Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Just how bad was the Falcons trade?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-27-2011, 05:46 AM   #16
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Re: Just how bad was the Falcons trade?

The Falcons have an extreme age issue throughout their entire roster that I'm not sure they can solve with free agency. They have Matt Ryan and Roddy White in the primes of their career, along with most of their OL. But 3 of the 5 OL members are going to be free agents, and costly to keep. And throughout the Falcon roster is a lot of age decline waiting to happen. Julio Jones will have a lot on his plate as a rookie.

Advertisements
Old 06-27-2011, 10:26 AM   #17
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Good thread. If Jones turns out to be a Randy Moss, TO type of player then it was probably worth it. But the percentages of that happening don't weight in their favor. Plus wr seems to be the most risky position and the toughest to judge. They could've just drafted a guy like Hankerson and kept the picks. Overall probably a terrible trade that could hurt the Falcons future.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:35 AM   #18
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Good thread. If Jones turns out to be a Randy Moss, TO type of player then it was probably worth it. But the percentages of that happening don't weight in their favor. Plus wr seems to be the most risky position and the toughest to judge. They could've just drafted a guy like Hankerson and kept the picks. Overall probably a terrible trade that could hurt the Falcons future.
yeah, that about sums it up. Its always a gamble, but they're gambling w/a position that has been really tough for GMs & scouts to project success at. Jones had a lot of drops & I would expect him to continue to struggle w/that as a rookie. Otherwise he's a great prospect.

Ultimately gambles w/trades & picks comes down to how much the team can afford to do it. If it was the skins making that trade most of us would be up in arms as we too many needs & don't have the resources to justify it. Atlanta has a solid roster to build on but it's still a risky move, that kind of trade can get someone fired.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:46 AM   #19
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Risky move, but they are a contender and they may be able to afford such move. There will be a lot of pressure on Jones, because he is going to a good team loaded with talent. I'm curious to hear about a trade like this ever working out. Besides the Herschel Walker trade, I can think of the Roy Williams trade to Dallas, as another example where a team gave up a lot for a player they thought would be their last key to a SB puzzle.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote