Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

The Manti Te'o Dead Girlfriend Hoax Web of Lies

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-17-2013, 02:55 PM   #16
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: The Manti Te'o Dead Girlfriend Hoax Web of Lies

He lied about having a girlfriend, and killed her off when it wasn't convenient anymore. No actual girlfriends were harmed in the production of this story. Worst thing about this story is the timing both now, and during some of the events.

For me, I think he used her as an excuse when he needed to get away from his parents (pretty sure all of us made up things to get parents off our backs, well at least I know I did), and then when his Grandma died, he -being not so creative - used that same plot to get rid of an unnecessary fiction in his life. During the course of it, it took on legs of it's own, and getting out from under it made for the conflicting parts of his stories.

My best hope is that he somehow falls to us, but this isn't going to cause that type of fall, I am sure. (If it does, we need to get Vinnie C to start planting fictional girlfriends for all the top cornerbacks and safeties in the draft, for some reason I think he would be good at that!)
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-17-2013, 02:57 PM   #17
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Yeah I want to know if he was really talking to a girl on the phone or if he was making that up. If he wasn't making it up then who could the girls voice be?
There is no logical explanation for why he'd now be saying it was online only, if he had talked to someone on the phone. It seems obvioius to me he was lying before when he said he talked to her, and he's lying now when he says he was the victim of a hoax. The only think i'm really interested in is WHY he lied then and why he's lying now. I am guessing there will be alot more lies before the truth is uncovered.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #18
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
He lied about having a girlfriend, and killed her off when it wasn't convenient anymore. No actual girlfriends were harmed in the production of this story. Worst thing about this story is the timing both now, and during some of the events.

For me, I think he used her as an excuse when he needed to get away from his parents (pretty sure all of us made up things to get parents off our backs, well at least I know I did), and then when his Grandma died, he -being not so creative - used that same plot to get rid of an unnecessary fiction in his life. During the course of it, it took on legs of it's own, and getting out from under it made for the conflicting parts of his stories.

My best hope is that he somehow falls to us, but this isn't going to cause that type of fall, I am sure. (If it does, we need to get Vinnie C to start planting fictional girlfriends for all the top cornerbacks and safeties in the draft, for some reason I think he would be good at that!)
ILB is pretty low down on our priorities. Add to that the fact that he looked awful against an NFL-style offense in the championship game, and i dont know why we'd waste a 2nd round pick on a guy with so many question marks. I'm positive there are 10-15 other players we could get in the later rounds who have simliar abilities without the baggage.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #19
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Maybe I'm not understanding this whole thing. So clear this up for me guys, in case I'm wrong...

This kid (Te'o) talked to a girl over the internet, met her, continued the relationship, then randomly she "dies", then randomly she "calls him and says she's not dead", then he continues acting like she's dead, until the press breaks the story and he fesses up that he was had?

If I'm right (which I'm not sure if I am), how is that his fault at all? The guy's probably incredibly embarrassed.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #20
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

What I'm learning from The Warpath. Raise a little money for charity and you can be a douchebag and no one cares!
Old 01-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #21
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I think his performance in the championship game will hurt his draft stock more than his lies, regardless of his motivations.
Agreed.

@Goat - i here what you are saying about our locker room , but his teammates love him. This isnt a Vinny move, he is not 40 and he can plsy football. I agree with Coff - look at pittsburgh. Depending on what the off field issues are they dont always translate into locker room cancers. I really agree with BHA though Bama game hurts more than this crazy shit. That being said the entire team didnt show up for Bama. Manti's body of work at ND plus a good combine = draft if available imo.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:06 PM   #22
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Why is Notre Dame backing this clown? The AD was crying while he gave a press conference. lol. You gotta be kidding me. I don't know who looks worse. Te'o or the AD.
I think they are backing themselves. I mean they sort of come across as dumb too if he was at fault for this.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:08 PM   #23
mredskins
MVP

Who cares even if the worst case scenario is he made it up . Did it ruin anyone's life on here? He surely embarrassed ND, his family and most of all himself. ALSO, in the process of the lie he raised $3k for leukemia. I am not saying that made it right I am just saying other then the embarrassment that was the only other by-product of this.

I don't think that warrants him being a d-bag.

Really is anyone on here really butt hurt over this? If so you may want check to see if you have a life of your own.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #24
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
ILB is pretty low down on our priorities. Add to that the fact that he looked awful against an NFL-style offense in the championship game, and i dont know why we'd waste a 2nd round pick on a guy with so many question marks. I'm positive there are 10-15 other players we could get in the later rounds who have simliar abilities without the baggage.
I don't follow college football, so maybe he's not. I do know he was raved about for the year, and was a Heismann candidate. Maybe he doesn't fit, so I am not sitting counting how far he drops, but if he was a top 10, and he fell to the 50ish spot mainly because of this, I would not be upset if we grabbed him.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #25
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Maybe I'm not understanding this whole thing. So clear this up for me guys, in case I'm wrong...

This kid (Te'o) talked to a girl over the internet, met her, continued the relationship, then randomly she "dies", then randomly she "calls him and says she's not dead", then he continues acting like she's dead, until the press breaks the story and he fesses up that he was had?

If I'm right (which I'm not sure if I am), how is that his fault at all? The guy's probably incredibly embarrassed.
Well, I guess there is some question as to whether there ever was even a girl to begin with, or whether the whole thing was just one lie stacked on another.
I thought it was the second one, but either way I just tend to agree with mredskins
Old 01-17-2013, 03:13 PM   #26
los panda
Pro Bowl

before this whole thing, i didn't want him for anything higher than a 4th/5th.

until all the facts come out, i'll reserve myself
Old 01-17-2013, 03:15 PM   #27
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Who cares even if the worst case scenario is he made it up . Did it ruin anyone's life on here? He surely embarrassed ND, his family and most of all himself. ALSO, in the process of the lie he raised $3k for leukemia. I am not saying that made it right I am just saying other then the embarrassment that was the only other by-product of this.

Really is anyone on here really butt hurt over this? If so you may want check to see if you have a life of your own.
Since we dont know the facts obviously this is all just speculation. I tend to agree with your overall point. I mean its hard to pinpoint exactly what he did wrong if he was in fact not the victim. That being said , if i told everybody i had cancer, and raised alot of money from family and friends (and fans if i had them), is that ok? Im having a hard time thinking he did nothing wrong if this indeed was all his own making, even though it didnt "hurt" anyone.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:16 PM   #28
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post

I think youre not understanding.

His original version of the relationship was: He physically met her, talked to her on the phone every day, and also communicated with her online.

His current story is it was online-only and it was a hoax and he's embarrassed.

Quote:
He's at fault for lying - best case scenario, he lied about meeting her and lied about talking to her on the phone every day in a tearful interview about his (imaginary) girlfriend and real grandmother dying on the same day. which is pretty dispicable and dishonors his grandmother in my opinion.

Worst case (and probably most likely scenario), he made the entire thing up for reasons which are unknown.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #29
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post

I'm butt hurt. She was my girlfriend until she left me for him. Now I find out that she doesn't exist. Heartbreaking.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #30
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Since we dont know the facts obviously this is all just speculation. I tend to agree with your overall point. I mean its hard to pinpoint exactly what he did wrong if he was in fact not the victim. That being said , if i told everybody i had cancer, and raised alot of money from family and friends (and fans if i had them), is that ok? Im having a hard time thinking he did nothing wrong if this indeed was all his own making, even though it didnt "hurt" anyone.
I personally worked with a guy who did that. Told EVERYONE he had cancer, us, his roommates (who were also his co-workers), his church, I think even his parents. Had people offering to pick him up from the doctor's after his chemo treatments and what not. His church was even raising money for him.

Eventually his roommate/co-worker called his doctor to ask how his progression was going. And his doctor was like wtf, he doesn't have cancer!

After I heard about that, I never saw him at work again. I guess he had to move out of state and change his name.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote