Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Redskins 2020 schedule

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2020, 05:37 PM   #46
mooby
liberal snowflake
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 16,615
Re: Redskins 2020 schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Debbie downer here. Objectively itís between us, bengals and lions as front runners for the no. 1 overall pick next year. Starting LT is not on the roster yet, secondary was not upgraded, LG play will probably fall below what flowers gave us, new coaches, young QB who needs development will be getting less of it bc of the Coronavirus.

Unless the front 4 really excel and take over some games, we should be a bottom 3 team again this year.

Outside of chase young, what impact player have we added that will make this 3-13 team a 6-10 team?
Normally I agree with you but let me play devil's advocate here.

Starting LT not on the roster yet - best case scenario Charles wins the job outright or learns quickly enough Geron? or whoever fill-in we got can hold it down the first half of the year.

Secondary not upgraded - this might be one of those things where an upgraded pass rush masks secondary deficiencies. Also hopefully our young DB's will progress enough, after all this year should be about building the roster anyways.

LG not live up to Flowers - Wes Martin looked decent filling in for Scherff last year, hopefully he seizes the opportunity and runs with it.

New coaches - =/= They just need time.

Young qb needs development - Yes, not working out with his guys on offense will hurt this offseason. Still, even if we get off to a slow start I don't see Haskins not working as hard as possible to prove himself.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-08-2020, 05:49 PM   #47
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 28,160
Re: Redskins 2020 schedule

If they finish dead last, HELLO FOOTBALL JESUS lol
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 06:03 PM   #48
SunnySide
The Starter
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 1,071
Re: Redskins 2020 schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Can't be a debbie downer with a nick of SunnySide. Please edit your post and have us winning atleast the division!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
You mean the division we went 0-6 in last year, and were out scored by 86 points? Including 2 loses to the 4-12 giants.

__________________
"We haven't put it together. We've made too many mistakes on game day. But the effort. The effort of the players and the rest of this organization is fantastic," Redskins Team President Bruce Allen said in early October.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 06:13 PM   #49
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 18,289
Re: Redskins 2020 schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
You mean the division we win 6-0 this year, and we out score the other teams by 86 points? Including 2 blowout wins to the 4-12 giants.



Fixed it for you

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 06:22 PM   #50
SunnySide
The Starter
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 1,071
Re: Redskins 2020 schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Normally I agree with you but let me play devil's advocate here.

Starting LT not on the roster yet - best case scenario Charles wins the job outright or learns quickly enough Geron? or whoever fill-in we got can hold it down the first half of the year.

Secondary not upgraded - this might be one of those things where an upgraded pass rush masks secondary deficiencies. Also hopefully our young DB's will progress enough, after all this year should be about building the roster anyways.

LG not live up to Flowers - Wes Martin looked decent filling in for Scherff last year, hopefully he seizes the opportunity and runs with it.

New coaches - =/= They just need time.

Young qb needs development - Yes, not working out with his guys on offense will hurt this offseason. Still, even if we get off to a slow start I don't see Haskins not working as hard as possible to prove himself.
LT - no way we roll Charles or geron out week 1. I do think with injuries by seasons end they both get some starts. We should add a Donald Penn type or a better option isn't cut but I imagine a decent older vet will be cut that we can sign.

Secondary - that's my biggest concern. Outside slot corner fuller we have young unproven jags. Darby hopefully can stay healthy.

Looking at the schedule, I could see 5-11 and I'm cool with that. .500 in Ron's second year and we are building something.
__________________
"We haven't put it together. We've made too many mistakes on game day. But the effort. The effort of the players and the rest of this organization is fantastic," Redskins Team President Bruce Allen said in early October.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 02:38 AM   #51
calia
The Starter
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Posts: 2,240
Re: Redskins 2020 schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Debbie downer here. Objectively itís between us, bengals and lions as front runners for the no. 1 overall pick next year. Starting LT is not on the roster yet, secondary was not upgraded, LG play will probably fall below what flowers gave us, new coaches, young QB who needs development will be getting less of it bc of the Coronavirus.

Unless the front 4 really excel and take over some games, we should be a bottom 3 team again this year.

Outside of chase young, what impact player have we added that will make this 3-13 team a 6-10 team?

Jack Del Rio for one. Ron Rivera for another. Coaching will be a lot better and that matters.

I think Davis is an upgrade over Nicholson and Fuller is back too. On offense, I am excited about our RBs and young WRs - waiting to see who emerges there. OL scares me, not going to lie about that.

All talk until games start though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?"
"I'm all for it." -- Coach McKay
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 01:38 PM   #52
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 14,063
Re: Redskins 2020 schedule

Haskins, the O line, Guice, and the secondary are the big questions. Coaching should be better than its been in years. Man I am so excited about Del Rio. Looking at this schedule after a full glass of koolaid I can imagine 9 wins. That is on a full glass.
__________________
Douche Snyder ruined my Sundays.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 01:57 PM   #53
sdskinsfan2001
Franchise Player
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 8,354
Re: Redskins 2020 schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Haskins, the O line, Guice, and the secondary are the big questions. Coaching should be better than its been in years. Man I am so excited about Del Rio. Looking at this schedule after a full glass of koolaid I can imagine 9 wins. That is on a full glass.
You need a bigger glass. Go get a big gulp!

__________________
Soon to be sdredwolvesfan2001 aka artist formerly known as sdskinsfan2001
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 02:38 PM   #54
Ohioskins
Special Teams
 
Ohioskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dublin, Ohio
Posts: 157
Re: Redskins 2020 schedule

I see 5 wins as most realistic outcome. In their off season, the Bengals made a lot of moves. I do not think we can take it for granted t hat we will be better than them. I think there will be some improvement just due to the coaching. I think these coaches will actually try to work with Haskins rather than just throwing him out on the field they way Gruden did. Plus Del Rio will be far, far, far, far, far, far, far better as a DC than Manusky.
Ohioskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 12:06 PM   #55
OnceWeWereKings
Impact Rookie
 
OnceWeWereKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 569
Re: Redskins 2020 schedule

I'm cautiously optimistic. Itll be nice to see what happens when we have a coach that puts gameplans together, and makes adjustments at the half. Remember when we had coaches that used to do that?
__________________
To beer, or not to beer? That is the ques.....oh, look...a beer.
OnceWeWereKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 12:27 PM   #56
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 25,583
Re: Redskins 2020 schedule

I think Scott Turner is gonna surprise alottttt of people. Also the point of signing and drafting RB should really clue people to the direction of the offense.

I think last year we would say, the defense has the majority of talent on the team. The team went out and acquired 5 new starters there...Del Rio has had a chance to completely reshape that unit.

This is gonna be a run and play good defense team. The passing offense will get a chance to mesh and grow together...itís not gonna be a rush job
__________________
Happy Thanksgiving!
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 01:42 PM   #57
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 28,160
Re: Redskins 2020 schedule

On paper it looks like a 4-5 win season but things change so fast in the NFL.. Remember last yr some said SF would be 4-12 and look what happened.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 10:56 AM   #58
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 94,025
Re: Redskins 2020 schedule

If Haskins comes out wheeling and dealing like he ended last year, who knows, anything could happen. Sky's the limit if he's the real deal.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 01:45 PM   #59
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 25,583
Re: Redskins 2020 schedule

To be honest when it comes to the passing game, Iím less worried about Haskins. Iím more worried that TE and no true outside WR outside of Terry develops.
__________________
Happy Thanksgiving!
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 05:57 PM   #60
rocnrik
Impact Rookie
 
rocnrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 968
Re: Redskins 2020 schedule

I see some are concerned with Secondary .. have no fear Did you not read that drafting Young would vault this D into top 10 ? We have used a lot of top picks on our D line .. Allen,Payne ,Sweat and others .. I hope this works out . We are really really thin at Oline And Itís all on Haskins . I hope he can stay upright !
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.25507 seconds with 10 queries