Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-20-2009, 08:12 PM   #31
tootergray34
Impact Rookie

Re: Redskins Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down

gameballs Chris Cooley, Horton, JC, Al, Griff, Rocky Mac
kick in the balls Santana Moss, ZORN!!!!! MEangelo Hall, offensive line not making holes for our running game.
tootergray34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-20-2009, 08:31 PM   #32
PennSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootergray34 View Post
kick in the balls Santana Moss, ZORN!!!!! MEangelo Hall, offensive line not making holes for our running game.
I think when Hall signed on the dotted line for his $56 million, he forgot how to tackle. Man, he has been a disappointment these first two weeks.

PennSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:50 PM   #33
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Thumbs Up:

- Our defensive tackles!!! Phat Al dominated when he played but my God Griff is playing like a probowler IMHO. The rotation is working extremely well too...hats off to Palermo.

- Jason Campbell. I luv watching him take the offense into his hands (as much as Zorn will let him). He was really good today. Should have had a TD on the record but Mike Sellers exchanged his hands for Los Goat hooves just before that play and the result was inevitable.

Thumbs Down:

- Jim Zorn. He may not last the season from what I saw today. That was inarguably the worst called game I've ever seen. The sweep left on 4th down, which puts CP who looks slow and gimpy, 5 yards behind the LOS should have brought Snyder down onto the field. It was a day of insanity out there.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:52 PM   #34
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootergray34 View Post
Don't forget Rogers too...our TWO CBs looked horrible today.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:53 PM   #35
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Don't forget Rogers too...our TWO CBs looked horrible today.
That's true and it's so strange. Jerry Gray has typically kept his group performing very well.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:29 AM   #36
Ruhskins
Living Legend

The Cowboys lost their home opener at their stupid new stadium.....THUMBS WAY THE HELL UP!!
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:09 AM   #37
TheGuyFromOverThere
Impact Rookie

Thumps up: We´re already better than the Lions last year.
TheGuyFromOverThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:30 AM   #38
skins89moss
Playmaker

Thumbs up:
1.We won the game
2.JC made good decisions and protected the ball. He used his mobility when the pocket broke down and ran for positive yards. He did not throw a int.
3.Cooley was a threat in the middle of the field and made clutch catches. However 2nd half he was quiet.
4.O-line gave JC time to go through his reads to find the open WR.
5.Portis ran tough when their were not many holes.
6.Kelly was involved in the offense making 4 grabs.
7.Mason saw his 1st reg. season carry.
8.Special Teams played very good.
9.Defense allowed on 1 TD.
10.Defense pressured Rams QB and forced turnover in the Red Zone.
11.Griff,Haynesworth,Rocky,Horton,Carter,London all made a impact today.
Thumbs Down:
1.Offense did not score a TD.
2.Defense can't get off the field on 3rd downs.
3.CB giving to much cushion on WR which allow 3rd down conversions.
4.D.Hall getting beat on the fade route by a knowbody WR.(Robinson).
5.Orakpo for getting the Roughing the passer call on a defense turnover in Rams territory.
6.Zorn consevative play calling in the Red Zone.
7.Zorn not trusting JC in the Red Zone out of the Gun. That formation got you down there.
8.Sellers dropping TD catch and lackluster blocking today.
9.O-LIne getting out physical by the Rams D-Line in run blocking.
10.Not going to our big Weapons (Kelly,Cooley,Mitchell,Thomas) more in the red Zorn when it was clear we could not run down their.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:20 AM   #39
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins89moss View Post
Thumbs up:
1.We won the game
2.JC made good decisions and protected the ball. He used his mobility when the pocket broke down and ran for positive yards. He did not throw a int.
3.Cooley was a threat in the middle of the field and made clutch catches. However 2nd half he was quiet.
4.O-line gave JC time to go through his reads to find the open WR.
5.Portis ran tough when their were not many holes.
6.Kelly was involved in the offense making 4 grabs.
7.Mason saw his 1st reg. season carry.
8.Special Teams played very good.
9.Defense allowed on 1 TD.
10.Defense pressured Rams QB and forced turnover in the Red Zone.
11.Griff,Haynesworth,Rocky,Horton,Carter,London all made a impact today.
Thumbs Down:
1.Offense did not score a TD.
2.Defense can't get off the field on 3rd downs.
3.CB giving to much cushion on WR which allow 3rd down conversions.
4.D.Hall getting beat on the fade route by a knowbody WR.(Robinson).
5.Orakpo for getting the Roughing the passer call on a defense turnover in Rams territory.
6.Zorn consevative play calling in the Red Zone.
7.Zorn not trusting JC in the Red Zone out of the Gun. That formation got you down there.
8.Sellers dropping TD catch and lackluster blocking today.
9.O-LIne getting out physical by the Rams D-Line in run blocking.
10.Not going to our big Weapons (Kelly,Cooley,Mitchell,Thomas) more in the red Zorn when it was clear we could not run down their.
Who would have thought that Josh McDaniels in Denver would have his offense clicking better than ours in his first yr after the whole Orton,Cutler deal? And their defense is looking stout as well.... I know they played the BROWNIES but hey, we struggled vs the RAMS. A team we should have crushed at home with us having 200+ yds of offense before the half and how many redzone possessions that stalled? JC looked good but our playcalling lacks the aggression that you see the top teams have. I know i will get blasted for this, im just frustrated that Zorn cant get us in the endzone while teams who i thought would struggle --Lions,Broncos,Raiders,Bills-- have done more than us offensively. I know we played the Gmen who have a tough D but SH%%, Dallas without scored 30 on them WITHOUT T.O.
Again im just very frustrated right now. The fk'n bills have outscored us.AAHHHH
sorry
Old 09-21-2009, 08:10 AM   #40
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Since our NFC schedule is the same as last year, beating the Rams puts us 1 game up from last year's record. Now if we can sweep Philly and beat the Giant's just one friggin time, we should be playoff bound!

Monday morning feeling better already!
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:49 PM   #41
CrazyCanuck
Serenity Now

First off yesterday's game was exactly like the Rams game last year, almost identical. The only difference is last year we got burnt on the last deep pass, this year Horton saved us...

Thoughts:

- JC played well overall. Made things happen with his legs when needed. Missed Kelly on the opening long bomb but otherwise was pretty accurate. Shouldnt take blame for the drops.

- Santana used to be my favorite Skin. Now he's really in my doghouse. Dumb fights and that pick in the Giants game was his fault. He's gotta come back to the ball or at least knock it away from the defender. Reminded me of Joe Washington in the Raiders super bowl. Cant even remember the last time he made a big play for us. I think it was the Jax game a couple years ago. Time to step up, or at least absorb the double teams quietly.

- O-Line - big trouble (even before Thomas). The main reason we lost to the Giants was we got beat on both lines. They were able to run or screen at will and always seemed to have control of the game. Even yesterday against a college team we couldn't push them off the ball. A legit running team wouldn't have had to throw a single pass all day. Blame JC or the receivers if you want but our O-Line is undoubtedly our biggest offensive weakness. With Thomas hurt and Samuels not getting younger I kringe when I think about the future of this group. PLEASE draft some O linemen this year. We shouldn't draft another receiver or tight end for 10 years...

- Kelly - Ive been critical of the bust class of 2008 but I FINALLY saw a glimpse of something yesterday from Kelly. He's got the size and looks deceivingly quick and dangerous coming out of the backfield. Trust me I'm not sold yet, but at least there might be hope to salvage something from that dismal draft.

- Cooley - machine. Imagine our offense without him...

- Portis - no complaints. Ran hard, made yards out of nothing a couple times. God knows the line isn't opening gaping holes for him... Hang in there CP, wait at least a couple more weeks before you throw Zorny under the bus.

- Sellers - I can't curse the only offensive guy who tries every week but what's with the drop? Hands tired from signing your new contract??
:cool-smil

- Haynesworth - Really like what I see. The guy is an animal. See the play where he slid 3 slots down the line then absorbed Jackson like he weighed 50 pounds? Keep it up...

- Grif - great game, could have a big year next to AH.

- Orakpo - a little wild and bad penalty but there's hope here. Blache has to find the best way to use him but I'd like to see him attack QBs all day long.

- Rocky - great game, all over the field.

- Horton - SAVIOR - love this guy. Forces the key fumble then defends the final pass play. If it had been Hall in one on one coverage we lose the game and the Warpath blows up...
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:19 PM   #42
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

On a global scale, Crazy just hit it. We NEVER seem to be in control...
On either side of the ball. Good teams must control....we do not
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:34 PM   #43
Mechanix544
The Starter

I cant believe how much praise I hear for Campbell. I am very surprised. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, I hope he does, but playing "OK" against a stacked badass (Sarcastic tone inserted here) Rams Defense, I just can't be optimistic. I just can't. Call me a realist.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:36 PM   #44
Mechanix544
The Starter

I did like the plays he made with his feet. Pretty nice there, forgot to mention that.

So, not all bad
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:42 PM   #45
wilsowilso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
I cant believe how much praise I hear for Campbell. I am very surprised.
The guy is simply getting better every year. He is developing rather slowly and is by no means a finished product, but if all of our players got better every year we would be in great shape.

This is such a huge year for him and the jury is still out, but he has handled himself the right way over and over again off the field and he has shown enough on the field improvement that he deserves a very long look this year.
wilsowilso is offline   Reply With Quote