Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-05-2019, 11:18 PM   #151
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Re: Redskins Training Camp Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
For the life of me I don't get the Keenum trade
Haskins wasn't a sure thing at that point. Smith definitely wasn't coming back anytime soon and McCoy was coming off a serious injury himself. The team had to upgrade the qb position immediately anyway they could. They get a guy who took his team to the NFC championship game the year prior in a dream trade. We can argue Keenum all day long. But, at least give the guy a fair chance. We aren't even to the 1st preseason game yet.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-05-2019, 11:43 PM   #152
skinsfan69
Living Legend

If Colt starts he will last about 4 weeks.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 08:37 AM   #153
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Colt has a noodle arm and his lack of arm strength would be quickly exploited with him as the starter.

People seem to forget that Keenum did some very good work as the starter for the Vikings the year before the Vikes screwed up and signed Cousins. He would probably be the better choice as the stopgap starter if Haskins isn't ready to start the season.

Haskins probably won't start until Jay Gruden loses enough games with Colt and/or Keenum to desperately fear losing his job.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 08:59 AM   #154
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Colt has a noodle arm and his lack of arm strength would be quickly exploited with him as the starter.

People seem to forget that Keenum did some very good work as the starter for the Vikings the year before the Vikes screwed up and signed Cousins. He would probably be the better choice as the stopgap starter if Haskins isn't ready to start the season.

Haskins probably won't start until Jay Gruden loses enough games with Colt and/or Keenum to desperately fear losing his job.
Agree with all of this. Keenum is the best choice, for all things considered, at this point to start wk 1. Interested to see how he looks in the preseason. He has been raving about Gruden's offense which cannot be a bad thing.
Old 08-06-2019, 09:18 AM   #155
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
If Colt starts he will last about 4 weeks.
I give it 2 weeks, he couldn't even last that in 2018. Dude is made of glass, the only reason he's even "competing" for a starting job is due to Jay. No other team in the league would have Colt listed as QB1
Old 08-06-2019, 09:34 AM   #156
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I give it 2 weeks, he couldn't even last that in 2018. Dude is made of glass, the only reason he's even "competing" for a starting job is due to Jay. No other team in the league would have Colt listed as QB1
I doubt Colt would even be a QB2 on a lot of teams.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 09:35 AM   #157
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Gruden hates to carry more than two QB on the roster and he has always loved Colt. This is the main reason we have never had a developmental QB because Jay rather have Colt...and is a contributing factor to our predicament.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 09:40 AM   #158
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

“I think the addition of Terry has been a wow factor for me personally and I think everybody who has seen him run on a daily basis,” Gruden said.

Washington selected the former Ohio State player in part because of the offense’s need for speed. Listening to Gruden gush, it’s clear the coach thinks McLaurin could be the team’s top gun sooner than later.

“He’s powerful, he’s smart, and he’s physical. That’s a combination that’s rare,” Gruden said before breaking into amazed laughter. “ He’s been exciting.”
Old 08-06-2019, 09:48 AM   #159
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
“I think the addition of Terry has been a wow factor for me personally and I think everybody who has seen him run on a daily basis,” Gruden said.

Washington selected the former Ohio State player in part because of the offense’s need for speed. Listening to Gruden gush, it’s clear the coach thinks McLaurin could be the team’s top gun sooner than later.

“He’s powerful, he’s smart, and he’s physical. That’s a combination that’s rare,” Gruden said before breaking into amazed laughter. “ He’s been exciting.”
I think McLaurin is going to be a stud. Prior to the draft, Kiper had him as his #2 receiver. Think we got a gem here. His character and leadership are outstanding also.
Old 08-06-2019, 09:52 AM   #160
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Skinsinator View Post
I think McLaurin is going to be a stud. Prior to the draft, Kiper had him as his #2 receiver. Think we got a gem here. His character and leadership are outstanding also.
He reminds me of a Smaller Fitzgerald. Great attitude and leadership and work ethic. We will see if that transitions to the field
Old 08-06-2019, 10:12 AM   #161
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post

For what it's worth, there was a few reports that Colt's arm seems to be stronger this year.... for what it's worth.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 10:57 AM   #162
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
For the life of me I don't get the Keenum trade, even with Colt coming off injury and not knowing how the draft was going to unfold. I wouldn't have pulled the trigger on that. Like Schneed has in his signature, if you don't know who the best QB of the three you have are, you don't have a QB. I would have been splitting reps between Colt and Haskins 50% a piece, and had some 3rd stringer on the team too, but I wouldn't have traded for Keenum just to have him taking 33% of the first team reps.
Why? We got a veteran backup that can start if needed for $3.5M. At the time we had a bare cupboard at QB coming off a disastrous year at the position.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:02 AM   #163
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Case will be the starter week 1, just go ahead and face that folks. Dwayne basically said it in his presser yesterday that "I'll start sooner or later"

That tells me that he isn't in the QB1 plans right now, maybe I'm just assuming but still
Old 08-06-2019, 11:08 AM   #164
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Why? We got a veteran backup that can start if needed for $3.5M. At the time we had a bare cupboard at QB coming off a disastrous year at the position.
I would have just signed someone if it came down to that. Maybe I am thinking too little of Case but I really equate him to that of a 3rd string QB, excluding the one year he had the best WR duo in football

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:31 AM   #165
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Case will be the starter week 1, just go ahead and face that folks. Dwayne basically said it in his presser yesterday that "I'll start sooner or later"

That tells me that he isn't in the QB1 plans right now, maybe I'm just assuming but still
If healthy I think Colt will be the starter week 1. Regardless, all 3 are very likely to play at some point this year.