Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-11-2014, 10:16 AM   #946
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: Current 2014 Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Ravens news:

Arthur Jones expected to sign with Colts...they're having a good offseason so far.

Eugene Monroe and Ravens close to an agreement to re-sign him.

Skins and Giants are likely spots for Corey Graham.

Giants are also checking out Ed Dickson.
Whadda y'all think about the Ravens drafting well and then not re-signing their own free agents? Did that ridiculous contract for their QB screw up their plans?
KI Skins Fan is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-11-2014, 10:20 AM   #947
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Whadda y'all think about the Ravens drafting well and then not re-signing their own free agents? Did that ridiculous contract for their QB screw up their plans?
I've been telling Ravens fans it would bite them, just like it did with the Giants.

Flacco AND Eli are both making top money simply because they were in the right place at the right time. They're good but not deserving of salaries that the top QBs in the game get.

I have not noticed many mentions of CB Vontae Davis. He's expected to re-sign with Indy but there's rumored to be a mystery team pursuing him. Some say it's the Jets but I wonder if we've kicked the tires.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:24 AM   #948
That Guy
Living Legend

the lions, bears and ravens all overpaid their QBs, so yeah, i'd say it's hurt them all a bit.
That Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:26 AM   #949
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
How is quitting on your team, holding out of camp after making it to the AFC Championship and putting your team in a tough spot going into a season where they're trying to make a Super Bowl...then getting a massive contract and threatening to hold out for ANOTHER contract just 2 years later acceptable to you?

It would be like having Champ Bailey back but on the wrong end of the player's career....talented but gets tired of being here quickly.

He has the talent to be the best, but he doesn't always use it. There's a reason the "best" corner in the game can't stick with a team.

The Bucs have a lot of cap space. They can afford to keep him, they simply do not want him on their team any more.

I predict he'll end up in Oakland. They have the money to spend and the track record of taking on these players.
The Bucs dont want him since he is a man to man corner and they dont play man to man, they are a zone team. Lovie Smith doesnt need a shut down corner for the defense that he runs, he runs a cover 2 most of the time. No reason to pay for Revis when you plan on making him play to his weaknesses and not his strengths (zone instead of man to man). Thats just good business sense on Lovie's part, not anything to do with Revis being terrible.

Players can get cut even when producing. The owners are in this to make money, why shouldnt the players be as well. Of course he wanted more money, he was the main reason their defense was a top defense. Why did the Jets make it to the AFC championship game? Primarily because of Revis shutting down the number 1 receiver every game. It certainly wasnt because of Sanchez. When did Revis quit on the Jets? He outplayed everyone else when he was on the field.

Revis also didnt hold out after those two years. He said he was thinking about it, but showed up and played under his existing contract. Then tore his ACL early that year. His missed time was due to an injury.

He then signed with Tampa with zero guaranteed money. Zero... Saying he would rather earn each years salary instead of having it guaranteed.

The NFL doesnt have guaranteed contracts, of course the players want to get paid in their prime. Is that some kind of a surprise to anyone? Loyalty is a two way street. The owners show no loyalty to players, why is it expected back?
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:28 AM   #950
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
the lions, bears and ravens all overpaid their QBs, so yeah, i'd say it's hurt them all a bit.

Don't forget Dallas.

They literally have no money to spend today, unless they let Ware go somewhere else.

Romo is living large though.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:44 AM   #951
That Guy
Living Legend

i think romo is better than the other 3 though. he chokes an awful lot, but he's pretty good overall.
That Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:48 AM   #952
talisin
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Don't forget Dallas.

They literally have no money to spend today, unless they let Ware go somewhere else.

Romo is living large though.
Romos deal was ridiculous. His deal runs through 2019 when he will be 39 years old. He isnt Manning/Brady, just crazy contract.
talisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:44 AM   #953
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Rogers ain't coming back here. After he shat on the Skins after leaving? Please.

also he was the 72nd ranked CB last year
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:47 AM   #954
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Bengals re-signed Brandon Tate, probably so I'm guessing they won't re-sign Hawkins too.

Anthony Collins expected to sign with Tampa Bay if he doesn't stay with Cincy.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:03 PM   #955
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Skins trying to sign C. Graham to 3yr contract per Hogshaven.com
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:20 PM   #956
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Bengals re-signed Brandon Tate, probably so I'm guessing they won't re-sign Hawkins too.

Anthony Collins expected to sign with Tampa Bay if he doesn't stay with Cincy.
Bengals matched the Browns offer for Hawkins per NFLN.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:29 PM   #957
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Redskins sign big name free agents, OH MY GOD SNYDER IS OUT OF CONTROL!

Redskin sign role players to modest contracts, OH MY GOD REDSKINS FAIL IN FREE AGENCY!

I'm all for not looking at the team with rose colored glasses but my God there has to be some sense of moderation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
i think romo is better than the other 3 though. he chokes an awful lot, but he's pretty good overall.
I never understood the rush to get rid of Romo in Dallas. Redskin fans can certainly vouch for the difficulty in finding stability at the QB position. Never mind finding a QB that qualifies for multiple pro bowls as well as multiple seasons with 30+ TD passes.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:33 PM   #958
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post

Redskin sign role players to modest contracts, OH MY GOD REDSKINS FAIL IN FREE AGENCY!

I'm all for not looking at the team with rose colored glasses but my God there has to be some sense of moderation.
#preach
Old 03-12-2014, 05:53 PM   #959
Mechanix544
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post

I never understood the rush to get rid of Romo in Dallas. Redskin fans can certainly vouch for the difficulty in finding stability at the QB position. Never mind finding a QB that qualifies for multiple pro bowls as well as multiple seasons with 30+ TD passes.
I get you all, and signing role players is exactly what we need to do. Its just they AREN'T signing those role players to the most defective unit on the squad by far, and some of these young up and comers were available on the cheap it looks like. We all like that Allen is frugal, but has he taken it to the next level? Are we gonna roll out with the same secondary next year? The question mark that is the secondary DOES need to be addressed, and I wish they would.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:57 PM   #960
tc2deuce
Special Teams

alright...now I am getting hot!!!! Bruce Allen you are tarnishing your family name!!!! WE HAVE Huuuge holes!!
tc2deuce is offline   Reply With Quote