Redskins 2014 Salary Cap Status

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-05-2014, 12:35 PM   #46
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Re: Redskins 2014 Salary Cap Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Not if he's healthy and will take less money. He played well before he got hurt. If his body holds up, he can be part of a nice rotation.

We would still need to add a solid FA DT whether or not we cut Carriker and then re-sign him for less money.
Carriker's leg has got to be jello. He had 3 surgeries in a year on one injury. He's almost 30. If he could come back and be even half the player he was before he got injured that'd be incredibly impressive. But I'm sure we could get younger, cheaper and probably less injured talent.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-05-2014, 01:00 PM   #47
MTK
\m/

He's probably a long shot but I'd like to see Carriker make it back. Just from following him on Twitter you can see he's working his tail off trying to get back.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:24 PM   #48
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

I don't want AC back at a 6mil price tag. HELLLLLL NO. About 1/3 of that.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:42 PM   #49
Schneed10
A Dude

The team has leverage with Carriker. There's no way he'd get his existing salary on the open market, the team definitely can feel safe in asking him to reduce his pay.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:46 PM   #50
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

On Riley, the Redskins probably will offer him a " we like you a lot deal" but no where near what his starting point is. Then as Matty's article said, if you want to test it, let us know, and we will see what we can do.

Certainly you don't break the bank on him, but you don't lowball a guy who has been a solid starter with good upside, when he's in a position that we need players.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 04:14 PM   #51
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
The team has leverage with Carriker. There's no way he'd get his existing salary on the open market, the team definitely can feel safe in asking him to reduce his pay.
No doubt. I'm sure he's well aware of that too.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:24 PM   #52
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
On Riley, the Redskins probably will offer him a " we like you a lot deal" but no where near what his starting point is. Then as Matty's article said, if you want to test it, let us know, and we will see what we can do.

Certainly you don't break the bank on him, but you don't lowball a guy who has been a solid starter with good upside, when he's in a position that we need players.
Yup.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:57 PM   #53
MTK
\m/

Washington Redskins can free up more space - ESPN
Old 02-09-2014, 02:19 PM   #54
SkinsFanOttawa
Camp Scrub

I just read a few articles and it's sounding more and more like the cap will be set at $130M this season. I'm not sure when that's going to be made official but that's good news if it's true.

Do you guys know what Tyler Polumbus' contract is? I see 2 different numbers on spotrac and overthecap.com. I am hoping that spotrac is right and he's only scheduled to make $1.5M (after the escalator) and not $2.5M which overthecap states. They have an extra $1M for some "other bonus" but I thought the escalator was already worked into his base salary.

Tyler Polumbus Contracts, Salaries, Cap Hits, & Transactions

» Over the Cap- Tyler Polumbus Salary Cap and Contract Page
Old 02-09-2014, 02:40 PM   #55
SkinsFanOttawa
Camp Scrub

Ok I guess I should have read MattyK's link before asking about Polumbus because John Keim pretty much explained it.

RT Tyler Polumbus (potential savings: $2.5 million: His base salary is $1.5 million and he also has an annuity that will pay him $1 million based on play time and would be considered likely to be earned, therefore it would count against the cap). If the Redskins find another starting right tackle, be it Tom Compton or someone else, they could free up extra money by releasing Polumbus, unless they want to keep him around as a swing tackle. Polumbus improved, but the Redskins could upgrade here.

There is no way Polumbus is worth a possible $2.5M they should release him and pick up a half decent RT. I think they should release every guy that Keim mentioned in that article to free up some additional space, especially Chester and Rocca.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:21 AM   #56
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
He's probably a long shot but I'd like to see Carriker make it back. Just from following him on Twitter you can see he's working his tail off trying to get back.
I agree that it would be great to have him on the field. He made a huge impact when on the field...but how many chances can we give someone who can't stay healthy?

Of course, we let a similar situation walk with LaRon Landry and it's biting us in the backside now.

Tough decision, but one thing for sure is we can't keep paying him as much as we have already. If he gets a 1-year, cheap deal to prove himself, sure...worth it if he can contribute.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:43 PM   #57
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
I agree that it would be great to have him on the field. He made a huge impact when on the field...but how many chances can we give someone who can't stay healthy?

Of course, we let a similar situation walk with LaRon Landry and it's biting us in the backside now.

Tough decision, but one thing for sure is we can't keep paying him as much as we have already. If he gets a 1-year, cheap deal to prove himself, sure...worth it if he can contribute.
I know we've been having issues at safety, but Landry wasn't tearing it up when he left. Unfortunately we replaced him with another safety who takes horrible angles when trying to tackle (BM).
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #58
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I know we've been having issues at safety, but Landry wasn't tearing it up when he left. Unfortunately we replaced him with another safety who takes horrible angles when trying to tackle (BM).
Landry made some big plays when we needed them, he won several games for us single-handedly. (Eagles goal-line stop, diving INT vs. Packers)

We knew what we were buying with him...a seek-and-destroy rocket. Sometimes they miss.

If he would have been a 16-gamer with us and still going to Pro Bowls with US instead of other teams, we'd be in a lot better shape right now. Meriweather plays the same style but he's a big downgrade from Landry.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:42 PM   #59
SCRedskinsFan
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Landry made some big plays when we needed them, he won several games for us single-handedly. (Eagles goal-line stop, diving INT vs. Packers)

We knew what we were buying with him...a seek-and-destroy rocket. Sometimes they miss.

If he would have been a 16-gamer with us and still going to Pro Bowls with US instead of other teams, we'd be in a lot better shape right now. Meriweather plays the same style but he's a big downgrade from Landry.
When he was on the field, that is... I seem to remember that he was injured a lot and that there was a concern that his reckless style of play would continue to hurt him.
SCRedskinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:51 PM   #60
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Just found a nice resource on FAs and cap numbers.

NFL Player Contracts, Salaries, and Transactions