Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Training Camp 2018

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Who is your eye on in Training Camp (can select multiple)
Alex Smith 15 39.47%
Darrius Guice 23 60.53%
Jordan Reed 10 26.32%
Da'Ron Payne 10 26.32%
Other 5 13.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2018, 11:14 AM   #1
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Training Camp 2018

So ready for the football season to start! The next step is the start of training camp. Are people going this year? post pictures here!

Has anyone heard who might start out on the PUP list. Gotta expect Jordan Reed, maybe even Trent will just as precautions.

Love to hear about Guice, and Payne's performances. They will both be important to the success of this season.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-23-2018, 11:59 AM   #2
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Training Camp 2018

Never heard of Darrius Guice. Heard of Derrius Guice tho.

Old 07-23-2018, 12:51 PM   #3
Schneed10
A Dude

Based on Trent's performance in those agility drills posted to Twitter last week that he was running with Adrian Peterson, I think he'll be full go for camp.

I didn't mark Reed as someone I'm interested in watching during camp. I know what he can do, I'm just interested in seeing if he'll be healthy for Week 1. I assume he will but that might be dumb. So instead of watching him in camp I'll watch to see if he suits up for any preseason, or if he starts on PUP, or what Gruden has to say post-camp about his health status.

Dude is made of glass, drives me crazy. But he's so important.

I'm interested in watching just about everything else in camp. Put the impact of Paul Richardson's speed at the top of the list. Hoping to hear about plenty of deep bombs in the arsenal.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:19 PM   #4
Meks
Pro Bowl

i will be watching for the offense coming together. Will Richardson really provide the take the top off the defense and deep threat we signed him to be. Will Guice continue to impress. Can we stay healthy. Etc Etc.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:30 PM   #5
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I'm hoping Guice has a strong camp and makes an impression early. Still think it will take some time to settle Smith into the offense, if Guice can seize the lead back role it will take some pressure off him and hopefully open things up for the passing game (and Richardson/Doctson/Crowder by extension).
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 02:01 PM   #6
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

They need to wrap 86 in bubble wrap until Sept.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:31 PM   #7
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
They need to wrap 86 in bubble wrap until Sept.
It's time to move on from the guy if he gets hurt again. The first day of camp he should be a full go. There is no reason for him to have any injuries right now. And not letting him have any contact isn't doing him any good. He needs to get his body ready for a full season. He needs to be doing some hitting day one.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 02:34 PM   #8
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'm hoping Guice has a strong camp and makes an impression early. Still think it will take some time to settle Smith into the offense, if Guice can seize the lead back role it will take some pressure off him and hopefully open things up for the passing game (and Richardson/Doctson/Crowder by extension).
I know everyone is high on Guice. But I'd slow down on that. We still have huge holes in the interior of the line. Plus our two best TE's can not block a kicker. I've never seen two TE's in Reed and Davis that just don't have the ability to move anyone off the ball. If we have 2 TE sets with those two it basically has to be a pass play 99.9% of the time.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 02:39 PM   #9
Irrefutable
The Starter

Let's see if Doctson is ready to step up. And obviously, can Reed stay healthy?

As well as;

CBs
LG
RB
DL
S

Just about every position has big questions.
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 03:01 PM   #10
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
Let's see if Doctson is ready to step up. And obviously, can Reed stay healthy?

As well as;

CBs
LG
RB
DL
S

Just about every position has big questions.
I don't feel that way at all. I'm sure it's kool aid based, but I think the first team players across the board are in the solid to very good range. I don't think there is one position group that I feel is questionable about being able to go out and play at a winning level against any competition.
Old 07-23-2018, 03:32 PM   #11
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
It's time to move on from the guy if he gets hurt again. The first day of camp he should be a full go. There is no reason for him to have any injuries right now. And not letting him have any contact isn't doing him any good. He needs to get his body ready for a full season. He needs to be doing some hitting day one.
I thought it was time last yr, still do. Yeah dude has impressive stats (when he actually plays) but that is rare. I think this will be his last chance in DC to prove he can stay on the field.
Old 07-23-2018, 03:38 PM   #12
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
if I can remember from looking at his contract details, it becomes very easy to move on after this season. I love the guy when healthy...if Alex Smith is successful in the passing game...we need the RBs to first step up and then the TE to work the underneath stuff. A Smith is a big TE guy.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 03:49 PM   #13
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
if I can remember from looking at his contract details, it becomes very easy to move on after this season. I love the guy when healthy...if Alex Smith is successful in the passing game...we need the RBs to first step up and then the TE to work the underneath stuff. A Smith is a big TE guy.
Smith has gotten better down field (big time) but he needs that middle of the field to open that up. VD could have a big yr as well
Old 07-23-2018, 04:41 PM   #14
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I don't feel that way at all. I'm sure it's kool aid based, but I think the first team players across the board are in the solid to very good range. I don't think there is one position group that I feel is questionable about being able to go out and play at a winning level against any competition.
The Redskins were #21 on defense and #16 on offense until they get into the top 10 there will be questions.

WR is big ?
TE is a big? Can Reed play 10+ games?
OL LG and inside depth?
DL on paper looks good, they must prove themselves
CB/ Slot ?
S coverage/depth?
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 04:51 PM   #15
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
The Redskins were #21 on defense and #16 on offense until they get into the top 10 there will be questions.

WR is big ?
TE is a big? Can Reed play 10+ games?
OL LG and inside depth?
DL on paper looks good, they must prove themselves
CB/ Slot ?
S coverage/depth?
The numbers were skewed big time due to injury/KC (mainly was he playing for stats vs wins?)

Like I said, I think our first team positional units are pretty strong
WR - Crowder Doctson, Richardson is a solid group that I think KC will make better. They may not be elite, but defenses won't sleep on them.

TE - VD and Sprinkle are good reliable TEs Reed being healthy would vault the unit to elite.

OL - 2 probowl players 2 standout players and a serviceable player, again not elite, but not riddled with question marks

DL - before injuries, Ionnaidis and Allen were beasts against the run and pass. We added Payne, and good depth with the VT guy.

CB - I'll take our starting 3 against most of the league

Safeties - Same.

Our keys are health, and good bounces. We have as solid a team as the Skins have had under Snyder, and it's young. I am really excited for the next 3-4 years.