Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

What a wonderful Monday Morning!!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-06-2004, 09:13 AM   #1
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

What a wonderful Monday Morning!!

Things that just make my day today -

1. The morning coffee tastes better after a win.

2. I can read the newspaper sports articles and not cringe, get depressed, or start dreading next week.

3. I can't wait to look at the power rankings and watch our rating actually go UP!

4. There is hope for my team again.

5. The warpath debate is generally "Which good thing that we did was better than the other good things we did and was most responsible for winning?" as opposed to "Which bad thing we did was the worst of the many bad things we did and was most responsible for losing?"

Anyone else?
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-06-2004, 09:34 AM   #2
MTK
\m/

It's definitely a nice change.
MTK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 09:49 AM   #3
Redskins_P
Fight for old DC!

I'm loving life right now. If we can go out and beat Philly next week.....I might have to call in next monday just to soak it in.

Not trying to get ahead of myself here, but I think we can beat anyone when we play the way we did yesterday.
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 09:53 AM   #4
MTK
\m/

Not to be a downer but it's worth saying we should keep this win in perspective.

It's tough to tell if that was a turning point or if we just put it together for one afternoon against a team that is freefalling right now.

We have a tough assignment coming up against the best team in the conference. I'm not expecting us to win, but it would be nice to see some of the same sharp execution we had yesterday and at least be competitive.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:56 AM   #5
Redskins_P
Fight for old DC!

I hear ya Matty and totally agree with you.

But damn, you have to admit. The kool-aid hasn't tasted this good in a while. You have to be optimisitic, after the way we played yesterday.
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 10:52 AM   #6
Winskins
Special Teams

Yeah, I honestly can't even remember how long it's been since they executed this well...but I think that a certain coach Gibbs was standing on the sidelines.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:56 AM   #7
SkinsRock
Impact Rookie

You said it!

I would like to thank the Redskins for a wonderful Birthday present in yesterday's win!!! (it is today) Keep it up!
:headbange
SkinsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 11:08 AM   #8
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Happy Birthday Skinsrock!

I agree, today is going great! It might not be the turning point, but seriously, I havent seen the Redskins execute like than in a long, long time. It could be a good game, and we might not keep it up, but at least I have hope for next weekend.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 11:18 AM   #9
Skins fan 44
Impact Rookie

Cant agree more. I will have something positive to share with my mailman this week (who is a Skins fan). No more next year talk-at least for this week. Even though we should have lost the last 2 games and the others I was still reallybummed by not winning.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:37 AM   #10
MTK
\m/

The kool-aid is definitely extra sweet today
Old 12-06-2004, 11:45 AM   #11
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
We have a tough assignment coming up against the best team in the conference. I'm not expecting us to win, but it would be nice to see some of the same sharp execution we had yesterday and at least be competitive.
Good points Matty. I definitely want the Skins to win next Sunday night. But if we do lose I hope it's because the Eagles beat us and not because we lost the game. You know what I mean? I don't want us thinking next Monday morning "what if we didn't have this penalty" "what if we didn't commit this turnover" etc. If we play hard, competitive, mistake-free football that will show that the Giants game wasn't a fluke; even if we lose to what right now is a better team.

Happy Birthday SkinsRock!
Old 12-06-2004, 11:56 AM   #12
illdefined
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Not to be a downer but it's worth saying we should keep this win in perspective.

It's tough to tell if that was a turning point or if we just put it together for one afternoon against a team that is freefalling right now.

no, this win was special. dare i say it, a turning point (though a too late for year 1 R.G. (Return of Gibbs) ) because it proved to the TEAM (nevermind us) what it's supposed to look like. that it's POSSIBLE, and with the current players.

even the team was forgetting that if our offense this season played HALF as well and mistake free as yesterday, this team would be going to the playoffs THIS year. our defense kept EVERY game more than close enough.

it showed: our o-line CAN play without false starts, our passes CAN be on-target and not constantly overthrown, our corners CAN cover by themselves, our Dline is MORE than a fluke, our playcalling HAS dimension and surprises if the basics are covered. everyone already knew Portis was a hell of a runner, at least they SHOULD've known.

yesterday proved what we always knew but was useless saying. that WE beat ourselves this year, no other team did. the players and coaches finally saw the full potential of this team on the field, and we can now focus on the positive we know is there instead of constantly trying to dispel the negative (takes its toll). exactly like our team, the core of our esteem was defended honorably, and now it's time to go on the offensive.
illdefined is offline   Reply With Quote