Brandyn Thomson 0 0%
Markus White 0 0%
Chris Neild 1 1.47%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-09-2011, 02:03 PM   #16
Kindoy
The Starter

Re: 2011 Redskins Defensive Rookie of the Year

jenkins will turn out to be the better player most likely, but i went with kerrigan because he'll see the field more this year & have more opportunities. this is not to say that kerrigan won't be any good in the future. in a few seasons i see jenkins being a starter for years to come.

Advertisements
Old 08-09-2011, 11:12 PM   #17
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
Choices are slim, since we only have two rookie defenders from the draft that will get enough playing time to even qualify.......J. Jenkins
When was the last time we could say we had a draft where we were looking at at least 4 potential rookies (Kerrigan, Jenkins, Hankerson, Helu, shit even N. Paul from what I'm hearing) that could have a good impact their rookie season. I'm excited for this upcoming season if for no other reason than we have an awesome crop of rookies that could make impacts, I can't remember the last time I felt that way.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:42 PM   #18
Defensewins
Playmaker

Kerrigan has to battle a position change, DE to LB, a knee dislocation and the pressure of being a high 1st round pick. A ton is expected of him. Just like it was not easy for Orakpo, I think Kerrigan will have growing pains.
Jarvis Jenkins position is easier to transition to the NFL in that he does not have to think as much and just has to beat the guy in front of him. He has the size and strength to play from day 1. He is already getting noticed in camp. Can not say the same for Kerrigan. Kerrigan's position requires a ton of study and being in the right place at the right time. A lot more room for error.
Jenkins will do better in his first year. Kerrigan will pass him up as the year goes on and into his second year.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:39 AM   #19
Big C
Mr. Brightside

apparently de jon gomes is doing really well thus far. he could end up having a nice impact this season in an area where we may be a bit thin.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:22 AM   #20
That Guy
Living Legend

jenkins. kerrigan is a bit slow with his transition.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:30 PM   #21
itvnetop
Playmaker

I'm going with Jenkins too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard View Post
I was surprised with how much Warren Sapp dogged Jarvis for being drafted so high. His tape showed nothing but promise. Jarvis will see the field a lot even though Bowen was paid starter money. Can I get a Jarvis Jenkins avatar please.
If JJ gets an avatar before even playing a snap, I'm filing an official protest to the Avatar master (is it jamf?). Fred Davis has been put on the back-burner long enough!

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:22 PM   #22
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I went with Jenkins, mostly because I'm not sold on Kerrigan having the abilities to excel.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:15 AM   #23
53Fan
Franchise Player

I expect Jenkins to have a good year and for a lot of teams to wish they had drafted him. -- Could Ryan Kerrigan be the Redskins' opening day starter at outside linebacker? "I wouldn't be surprised," Jim Haslett said. Kerrigan may not start out fast, but I expect him to be playing at a high level before long. Funny what some well timed sacks will do for your value. I pick Kerrigan.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:13 AM   #24
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Talking Re: 2011 Redskins Defensive Rookie of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
I expect Jenkins to have a good year and for a lot of teams to wish they had drafted him. -- Could Ryan Kerrigan be the Redskins' opening day starter at outside linebacker? "I wouldn't be surprised," Jim Haslett said. Kerrigan may not start out fast, but I expect him to be playing at a high level before long. Funny what some well timed sacks will do for your value. I pick Kerrigan.

Glad to see you don't hold a grudge. If he had changed from my # to another # I WOULD NOT HAVE VOTED for him, you are definitely the bigger person. LOL
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:58 AM   #25
budw38
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
Agree with 53 ,my new mantra Sacks make a visual impact , along with J.Jenkins , Cofield , Bowens and R. Jackson we should be better along our front 7 .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:08 AM   #26
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by budw38 View Post
Agree with 53 ,my new mantra Sacks make a visual impact , along with J.Jenkins , Cofield , Bowens and R. Jackson we should be better along our front 7 .
I like the sound of that budw38. Seriously from the reports I've been reading, our new D-Line should make things easier for our LB's. Kerrigan has an all out motor and can definitely get to the QB. If Cofield starts drawing double and triple teams and Jarvis continues playing the way he has in camp, Orakpo and Kerrigan should have a lot of fun this year.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:29 AM   #27
Meks
Pro Bowl

IMO, they wont be using kerrigan in too much coverage where he will struggle... and I don't think they will be able to keep Jenkins off the damn field ..
Its a tough choice but I'm going with Jenkins, I think.position change they're forcing on kerrigan will hirt him in his rookie year
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:30 AM   #28
freddyg12
Playmaker

It's unfair to expect a lot from Kerrigan this year. If anything we shouldn't really expect to see him playing at a relatively high level till the 2nd half of the season. I think by that time he will show his ability. I voted Jenkins cause overall I think he'll fare better & Haslett likes to rotate his d line, so we may only see JJ when he's pretty fresh.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:45 AM   #29
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

to be different, I went with Chris Neild. Kerrigan and Jenkins both have the best shot, but Neild brings a specific need to the team, if he is able to get in and clog up the middle he may be the best guy that we won't hear anything about.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:56 AM   #30
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
It's unfair to expect a lot from Kerrigan this year. If anything we shouldn't really expect to see him playing at a relatively high level till the 2nd half of the season. I think by that time he will show his ability. I voted Jenkins cause overall I think he'll fare better & Haslett likes to rotate his d line, so we may only see JJ when he's pretty fresh.
I agree Freddy and that's what I stated in my first post. If he really turns it on in the second half of the season..well....what better time to do it? I don't think they're expecting him to cover nearly as much as put pressure on the QB. Either way, I hope at the end of the year the rookies play so well it's a hard decision to make.