Around the NFL Post Draft News.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-17-2018, 06:16 PM   #256
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Around the NFL Post Draft News.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I think Cousins needs to remember that the Redskins made him a very rich man. Not sure that any 4th rounders have made 44 million in two years.
Nah but there's a 6th rounder who has.

Note* I am not comparing Cousins to Brady in any physical capacity, strictly in an "earnings potential" manner.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-17-2018, 06:40 PM   #257
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I think Rich Tandler said it best when reacting to this article:

"@TandlerNBCS
Not to stir things up on a Sunday morning, but this is one thing that bothered me about Cousins. If you’re the starting QB and making $20 million + per year, you need to be the leader, period. You can either do it or you can’t."
I think his teammates would agree but they won't come out and say it. I remember when CT said his side of the story on KC.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2018, 11:15 AM   #258
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Even though TO is a baby and selfish, good for him for not going. The HOF made a mockery out of the entire thing. Media should never ever vote on HOF selections. It should be former players and coaches. Isn't TO in the top 3 in td scored? The guy put the ball in the end zone...period. He is a 1st ballot HOF player. The same shit went on with Monk. He retired as the all time leader in catches and they made him wait for years. Fuck those people making the selections, they're football IQ's are obviously in the toilet.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 04:23 PM   #259
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Mockery ?TO is an idiot. This doesn't have a damn thing to do with the voters at the HOF.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:46 PM   #260
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Mockery ?TO is an idiot. This doesn't have a damn thing to do with the voters at the HOF.
The NFL hall of fame and the selection process is shameful.

They have the candidates stay in a hotel, awaiting a knock on the door to let them know if they were inducted.

He is an idiot, but he is a HOF level player who was passed over because he was an idiot.

LT, Ray Lewis, etc etc.

If players don't lobby and kiss up, then they don't get in; if they are and do, then you can be a criminal, thug, pedophile and get the jacket.

If the HOF is legit, why didn't he get in last year? He didn't get in because the HOF voters were "teaching him a lesson." Not because he wasn't a HOF receiver.

They have no credibility. If a self absorbed, diva WR trolls these guys, I couldn't care less. They deserve it just like he deserves a gold jacket, no matter how big of a jerk he is.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:05 PM   #261
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post

They have the candidates stay in a hotel, awaiting a knock on the door to let them know if they were inducted.

He is an idiot, but he is a HOF level player who was passed over because he was an idiot.

LT, Ray Lewis, etc etc.

If players don't lobby and kiss up, then they don't get in; if they are and do, then you can be a criminal, thug, pedophile and get the jacket.

If the HOF is legit, why didn't he get in last year? He didn't get in because the HOF voters were "teaching him a lesson." Not because he wasn't a HOF receiver.

They have no credibility. If a self absorbed, diva WR trolls these guys, I couldn't care less. They deserve it just like he deserves a gold jacket, no matter how big of a jerk he is.

You need to provide links to your assertions becuase no one I know says it works that way. Like Art Monk ,Harry Carson went through the same thing fans of those players felt they should have gone in first ballot there are reasons they did not .I am not knocking TO playing ability make that clear but you claims about the NFL HOF are baseless.

Selection Process FAQ - Selection Process | Pro Football Hall of Fame Official Site
Old 07-18-2018, 09:28 PM   #262
MTK
\m/

Plenty of well deserving players don’t make it first ballot. That’s just the nature of how selective the process is.
Old 07-19-2018, 06:33 AM   #263
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

LT, Ray Lewis, etc etc.

Why yes, it was a masterpiece conspiracy amongst the voters to deliberately come up just short of the 80% needed for induction.

I mean seriously, it's the Hall of Fame. Not the stats of fame. If stats were the only measurement, he'd be in. But you're lying to yourself if you don't think they wouldn't or shouldn't factor the intangibles, like whether you were a good teammate (I would say no based on the constant controversies and the constant bouncing around) or whether you didn't give two shits about team success as long as you got yours.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:52 AM   #264
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
You need to provide links to your assertions becuase no one I know says it works that way. Like Art Monk ,Harry Carson went through the same thing fans of those players felt they should have gone in first ballot there are reasons they did not .I am not knocking TO playing ability make that clear but you claims about the NFL HOF are baseless.

Selection Process FAQ - Selection Process | Pro Football Hall of Fame Official Site
https://www.google.com/amp/s/ftw.usa...-of-canton/amp

He was kept out because he was, I kid you not, "a hall of fame receiver five teams couldn't wait to get rid of"

His snub had nothing to do with his performance on the field.

The hall of fame voter interviewed contradicts his vote and the guidelines the voters are supposed to go by.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2018, 10:55 AM   #265
DYoungJelly
The Starter

According to the article above, they are supposed to consider the on field performance.

They didn't here and the article clears it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Why yes, it was a masterpiece conspiracy amongst the voters to deliberately come up just short of the 80% needed for induction.

I mean seriously, it's the Hall of Fame. Not the stats of fame. If stats were the only measurement, he'd be in. But you're lying to yourself if you don't think they wouldn't or shouldn't factor the intangibles, like whether you were a good teammate (I would say no based on the constant controversies and the constant bouncing around) or whether you didn't give two shits about team success as long as you got yours.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:49 PM   #266
Meks
Pro Bowl

T.O. lmao - saw him on the espys in the seats thinking - this fucking cry baby ... the same guy that walked off of an MTV reality challenge for CHARITY where he was by far the best athlete and could have gone far and at the very least raised more awareness for his cause but no, he walked off and quit because he got into an argument with an MTV reality tv star ... HOF? more like FOH you selfish 12 year old girl.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 01:01 PM   #267
MTK
\m/

Around the NFL Post Draft News.

I don’t have a big problem with the voters using what goes down in the locker room and the sidelines as part of their evaluation.

If you’re a shitty teammate that’s part of your on the field performance.

Don’t most of us in our professions get graded on how we interact with our co-workers to some degree?
Old 07-20-2018, 05:56 AM   #268
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/ftw.usa...-of-canton/amp

He was kept out because he was, I kid you not, "a hall of fame receiver five teams couldn't wait to get rid of"

His snub had nothing to do with his performance on the field.

The hall of fame voter interviewed contradicts his vote and the guidelines the voters are supposed to go by.

LOL, you really need to think about that,hard.When he runs back to the star in Dallas...."that is all so his performance on the field",when he does the "popcorn thing",all on the field stuff,his bitching and bellyaching to coachs and QB's during a game,yup, it's all considerd. He is in the HOF ,he needs to grow up and act like a man and not a punk.All he is doing is confirming the reason why he wasn't a first ballot , he didn't deserve to be one.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:30 AM   #269
dmek25
MVP

i cant stand the guy, but totally disagree. HOF should be by performance, only. you speak about the star incident, and the popcorn. but remember this, both came after scoring touchdowns. how many choirboys actually play in the NFL?
Old 07-20-2018, 10:43 AM   #270
MTK
\m/

End of the day he was voted in. So it wasn’t first ballot, who cares. He’s in.