Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Should we be drafting Tua???

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins take Tua #2 overall?
Yes 7 15.56%
No 38 84.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2020, 06:27 PM   #76
Randall Nestor
Special Teams

Re: Should we be drafting Tua???

If we truly want Chase, then the best thing would be to see if the lions want to trade up a spot to get Tua. Get their #3 and at least a 2nd round pick. That way we could still get Chase. I guess they would have to some how know that they weren't taking Chase. I know some will say that they wouldn't want Tua they have Stafford. Some of the experts are saying that he needs to sit for the first year. That would be perfect for the lions.
Randall Nestor is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-01-2020, 06:57 PM   #77
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Only thing I know fa sho is that draft day can't get here soon enough.

We're either gonna find out if Riverboat Ron is playing the rest of the NFL like a fiddle or if he actually is ready to move on from Haskins.
Old 03-01-2020, 07:41 PM   #78
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Per JP tweet:

Source tells me Ron Rivera wasnt in Redskins team meeting with Tua Tagovailoa last week in Indy. Rivera was in NFL league meetings during the team's sit-down with Tua.

1:09 PM - Mar 1, 2020
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 01:05 PM   #79
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Per JP tweet:

Source tells me Ron Rivera wasnt in Redskins team meeting with Tua Tagovailoa last week in Indy. Rivera was in NFL league meetings during the team's sit-down with Tua.

1:09 PM - Mar 1, 2020
Its not really relevant whether he was there or not. I think it was Keim, or it could have been one of the other beat reporters, who tweeted that Rivera is on a number of committees and crazy busy at the combine. So busy in fact, that he missed his own press conference and had to reschedule. Rivera will be at Tua's pro day and talk with Tua again when he comes to the team for a workout/interview. The interest in Tua is real, even if its not the direction they go.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 01:09 PM   #80
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I don't get all the hype for him.

He is only 6'1 and he is hurt all the time. And he's a damn lefty (sorry mom).

Dwayne Haskins is going to be a much better pro QB.
Old 03-02-2020, 01:12 PM   #81
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I don't get all the hype for him.

He is only 6'1 and he is hurt all the time. And he's a damn lefty (sorry mom).

Dwayne Haskins is going to be a much better pro QB.
From a college standpoint he's much a more better prospect than DH
Old 03-02-2020, 01:34 PM   #82
skinsnut
Playmaker

I haven't heard anyone talk about another option.
Draft Tua, keep both Tua and Haskins on the roster. Let the best man win. Half of QBs drafted are busts. This way, statistically you guarantee a successful young qb. It's cost? 2 first rounds. If Chase young wasn't here, I think this would be considered. I hear about trading Haskins for a 2...why? He's better now with a year under his belt than out of college. You could hold both QBs for a full year and get ur money back. And if one gets hurt (Tua) you have Haskins too. I think 2 potential franchise QBs is better than 2 potential edge guys playing at the same time. 80 percent of the time a franchise qb beats 2 franchise edge guys. To have 2 QBs like this and keep both would be very unconventional but would give us the highest likelihood of success.
Old 03-02-2020, 01:38 PM   #83
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
From a college standpoint he's much a more better prospect than DH
Why? Based on what?

Definitely not better size or arm.
Old 03-02-2020, 01:48 PM   #84
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Why? Based on what?

Definitely not better size or arm.
Accuracy, footwork , anticipation. He's been the real deal since HS, issue is health. I'd keep Haskins
Old 03-02-2020, 01:53 PM   #85
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
I haven't heard anyone talk about another option.
Draft Tua, keep both Tua and Haskins on the roster. Let the best man win. Half of QBs drafted are busts. This way, statistically you guarantee a successful young qb. It's cost? 2 first rounds. If Chase young wasn't here, I think this would be considered. I hear about trading Haskins for a 2...why? He's better now with a year under his belt than out of college. You could hold both QBs for a full year and get ur money back. And if one gets hurt (Tua) you have Haskins too. I think 2 potential franchise QBs is better than 2 potential edge guys playing at the same time. 80 percent of the time a franchise qb beats 2 franchise edge guys. To have 2 QBs like this and keep both would be very unconventional but would give us the highest likelihood of success.
That's simply too much draft capital tied up in the QB spot, you can't take Tua #2 and bring him in to "compete". He's either your guy or it's Haskins.
Old 03-02-2020, 01:56 PM   #86
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
That's simply too much draft capital tied up in the QB spot, you can't take Tua #2 and bring him in to "compete". He's either your guy or it's Haskins.
In todays NFL, This is correct. You can't allow a 1st rd QB to sit and wait anymore, It's unfair to their growth but its the nature of the beast. If RR wants Tua then I'm all in on Tua..
Old 03-02-2020, 01:57 PM   #87
MTK
\m/

That said I think this Tua talk is just posturing and it's exactly what we should be doing right now. I don't think there's any serious intent on drafting him. Too much injury history there, Young is too good to pass by, and we've got Haskins who finished the season strong.
Old 03-02-2020, 02:08 PM   #88
skinsnut
Playmaker

Quote:
In todays NFL, This is correct. You can't allow a 1st rd QB to sit and wait anymore, It's unfair to their growth but its the nature of the beast. If RR wants Tua then I'm all in on Tua..
Hmm, what about too much draft capital on dline, or never use a #1 on a guard? For heaven's sake many wanted Haskins to sit on the bench year 1 anyways. Outside of last year, when was the last time the skins had the opportunity to take the #2 QB in the draft? RGIII? I say this should be an option as moving either of them will be easy. I could care less what is fair to a player. I'm concerned with what is best for the Team. Sonny vs Kilmer got us to our first Superbowl btw. If there are only 6 potential starting NFL QBs over 2 years and you can get 2 of them, why not? Otherwise let's wait another decade if we flipped the coin the wrong way. I say call both heads AND tails. Franchise QBs come only from the draft. We get one chance a decade. We now have 2 back to back. I say get em both. It is far more important to get Qb right than having an additional sack every 4 games. Let's guarantee success damnit!
Old 03-02-2020, 02:38 PM   #89
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Accuracy, footwork , anticipation. He's been the real deal since HS, issue is health. I'd keep Haskins
Haskins completed 70% of his passes on over 500 attempts at OSU. I know a lot were short screen type passes but you still have to be accurate to complete 70% of that many balls. I have better footwork than Haskins, I'll give Tua that. Hard to get a good feel on anticipation with only highlights. But based on Haskins stats at OSU, he would have to at least be solid at, especially with limited experience.

Some guys scouts, draftniks, and talking heads just want to love certain players. Tua is one of those guys imo. Yes he is good, but not better at all if maybe marginally better than Haskins who we already have.

You already said you want to keep Haskins. This is just in general to all the talk and rumors flying around out there.
Old 03-02-2020, 05:48 PM   #90
CrazyCanuck
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
That said I think this Tua talk is just posturing and it's exactly what we should be doing right now. I don't think there's any serious intent on drafting him. Too much injury history there, Young is too good to pass by, and we've got Haskins who finished the season strong.
Shhhhhhhhh don't let the Lions hear that!!

My dream is to pull off the reverse-Trubisky. Trade one slot down, grab some more picks and still walk away with Chase.
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote