Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Will Snyder be pushed out?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-17-2020, 10:16 AM   #16
Burgold
Special Teams

Re: Will Snyder be pushed out?

Haaaaaaaaaa,we know darn well that Danny ain't goin nowhere,ol boys network...simple as that.
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-17-2020, 10:18 AM   #17
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Are you on reddit at all? There is a mega-thread on the r/redskins subreddit that is all about everything that is going on. There was a guy on there who wished to remain anonymous, but said that Larry Michael is a family friend and for many years they witnessed him being lewd & inappropriate at public functions and always wondered how he never faced consequences. He was described as not just being your "dirty old man" type person, but someone who was genuinely creepy and concerning with his words and actions.
Maybe it was just his appearance with the slicked back hair, but he always struck me as a slimy kind of guy and this didn't shock me.
Old 07-17-2020, 10:25 AM   #18
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Ultimately, yes. I think what we've heard so far is just the tip of the iceberg.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 10:26 AM   #19
mredskins
MVP

This is no different then the Mark Cuban/ Mavs thing few years back, it all blew over in a week. honestly the redskins were head of it by releasing/ retirement of all mentioned in the article. Plus they hired that internal review lawyer.

This is basically over and two weeks from now will be no news.

Sadly what deflated the severity of all this was all the rampant rumors blowing around; everyone was set for some giant Epstein bomb type thing and it ends up being cat calling and ass grabbing; certainly bad behavior but not headline grabbing news (no pun intended).
Old 07-17-2020, 10:29 AM   #20
MTK
\m/

Like Cuban did, Snyder needs to face the music and hold a presser and answer the tough questions. He won't though.
Old 07-17-2020, 10:29 AM   #21
SunnySide
Playmaker

No I don’t think this reaches far enough up to DS for the league to step in. I imagine it’s scare the crap out of the other 31 owners if they started eating their own for things done by their staff. Hell robert Kraft still hasn’t been punished for the hand job and denial. Or has he and it was a slap in the wrist during covid?

This just makes it even more embarrassing for us as fans.

FBI - I don’t see why they would be involved in dudes acting creepy, I didn’t see any physical contact or pubes on a coke can stuff that makes it go beyond words
Old 07-17-2020, 10:30 AM   #22
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Isn't there an owner meeting coming up? Who do you think he sends in his place now that Allen can't attend them?
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 10:32 AM   #23
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Like Cuban did, Snyder needs to face the music and hold a presser and answer the tough questions. He won't though.
Oh god it was soooooooo awkward just him introducing RR that one time.
Old 07-17-2020, 10:33 AM   #24
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
This is no different then the Mark Cuban/ Mavs thing few years back, it all blew over in a week. honestly the redskins were head of it by releasing/ retirement of all mentioned in the article. Plus they hired that internal review lawyer.

This is basically over and two weeks from now will be no news.

Sadly what deflated the severity of all this was all the rampant rumors blowing around; everyone was set for some giant Epstein bomb type thing and it ends up being cat calling and ass grabbing; certainly bad behavior but not headline grabbing news (no pun intended).
And you think Snyder as an owner is viewed the same way as Cuban?

Also, when you downplay the severity of this, you're down playing sexual harassment and the terrible things these women went through. I don't get this reaction from people all over Twitter: "Oh bummer, it's just sexual harassment."
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 10:41 AM   #25
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

The Mavs story was much worse...wasn’t it?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 10:41 AM   #26
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Too early to say.

You are right, but the mere thought of this being debatable in an otherwise awful year was just too fuzzy and warm to ignore.....
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 10:42 AM   #27
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post

Also, when you downplay the severity of this, you're down playing sexual harassment and the terrible things these women went through. I don't get this reaction from people all over Twitter: "Oh bummer, it's just sexual harassment."
I think the people that are downplaying it are not realizing that they are playing down what happened to the women, they are disappointed because they know that nothing will happen to Dan or the organization, after being led to believe for days that we were going to find out about what some people called the biggest scandal ever in professional sports.

When it hit home that Dan and the organization will be fine, nothing will change, and we keep on being par for our course, people were let down and their emotions and reactions unfortunately downplayed the hellish work environment that the women were exposed to. I don't feel people downplayed them on purpose, if they could go back and think about everything again.
Old 07-17-2020, 10:43 AM   #28
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Not necessarily. A lot of people realize it's a serious accusation.

The media's apocalyptic claims are what created the big letdown...business as usual for them.

You can be both relieved about it not being more and also realize the severity of what DID happen and not be a bad person.
Old 07-17-2020, 10:44 AM   #29
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post

I am not down playing it. Those involved lost their jobs and no one should be harassed.

WRONG WAS DONE. Now what is the punishment? If you are waiting for a town hall where all three are hung and we cheer like the folks of Salem you are going to be disappointed.

If i did this in my workplace I be fired, then most likely divorced, victim may get a peace order against me and/or civil lawsuit criminal offense charge. WHAT everyone was looking for was this giant BOMB of news that ousted Danny Boy. Everyone wanted the nuke and got a grenade instead. So you get this " oh it was only sexual harassment".

I most definitely sympathize with the 15 victims if their story is true and i believe the system owes them justice but what happen to them is a far cry from say the Epstein victims.

Also, don't think that there aren't females/males out there that use their sexual attractiveness for advancement as well; this is why i have a hard time feeling bad for the Mann victim who clearly looked like she was using her ass as bait to get a sandwich.
Old 07-17-2020, 10:44 AM   #30
skinsfan69
Living Legend

One could only hope. I doubt he is going anywhere. He wasn't directly involved in anything except being unprofessional and an asshole to his executives. That won't be enough to remove him. The media is talking draft picks as punishment. That would suck. The best punishment would be to suspend Snyder from the team for a year. That is probably the outcome we can hope for. Let Ron establish his culture w/out any interference from Dan.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote