Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Shanahan said yesterday he now has a chance to "evaluate everything"

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Shanahan said yesterday he now has a chance to "evaluate everything"

So Shanahan has basically packed it in for the season. It's obvious that at 3-6 with this defense, there is no realistic shot at making the playoffs unless somehow they turn around and run the tables, which could happen but probably won't.

so MS is going into "evaluate" mode. What types of changes will we see? We know we are set at QB with RG3, but I wonder if maybe he will give Kirk Cousins some game time to see what he's got in him and if nothing else drive up trade value? Will we see a rotation in the running game? Maybe more backup players playing?

That's the feeling I got from watching the post-game. He would not specifically say that he knew they were out of the playoffs, but instead he changed the question around and gave a "now i get to evaluate everything the rest of the season" type answer to take the heat off what was obvious IMO.

What changes would you like to see? And i'm not saying coaching changes, etc, as that will likely be dealt with over the offseason?

If this thread should be moved, Mods, i sincerely apologize.

Advertisements
Old 11-05-2012, 06:24 PM   #2
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Re: Shanahan said yesterday he now has a chance to "evaluate everything"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
So Shanahan has basically packed it in for the season. It's obvious that at 3-6 with this defense, there is no realistic shot at making the playoffs unless somehow they turn around and run the tables, which could happen but probably won't.

so MS is going into "evaluate" mode. What types of changes will we see? We know we are set at QB with RG3, but I wonder if maybe he will give Kirk Cousins some game time to see what he's got in him and if nothing else drive up trade value? Will we see a rotation in the running game? Maybe more backup players playing?

That's the feeling I got from watching the post-game. He would not specifically say that he knew they were out of the playoffs, but instead he changed the question around and gave a "now i get to evaluate everything the rest of the season" type answer to take the heat off what was obvious IMO.

What changes would you like to see? And i'm not saying coaching changes, etc, as that will likely be dealt with over the offseason?

If this thread should be moved, Mods, i sincerely apologize.
This is being discussed in at least 2 other threads
Old 11-05-2012, 06:25 PM   #3
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: Shanahan said yesterday he now has a chance to "evaluate everything"

I did use the search feature. I'm very sorry. I never spam the board or do anything crazy like that. Someone please move it, my apologies again...