Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

'Boys' Henson, Jones Looking Impressive

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-26-2004, 09:51 AM   #16
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal
What did Henson do in college? Very little. I believe Desmond Howard went to Michigan and was acclaimed as a great receiver. I bet their QBs follow the same trends.

What about Brady? Anyways just wanted to throw that our there, but I agree with you lol. The thing with Henson (and I'm not saying this just because hes a Cowboy); is I just dont understand where all this hype comes from. They said yesterday that he only played like one full season in high-school, and one season in college. I mean how much could he have proven to reckon all of the hype he has gotten. I'm not saying he cant be good, I think he very well could be a great player, but I just dont see why everyone expects him to be so good, after he hasent really proven anything?
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-26-2004, 09:58 AM   #17
MTK
\m/

Jones has looked pretty good, but I guess you spoke a little too soon on Henson, Ramseyfan.

He looked pretty bad, but to be fair the guy hasn't played football in what, 3 years?

He looked pretty much how I expected him to look.
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 11:21 PM   #18
la73hof
Special Teams

Some of you my find this hard to believe but Henson asctually played more football @ Mich than Vick did @ Va Tech

In 2001, the late Joel Buchsbaum polled 10 GM's asking them Henson or Vick

7 said Henson

Im sure this may make some of you VERY happy because there is growing speculation that Drew Bledsoe (if cut for cap reasons) may very well be brought to Dallas for '05 :vomit-smi

Thanks!
la73hof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 12:12 AM   #19
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

7GMs in the leagues are absolute idiots.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 07:04 AM   #20
bedlamVR
Special Teams

Bledsoe isn't the force he use to be and unless the Cowboys overhaul their recveiver core he will not struggle there too. Also the Bills are starting to get hot they may think it is worth keeping him.
bedlamVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 01:28 PM   #21
la73hof
Special Teams

Quote:
Couldnt the same be said for Sean Taylor right around now?

A DUI and very little impact this year?

Kinda silly, dontcha think?

Thanks!
Old 11-27-2004, 01:30 PM   #22
la73hof
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedlamVR
Bledsoe isn't the force he use to be and unless the Cowboys overhaul their recveiver core he will not struggle there too. Also the Bills are starting to get hot they may think it is worth keeping him.
Understood...we dont want him here either..but with Parcells desire to want to win now...we may get him anyways

To me, Bledsoe is a downgrade from Interceptaverde

Thanks!
Old 11-27-2004, 02:00 PM   #23
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

Folks:

At Michigan, Henson started and some guy named Tom Brady sat on the bench behind him. Since Brady turned out sorta OK, maybe Henson might do OK too? You have to at least try to give him a chance.

As for the assertion that Ramsey will be far better than Henson will ever be, that is a fond wish for every Redskin fan. However, at one point, a big time football coach thought Henson was better than Brady. And no one - not even the most rabid Redskin fan on the planet - would say that there is any current evidence to suggest that Ramsey is better than Brady.
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 02:37 PM   #24
offiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscurmudgeon
Folks:

At Michigan, Henson started and some guy named Tom Brady sat on the bench behind him. Since Brady turned out sorta OK, maybe Henson might do OK too? You have to at least try to give him a chance.

As for the assertion that Ramsey will be far better than Henson will ever be, that is a fond wish for every Redskin fan. However, at one point, a big time football coach thought Henson was better than Brady. And no one - not even the most rabid Redskin fan on the planet - would say that there is any current evidence to suggest that Ramsey is better than Brady.
SC that really isn't a fair analogy, how many QB's where selected before Brady? In fact Belechik thought Bledsoe was better than Brady the only reason Brady recieved playing time was because of an injury to Bledsoe, the fact is if this coach was big time why was Henson starting ahead of Brady? There is NO WAY Henson will be better than Brady, Henson is a product of athletic ability and people's assumtion that he will fullfill that potential, the guy is not a QB not in the instinctive sense, he can do everything you want a QB to do exept think like a QB, he can't even throw the ball properly which is another reason he hasen't seen the field up until last week, and by the way who played better in his first game Henson or Ramsey? Ramsey hand's down. Comparing anyone to Brady right now is just not fair he is in a league by himself not even Favre, or Manning, he's accomplished more than both in a much shorter time, the Pat's didn't win regardless of who their QB was, they won because of Brady, without him I don't believe the Pat's have any SB victory's. I do see a lot of the same trait's in Ramsey that Brady possesses but until he has a couple of SB's under his belt that is not even a question to take serious.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 08:19 PM   #25
That Guy
Living Legend

SC, a lot of people thought that a LOT of QBs were better than brady, or else he wouldn't have gone in the 6th round, so the fact that henson is yet another of those doesn't mean much to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by la73hof
Couldnt the same be said for Sean Taylor right around now?
that 7 gms are idiots? maybe you haven't watched him... he's missed some tackles, but he's also been able to play man on TO and CJ (and got ints covering both of them)... 5 tackles a game, 1 sack, 3 ints, 4 pass deflections... he's proved a lot more in the nfl this year than henson has in the last 4...
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 08:41 PM   #26
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
thats hilarious!!
htownskinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 11:16 PM   #27
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

It doesn't mean much to you that Tom Brady - winner of two Super Bowl MVPs - played behind Henson but it does mean something to you that Ramsey is likely to be beter than Henson because he - - - has done what?

Ramsey was taken in the first round so that makes him better? See Ryan Leaf and Akili Smith and Rick Mirer and the ever-popular Jeff George for examples of how that doesn't work.

Joe Montana didn't go until the 3rd round, so Ramsey has more potential? Hello?

It'll be wonderful if Ramsey turns out to be a Pro Bowler and a league MVP. But so far he has done NOTHING to indicate that is ever going to happen.
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 06:36 AM   #28
That Guy
Living Legend

SC, i was just saying that just because Henson was a higher pick, that doesn't mean he's going to be gauranteed anything... right now PR is looking better than him from an on field production stand-point...

brady was behind him, but that doesn't mean he's any better, especially not now...
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 01:11 AM   #29
la73hof
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop
yup, jackson would be a lot more worrisome than jones... he had a good game today, but jackson will be the better back over the haul.
bump...

Sorry I had to....

Thanks!
Old 12-07-2004, 01:12 AM   #30
la73hof
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan
thats hilarious!!
One of them was Vinny Cerrato...

Thanks!