Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Your First round pick for the skins?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-17-2014, 02:34 PM   #1
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

Your First round pick for the skins?

I know it's early, but we have nothing else positive to talk about. Name your pick and why?

Randy Gregory- DE Nebraska

Amari Cooper- WR Alabama

Brandon Scherff- OT IOWA

Landon Collins- S Alabama

Andrus Peat- OT Stanford

Other...

Advertisements
Old 12-17-2014, 02:39 PM   #2
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Your First round pick for the skins?

I just keep hearing great things about Stanford Andrus Peat OT and USC DE Leonard Williams

Id like to keep it in the trenches, I dont think there are great choices in the secondary first round.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 02:43 PM   #3
Schneed10
A Dude

Landon Collins for me. I wouldn't mind another pass rusher either, but pass rush and safety play goes hand in hand, and I'm afraid we have 3 or 4 half decent pass rushers in one hand but 0 safeties in the other hand.

Kerrigan's pressure could make Collins look pretty good, some rushed throws could mean INTs if we actually had a rangy safety back there.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:44 PM   #4
Schneed10
A Dude

Also yeah, a stud offensive lineman would be nice. Put him on the right side. Let Moses learn how to play guard.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:45 PM   #5
Skins4Eva
Camp Scrub

McShay, in his first mock, has taking Shane Ray OLB/DE Missouri. Not sure we would go that route after drafting Trent Murphy. Anything in the trench on either side of the ball is fine with me.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:52 PM   #6
SirLK26
The Starter

It's a good year for defensive linemen/pass rushers. Gregory, Shane Ray, Leonard Williams, Shawn Oakman, Danny Shelton, etc. Trade back several spots and get one of these guys. We're way too old on the defensive line, and even Baker isn't anything more than solid. Offensive line can wait a round or two, and the safety class doesn't seem to be very strong this year.
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 02:54 PM   #7
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Shane Ray or Leonard Williams.

Landon Collins is a close second behind them, he just has some coverage issues.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 02:55 PM   #8
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
It's a good year for defensive linemen/pass rushers. Gregory, Shane Ray, Leonard Williams, Shawn Oakman, Danny Shelton, etc. Trade back several spots and get one of these guys.
Damn the trade back, stay where you are and take the best prospect that can help you. That trade back is how we have Kerrigan and not a possible JJ Watt or Robert Quinn

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 03:07 PM   #9
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

I am in the Landon Collins boat. We need our own Earl Thomas leading the secondary and he can be that type of player.
Old 12-17-2014, 03:37 PM   #10
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Collins is more a strong safety...i dont know. Is he another Mark Barron? Id be worried about taking him top ten.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 03:43 PM   #11
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
It's a good year for defensive linemen/pass rushers. Gregory, Shane Ray, Leonard Williams, Shawn Oakman, Danny Shelton, etc. Trade back several spots and get one of these guys. We're way too old on the defensive line, and even Baker isn't anything more than solid. Offensive line can wait a round or two, and the safety class doesn't seem to be very strong this year.
Are you kidding? How many useless third round OL should we have on our team? The only way for this FO to identify a good OL is to draft a first rounder who is a consensus stud. They'll screw up any other OL pick.

With our first pick I want the Skins to pick the best OT in the draft. Then, I want the Skins to move up into the late first round and pick the best OG in the draft. This is my dream.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 03:47 PM   #12
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Collins has issues in coverage. Cooper is a Redskin type of pick since they're obsessed w/ WR's. They need to do what Jerry Jones is doing, take a big ass guard or tackle that can road grade and protect the QB. That's what use to win around here. I'd be looking hard at Peat.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 04:00 PM   #13
Starry Plough
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
I am in the Landon Collins boat. We need our own Earl Thomas leading the secondary and he can be that type of player.
Collins has outstanding athleticism and range no doubt about it, but I just don't see him coming close to becoming an Earl Thomas type of player. It's a position I also don't believe is worthy of a top 5 pick unless it's a can't miss ball hawking prospect ah-la Sean Taylor, Eric Berry or even ET and Collins, for all his qualities isn't that. I'm keeping an eye on Derron Smith out of Fresno State. He'll likely be available from round 2 on, although I expect him to put up some tidy numbers at the combine. Maybe even pair him with someone like Da'Norris Searcy in FA.

I've personally flip-flopped then between offensive and defensive line myself. Ronnie Stanley (Notre Dame) is shooting up boards and could be this years Greg Robinson. He'd instantly provide us with a bookend tackle on the right side, with the ability to slide over to the left if necessary. TJ Clemmings out of Pittsburgh is another who despite his lack of experience (converted defensive end) has fantastic tools. Could also play some guard. They'd be two in particular I'd have absolutely no problem with.

Finally defense and admittedly, this maybe makes the most sense if the circumstances are right. By that I mean a trade down, would be an option to consider, after which someone like Eddie Goldman, the big tackle out of Florida State could be a perfect fit as either a nose or end. He plays both the run and pass very well and would give us a much needed shot of youthful talent.

In a nutshell then, if we can't find a trade partner I'd take Stanley. However, if that's an option then I'd certainly explore it if the terms are right. There are no Watts in this draft anyway IMO.
Old 12-17-2014, 05:50 PM   #14
SirLK26
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Are you kidding? How many useless third round OL should we have on our team? The only way for this FO to identify a good OL is to draft a first rounder who is a consensus stud. They'll screw up any other OL pick.

With our first pick I want the Skins to pick the best OT in the draft. Then, I want the Skins to move up into the late first round and pick the best OG in the draft. This is my dream.
So you're among those that say if an offensive lineman(or any position I suppose) isn't good enough to start as a rookie, he'll never be good enough? Why wouldn't you give Long and Moses another season at the very least before writing them off "useless?"
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 06:43 PM   #15
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Trade down, get an OL, S or DE whatever the best player at that position who's available. If RGIII is traded, then I would consider Mariota.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote