Jason Brown 6 3.87%
Some Other Dude 17 10.97%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2009, 05:27 PM   #46
2BIG2BSKINNY
Special Teams

Re: 2009 Free Agents

THESE ARE THE GUYS I PRIZE IN 2009
Darren Sproles, (speed and a change of pace back for Portis to take a breather)
T.J. Houshmandzadeh, (dependable quality possesion reciever)
Jordan Gross, (Good solid tackle and move Jansen inside to gaurd)
Nnamdi Asomugha, Along with Hall we will have an improved situation in the secondary to make moves and get younger)

Albert Haynesworth
(My favorite inside beast, good player on and off the field, I know as I live outside of Nashville and see it every week!) We get this guy and the ends will be pro-bowlers!!!

a pick up or two of these guys and we should be good for 2009!!!
2BIG2BSKINNY is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-04-2009, 06:25 PM   #47
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

two words... SHANE LECHLER
Old 01-04-2009, 06:48 PM   #48
WestCoastSkinsFan
Special Teams

I never would have thought that I'd be so jazzed about a kicker, but GET LECHLER. Dude has a serious leg on him.
WestCoastSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 06:51 PM   #49
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
Good move on their part. If Brady has to have scar tissue removed that was left behind by infection, there's a chance he won't play next year. They get Cassell for one more year and then can decide next year what to do at the QB position.
They could tag and trade Cassell also though. It gives them some leverage. For example, suppose Favre retires and the Jets go after Cassell. Well now he won't come without a steep price to a division rival
Old 01-04-2009, 08:18 PM   #50
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Jordan Gross
Darren Sproles (Trade Rock or Betts,I love the Rock but Sproles can do so much more, Madden called him the best 3rd down back in the league and we had problems on 3rd down)
Shane Lechler (best punter in the league)
Jonathan Vilma
I'm 100% w/ you on Sproles. I'd make him high on the list. I just don't think SD is going to let him get away w/ LD seemingly on the down side on his career.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:23 PM   #51
celts32
Playmaker

Gross & Lechler should be priority. I would use a draft pick on a RB like Sproles...may not be as good but RB's can step right in and play and although Betts is a good backup he does not provide a change of pace from Portis.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub

Last edited by celts32; 01-05-2009 at 09:56 AM.
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:50 PM   #52
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
They could tag and trade Cassell also though. It gives them some leverage. For example, suppose Favre retires and the Jets go after Cassell. Well now he won't come without a steep price to a division rival
Had'nt thought of that. Good point. Either way it's to their advantage. I guess that's why they're always in the thick of things.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:53 PM   #53
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I heard on the radio ( it was either Mort or Clayton) that NE is planning to tag Cassell and pay him 14mil next year in case Brady isn't ready. He said that they're not worried about paying him that much money because they're already way under the cap.... plus it goes up some next year.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:26 PM   #54
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

It's obvious that whoever the GM who said this about Sproles doesn't know jack. You can't measure physical stature for heart. Maybe the GM was Vinny? By the way Sproles reminds me of young Brian Mitchell.

Adam Schefter
Chargers face pricey decision with RB Sproles

After making one key running back decision last offseason, the Chargers now will be forced to make another.

Last year, rather than look to do the unthinkable and consider trading franchise running back LaDainian Tomlinson, San Diego let his backup Michael Turner leave for the Atlanta Falcons.

Now, after a season in which Tomlinson fought injuries and reduced production, Chargers mighty-mite running back Darren Sproles is poised to become a free agent. One NFL executive e-mailed Sunday morning: “Be careful spending money on the guy. He is small, 200 pounds, and if he gets the money, can he hold up and deliver for 16-plus games?”

Still, every time Sproles has been questioned at any level, he has produced. The Chargers were questioned for allowing Turner to leave. They will be questioned again if they allow Sproles to leave.

San Diego cannot afford to let Sproles go, but it will be awfully pricey to get him to stay.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:33 PM   #55
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
It's obvious that whoever the GM who said this about Sproles doesn't know jack. You can't measure physical stature for heart. Maybe the GM was Vinny? By the way Sproles reminds me of young Brian Mitchell.

Adam Schefter
Chargers face pricey decision with RB Sproles

After making one key running back decision last offseason, the Chargers now will be forced to make another.

Last year, rather than look to do the unthinkable and consider trading franchise running back LaDainian Tomlinson, San Diego let his backup Michael Turner leave for the Atlanta Falcons.

Now, after a season in which Tomlinson fought injuries and reduced production, Chargers mighty-mite running back Darren Sproles is poised to become a free agent. One NFL executive e-mailed Sunday morning: “Be careful spending money on the guy. He is small, 200 pounds, and if he gets the money, can he hold up and deliver for 16-plus games?”

Still, every time Sproles has been questioned at any level, he has produced. The Chargers were questioned for allowing Turner to leave. They will be questioned again if they allow Sproles to leave.

San Diego cannot afford to let Sproles go, but it will be awfully pricey to get him to stay.
I just don't know how they would let him go. With all the talk about this being a 2back league and how you need one RB to spell/compliment the other, don't they have the ideal situation at that position? If he didn't prove how important he is to the Chargers last night, he never will. They would not still be in the playoffs without him.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:59 PM   #56
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

if we could somehow someway get thru free agency with Gross,Lechler,and ONE Defensive impact player... and have a sufficient draft...wed be in buisness.

Last edited by Skins4L; 01-07-2009 at 04:18 AM.
Skins4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:08 AM   #57
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Why would we need Sproles again?

Betts was just signed last year.

I know that Sproles fits the flavor of the offseason taste that the front office loves so much but does he really fit into our long term plans? And if he does then why was Betts signed within the year?

...It's a certainty that Sproles has no place on the Skins next year and shouldn't even be a FA target.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:56 AM   #58
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
Why would we need Sproles again?

Betts was just signed last year.

I know that Sproles fits the flavor of the offseason taste that the front office loves so much but does he really fit into our long term plans? And if he does then why was Betts signed within the year?

...It's a certainty that Sproles has no place on the Skins next year and shouldn't even be a FA target.
Because Betts isn't an explosive playmaker, doesn't represent a 'change of pace' and is very much a lesser version of Portis. Betts was re-signed 2 years ago when Portis was coming off his season of injuries and Betts had a decent stretch of games. Betts is effective if he's a 15+ carry per game type of guy but he's doesn't have the potential to change the game every time he touches the ball like Sproles.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:00 AM   #59
Bubba305-ST21-
Impact Rookie

what date does free agency actually begin this year?
never another.....R.I.P. Sean T #21
Bubba305-ST21- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:25 PM   #60
vallin21
The Starter

Feb 27
vallin21 is offline   Reply With Quote