Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-17-2013, 12:55 PM   #61
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Re: Post Your Redskins Mock Draft Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
1.Don't take what I'm suggesting as gospel

2. We've been very vocal about wanting Duke Williams that I question the seriousness

3. Duke may end up going in the 3rd

4. We're not trading up from 51, that I can pretty much guarantee (I think)
True. Could be à smokescreen on Duke, but the Hunter/Ellington think threw me off guard.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #62
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
...I also see them going offense early(playmaker)
Curious as to why do you think they'll go offense/playmaker early?

Is it because of the way you think the draft will unfold i.e. a run on SAF prior to pick #51 or some other reason?

It appears our needs in the secondary match up quite nicely with the depth of the draft at those positions.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #63
MTK
\m/

More weapons more problems... for opposing defenses.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #64
donofriose
The Starter

Maybe they are looking for the best players instead of drafting players solely based on need.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:39 PM   #65
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
More weapons more problems... for opposing defenses.
The game is changing. Its an arms race on the offensive side of the ball. How many weapons can you get? Defenses NOT really winning championships anymore. Defense can get you to the playoffs, but teams who can put up numbers and can never be out of a game are the ones doing damage. The ablility to score is the focus these day. Defense that can score or produce turnovers are more sought after than ones that can stop on 3rd downs.

Folks the game is changing.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #66
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The game is changing. Its an arms race on the offensive side of the ball. How many weapons can you get? Defenses NOT really winning championships anymore. Defense can get you to the playoffs, but teams who can put up numbers and can never be out of a game are the ones doing damage. The ablility to score is the focus these day. Defense that can score or produce turnovers are more sought after than ones that can stop on 3rd downs.

Folks the game is changing.
Yeah I think the mentality now is to have a decent enough defense to get by, while having an offense that can march down the field and score at will. The way the rules are set up now gives almost all the advantages to the offense.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #67
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
Curious as to why do you think they'll go offense/playmaker early?

Is it because of the way you think the draft will unfold i.e. a run on SAF prior to pick #51 or some other reason?

It appears our needs in the secondary match up quite nicely with the depth of the draft at those positions.
They want to give RG3 more weapons
They feel the DB/S class is actually quite deep with the gap not being that huge between the 4th best and the 14th best
They know they have no true slot receiver outside of the 34-year-old Santana Moss
Evan Royster is the current back-up to Morris and he's gone from likely starter to a foot and a half out the door in less than a year

And I think they're not being totally truthful about Helu's status

I mean maybe they'll go DB in the 2nd and WR/RB in the 3rd, but I don't think they're going to go defense/defense off the top
Old 04-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #68
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
I mean maybe they'll go DB in the 2nd and WR/RB in the 3rd, but I don't think they're going to go defense/defense off the top
Outside of the top few picks in the 1st round no team knows what they'll do exactly. They know what they want to to happen; but the draft is all about contingencies and adjustments. I think they'll go best player available. I don't think its predetermined if they go 2nd round WR 3rd round DB etc. I think they'll go BPA and the draft will play out.

And I think every team wants to give their QB more weapons. But, I think this draft sets up quite nicely to improve the weakest unit on the team. And on the whole I think there is much easier and nets a greater impact from improve upon a poor unit then trying to improve an already elite unit like the offense.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:24 PM   #69
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Outside of the top few picks in the 1st round no team knows what they'll do exactly. They know what they want to to happen; but the draft is all about contingencies and adjustments. I think they'll go best player available. I don't think its predetermined if they go 2nd round WR 3rd round DB etc. I think they'll go BPA and the draft will play out.

And I think every team wants to give their QB more weapons. But, I think this draft sets up quite nicely to improve the weakest unit on the team. And on the whole I think there is much easier and nets a greater impact from improve upon a poor unit then trying to improve an already elite unit like the offense.
I don't think our offense is "elite " I think it's very good. The saints, pats , broncos and packers have elite offenses IMO.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:37 PM   #70
30gut
Playmaker

#1 rushing offense
#4 points
#5 yards

Football Outsiders: FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2012 OFFENSIVE EFFICIENCY RATINGS
#2 Rushing
#5 Offense
#6 Passing
Old 04-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #71
MTK
\m/

Quote:
#1 rushing offense
#4 points
#5 yards

Football Outsiders: FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2012 OFFENSIVE EFFICIENCY RATINGS
#2 Rushing
#5 Offense
#6 Passing
Hard to hate on those numbers.

Call it elite or whatever you want, but our offense was exciting last year and should only continue to improve and evolve.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #72
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Hard to hate on those numbers.

Call it elite or whatever you want, but our offense was exciting last year and should only continue to improve and evolve.
No doubt it was great last year but I think to be Elite u have to do it over time. I believe our offense is getting there though, but yes we do need a couple more weapons.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:53 PM   #73
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
No doubt it was great last year but I think to be Elite u have to do it over time. I believe our offense is getting there though, but yes we do need a couple more weapons.
Sure, but do we 'need' more weapons compared to other areas? And what are we talking about when we say weapon? Maybe defining the term will get us on the same page.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #74
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Broncos wouldn't really fit then with your definition.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:11 PM   #75
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:

I'm not really saying otherwise