausen went 16-21 as a starter. I know it's a team sport, just saying. When's the last time a QB who lost 5 more games than he won was considered a possible top 5 pick?

You can argue that he's a good leader, but he certainly didn't rally the troops to very many victories.

Oh, side note- in his 3 seasons as a full time starter, Tebow went 35-6.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:29 PM   #45
Eknox
Impact Rookie

Boy I'll be glad when the draft is over, every time you sign on here now someones giving Tebow a blowjob, hey guess what HE WON'T BE A REDSKINS our QB is McNabb, get over it damn!
Eknox is offline   Reply With Quote