WFT's Off-Season Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-21-2021, 06:06 PM   #151
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: WFT's Off-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
Yeah Tomlin won't put up with his immature BS either...he better get it together to stay with them...he's fortunate.
That's what I'm saying. I think out of all the candidates to rehab him Tomlin is probably one of the better choices. If he fails Tomlin badly he might not get another look. But if he keeps his head down and just puts in work no telling how good he could be. Obviously that's an attractive destination too, even though we haven't heard anything yet I think Tomlin is gonna force Ben to retire or leave even if he doesn't want to.

Advertisements
Old 01-21-2021, 07:24 PM   #152
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
no, #12
His social page with his photoshopped beautifulness (complete with accompanying bible reference) has him in #3. 🙄
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 09:11 AM   #153
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Gets fired from his job for partying with nasty strippers in a pandemic...posts Bible verses.

I am not the Judge and if he actually did turn his life around and found God that quickly, that's awesome, but it's just an odd post considering circumstances. He has a track record of immaturity.

Anyways, good luck, kid...hope you turn everything around on and of the field.

I don't think he can beat out Josh Dobbs or even Duck Hodges for third-string QB if he comes back to town.
Old 01-22-2021, 11:09 AM   #154
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Funny how there's a ton of speculation about Brees retiring but almost nada on Big Ben walking off into the sunset. I'd say aside from struggling with half his body being broken, Brees had a better year than Roethlisberger...
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 12:21 PM   #155
GridIron26
Playmaker

If I'm Rivera, this would be my off season plans:

#1 step: resign our players with expiring contract - Heinicke, Allen, Scherff, Cam Sims (1-2 years) and Darby (2-3 years), Ryan Kerrigan (if he accepts being #3 - behind Young and Sweat), Dustin Hopkins, Reuben Foster, David Sharpe, Nick Sundberg.

- Heinicke and Allen: the goal is have them battle for the backup spot in the training camp
- Cam Sims: he improved toward ending of the season although I still want to see more from him, especially if he wants to be #3 WR.
- Darby: he played better and stayed healthy throughout the season, which exceeded my expectations although I think we could find a better CB but since we have multiple needs all over the team. We could do worse than Darby so I think 2-3 years contract is a good way to compromise on this area.
- Kerrigan: it's likely he will sign with a different team but I definitely would be happy to resign him if he isn't able to find a team that will allow him to start.
- Hopkins: he had a down year but even with the down year, he is still better than half of the kickers in the league. Resign him and find competitors for him.
- Foster: at this point, we do not know if Foster will be able to play well since he didn't play the last 2-3 years but we need LBs badly so we need to uncover any hidden gems available out there. Sign him to a 1-2 years contract.
- Sharpe: we need depth on Oline and we should look to the draft and FA to find competitors for Sharpe for the backup T spot.
- Sundberg: he always has been a reliable snapper for years for the team, do I need to say anything else?

#2 step: extend those players' contract that will expire next year - Jonathan Allen, Logan Thomas, JD McKissic and Tim Settle.
- Allen: no need for the explanation
- Thomas: he far exceeded my expectations. As some of you guys might remember, I mentioned in the offseason last year that I had a feeling Thomas will make some contributions to the team but I did not expect him to become one of the key offense players for the team. We might as well extend his contract instead of waiting until the contract expires as it will be more expensive to resign him if we wait.
- McKissic: I had no expectations from him, I thought he would be a poor version of Chris Thompson only to realize he is on the same level as Thompson, only he is a little better at running the ball.
- Settle: just like Allen, no need to explain.

#3 step: look for #1 QB, whether it's Watson or Stafford. If we missed out on both of those players, I would be tempted to roll with Heinicke or Allen as a starter. I don't see any QB in the free agency that I would love to sign if we weren't able to get Watson or Stafford. I would consider Ryan Fitzpatrick only if my offense coordinator wants him.

#4 step: try to sign those FA players:
- Wide Receivers: Chris Godwin or Allen Robinson. If we couldn't sign one of those 2 players, then I would consider Kenny Golladay or Curtis Samuel. The former players would be my #1 target.
- Tight Ends: Jonnu Smith. We need a second TE, while Smith is not the best blocker TE he has improved throughout time and Smith is pretty amazing at YAC which is perfect for our offense system.
- Oline: I don't see anyone that jumps out at me but I definitely want to have several Oline players to compete for #1 LT and LG. I will look to the draft for this area as well.
- LB: Just like my approach for Oline, I will want to sign a few LBs to compete for #1 spot. I would love to sign Lavonte David but I'm having hard time seeing him willing to leave a SB contender team.
- FS: we need a safety that can cover the field in the worst way, I would target Justin Simmons or Anthony Harris to play with Curl.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 05:36 PM   #156
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

https://www.hogshaven.com/2021/1/23/...V5GtRdA3HWre6E

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 06:24 PM   #157
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
This makes a lot of sense to me. Also another reason why I wouldn't give up more than a first and a third for Stafford. If they mortgage the future because we have a "window" to contend and Stafford ends up injured we're basically setting ourselves back for multiple years.
Old 01-28-2021, 06:16 PM   #158
Ruhskins
Living Legend

One of the best news of the offseason. Coach Rivera is officially cancer-free:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...ch-cancer-free
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 06:29 PM   #159
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post

Glad to hear it. Hopefully that's the last we hear of it, but I feel like recurring cancer is always a concern when you've had it at least once.
Old 01-29-2021, 12:01 AM   #160
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:

sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 02:59 AM   #161
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:

That's beyond awesome ! Such an inspirational story.
Old 01-29-2021, 03:02 AM   #162
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
That's beyond awesome ! Such an inspirational story.
Ron Rivera is just what this franchise needed. Literally the perfect man for the job we needed done.

He defeated cancer. Awesome under any circumstance. But he coached our team to the playoffs like as a side job. Yeah, our division was down, but fuck that, we made the damn playoffs and had a chance to defeat the GOAT.

Rivera is a stud for a lot of reasons. Beat cancer 99.99% important, and changed our teams culture, the other 00.01%.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 03:07 AM   #163
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Ron Rivera is just what this franchise needed. Literally the perfect man for the job we needed done.

He defeated cancer. Awesome under any circumstance. But he coached our team to the playoffs like as a side job. Yeah, our division was down, but fuck that, we made the damn playoffs and had a chance to defeat the GOAT.

Rivera is a stud for a lot of reasons. Beat cancer 99.99% important, and changed our teams culture, the other 00.01%.
Yop, and the combination of both + coaching while under treatment makes it even greater.

Some decision making have been, and I guess will be, questionable, but I'll take the culture change and leadership over perfect game clock management.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 01-29-2021, 01:11 PM   #164
TheGuyFromOverThere
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Gets fired from his job for partying with nasty strippers in a pandemic...posts Bible verses.

I am not the Judge and if he actually did turn his life around and found God that quickly, that's awesome, but it's just an odd post considering circumstances. He has a track record of immaturity.

Anyways, good luck, kid...hope you turn everything around on and of the field.

I don't think he can beat out Josh Dobbs or even Duck Hodges for third-string QB if he comes back to town.
Why exactly is it awesome for a grown man to have ab imaginary friend?
TheGuyFromOverThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 10:40 AM   #165
GridIron26
Playmaker

Per JLC's twitter, Ravens' Orlando Brown wants to play left tackle and might put in a request to be traded. We should look into this if Brown is available for trade.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote