Re: Cincy @ Skins PS WK2

Stands looked empty on tv.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-15-2019, 11:54 PM   #77
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Just got back from a concert...missed the game.

Give me the positive and the negative

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 03:10 AM   #78
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Recorded the replay for tomorrow after work. Doesn't seem like there is much to watch in terms of quality football. Already saw the Haskins/Davis dime. (I'm still going to watch it)
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 05:51 AM   #79
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Just started watching the replay. Great to see Portis on the sideline. Yeah stands like quite empty. Even for preseason.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 05:59 AM   #80
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

These refs are terrible. Tons of penalties to open the game and a really bad call on Norman with the helmet. Ugh beyond frustrating. Sometimes, it feels like these guys can't even play anymore freely.
Old 08-16-2019, 07:02 AM   #81
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Robert Davis is really showing his ass so far and that throw by Haskins was money

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 07:07 AM   #82
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Robert Davis is really showing his ass so far and that throw by Haskins was money
Was kind of funny that even Davis seemed surprised by the throw. Literally hit him in the FACE fifty-five yards downfield. Bananas.
Old 08-16-2019, 07:51 AM   #83
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
He's making the team no doubt. Bye bye Doc
Old 08-16-2019, 08:07 AM   #84
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Just finished the replay. Thoughts:

1) Starting defense looked good. Allen/Payne will be tough in the middle. Payne is quick for a such a large man.
2) Thought both qbs looked pretty good. Keenum looks fine to me. Haskins looked better but still missed a few. Still prefer Keenum to start easily.
3) Penalties and special teams are horrible. The refs blew but still nearly out of control with the penalties. Special teams are some of the worst I've ever seen for a NFL team.
4) Peterson still has it. If Guice is healthy, and we get the left side of the line shored up we will have a potent rushing attack.
5) I think the 1st teams (offense and defense) have a chance to be very good. 2nd teams looked iffy.
6) Attendance was abysmal. Even for a preseason game. If 2019 is a rough year it could be a massive problem. Think it kind of already is.

HTTR!
Old 08-16-2019, 08:11 AM   #85
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Skinsinator View Post

1) Starting defense looked good. Allen/Payne will be tough in the middle. Payne is quick for a such a large man.
2) Thought both qbs looked pretty good. Keenum looks fine to me. Haskins looked better but still missed a few. Still prefer Keenum to start easily.
3) Penalties and special teams are horrible. The refs blew but still nearly out of control with the penalties. Special teams are some of the worst I've ever seen for a NFL team.
4) Peterson still has it. If Guice is healthy, and we get the left side of the line shored up we will have a potent rushing attack.
5) I think the 1st teams (offense and defense) have a chance to be very good. 2nd teams looked iffy.
6) Attendance was abysmal. Even for a preseason game. If 2019 is a rough year it could be a massive problem. Think it kind of already is.

HTTR!

Agree on these, Keenum will start and should, Haskins is going to be really good for a long time.

AD is the man, ageless wonder!

Attendance sucks because FEDEX is a dump, time to build a new stadium
Old 08-16-2019, 08:46 AM   #86
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Still not understanding why McLaurin isn't playing.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Bruised tailbone.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:02 AM   #87
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I just came here to say I thought that offensive pass interference penalty in the second half was one of the worst I've ever seen in almost 2 decades of watching football. In what world does the wide receiver not have the right to make a play on the ball?
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:08 AM   #88
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Skinsinator View Post

HTTR!
I love number 6 because that is how we as fans show we are not putting up with shit. That is the ONLY way to hurt old Danny boy is in his wallet.
Old 08-16-2019, 09:56 AM   #89
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I just came here to say I thought that offensive pass interference penalty in the second half was one of the worst I've ever seen in almost 2 decades of watching football. In what world does the wide receiver not have the right to make a play on the ball?
The rules mess in the NFL is ongoing and probably deserves its own thread. I truly don't even understand the motivation of the Rules Committee for some of the rule changes in recent years.

Instead of clarifying the rules, the committee has split hairs to the point of making it so that NOBODY knows anymore what is a catch or pass interference.

False starts are called in such a nit-picking way that a statue couldn't avoid a false start penalty in the NFL.

Practically every punt or kick return comes with a flag.

Tacklers can't hit above the waist for fear of a targeting penalty for the slightest brush of the opponents helmet and they can't hit below the waist for fear of a penalty for going at the opponent's knees. Where the hell can they hit an opponent?

These rules are for lawyers and not for players or fans.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 10:37 AM   #90
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Notes from last nights game

The Alabama boys in the middle of the Redskins’ defensive line had quite a night. Jonathan Allen and Daron Payne were disruptive in both rushing the passer and stifling the run game of the Bengals. Both showed that they are in regular-season form and ready to create havoc for NFC East offenses this season.

On a night to forget for the Redskins’ offense, Adrian Peterson stuck out most by taking Washington’s first play from scrimmage for a 26-yard gain and a first down, showing a bit of elusiveness and solid burst for a 34-year-old running back.

Geron Christian Jr., Washington’s 2018 third-round pick, turned in a dismal performance both as a run-blocker and in pass protection. He had no answers for the Bengals’ defensive front regardless of assignment.