Camp Scrub

What Michael Vick won't be

The Trigga is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-18-2009, 09:24 PM   #2
jacobyfan
Special Teams

Re: What Michael Vick won't be

Cunningham could actually somewhat run an offense and throw the ball, of course Vick won't be that.
jacobyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:10 AM   #3
SBXVII
Franchise Player

The dog whisperer?
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:25 AM   #4
Luxorreb
^21^

You all know what Vick can do. He can win games. Reguardless of what you think of the guy he'll be on the Eagles team wk7 vs Redskins. That game could be decided on the addition of said player Vick. As I look back over the past few years, I've seen the Redskins lose to Quincy Carter, Shaun King, Brad Johnson and Byron Leftwich. I've also seen Todd Yoder (as a Buc) score multiple times on the same play vs the Redskins. If you think Vick will not be a facet of the Eagles offense against the Redskins in wk7 you are crazy. NFC East just got a lot tougher. Talk to me during wild card week... Remember 2 years ago when ya'll dissed me for Favre talk? And his still playing? Yep. I'm hoping Skins will make .500 and I'm a diehard...
Old 08-19-2009, 07:52 AM   #5
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Every player is unique with special qualities, as a coach you utilize those qualities to win games. That's my beef with Zorn last year. He had a system in his head and tried to transpose that on the Redskins personnel. As if every team in the NFL is not familliar with the basic West Coast Offense. When Vick played QB for Atlanta they always had the top rated rushing attack. You take what you got and build on it. If I have the top rushing attack then I work with that, If I have the top passing attack then I work with that. With Andy Reid as his coach you don't know what he might become. Rich Kotite made Randall stay in the pocket. He was not sucessful and Randall got hurt.
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:44 AM   #6
SouperMeister
Playmaker

The Eagles will have scary speed on offense when Reid puts Vick on the field as a wildcat QB with Jackson and Maclin as WRs.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:18 AM   #7
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Thank you Captain Obvious. Cunningham made great decisions, had a good strong and ACCURATE arm and was a leader. He's my favorite Eagle of all time if I had to pick an enemy to root for. I always liked watching him play.

Heck, he could even punt the ball 90 yards.

The only thing he and Vick have in common is that they can both run. Speed does not make a good QB, only a good athlete. The two are separate.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:24 AM   #8
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxorreb View Post
You all know what Vick can do. He can win games. Reguardless of what you think of the guy he'll be on the Eagles team wk7 vs Redskins. That game could be decided on the addition of said player Vick. As I look back over the past few years, I've seen the Redskins lose to Quincy Carter, Shaun King, Brad Johnson and Byron Leftwich. I've also seen Todd Yoder (as a Buc) score multiple times on the same play vs the Redskins. If you think Vick will not be a facet of the Eagles offense against the Redskins in wk7 you are crazy. NFC East just got a lot tougher. Talk to me during wild card week... Remember 2 years ago when ya'll dissed me for Favre talk? And his still playing? Yep. I'm hoping Skins will make .500 and I'm a diehard...
Yes, Atlanta became a Super Bowl winning Dynasty under Vick.

Chris Chandler took the team further than Vick ever did. Vick's Falcons team also had a great running game (other than him) and a solid defense. He's not solely responsible for their wins. In fact, I bet his 53% completion percentage 75 QB rating and double digit interceptions annually hurt the team more than helped them.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:38 AM   #9
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Okay Okay all teams should have the same kinda QB.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:46 AM   #10
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
The dog whisperer?
Old 08-19-2009, 11:28 AM   #11
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Yes, Atlanta became a Super Bowl winning Dynasty under Vick.

Chris Chandler took the team further than Vick ever did. Vick's Falcons team also had a great running game (other than him) and a solid defense. He's not solely responsible for their wins. In fact, I bet his 53% completion percentage 75 QB rating and double digit interceptions annually hurt the team more than helped them.
Cunninghams stats where that much better and what SB did he win and if I'm correct he even had Moss to throw to for a couple of years.
Completed 2,429 of 4,289 passes (56.6%) for 29,979 yards and 207 touchdowns (81.5 Rating). Also had 775 rushing attempts for 4,928 yards (6.4 yard average) and 35 touchdowns.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:02 PM   #12
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

My point is all players have different attributes. It's funny how Colt's mobility is wonderful but Vick's means he shuold be a runningback. Colt's passes are not crisp. They wobble, does that make him a QB who can't throw. No it makes him Colt. There are strengths and weaknesses to every player. Look at Farve for instance, gun- slinger/interception machine. In my opinion a bad QB throws the ball into coverage when pressured. Look a Jake Delhomme for instance. Vick played on a running team, who invested little in pass protection or WRs until close to his departure. Under Andy Reid Vick will be a different QB because the game plan will be to use what he does best. He throws too hard for some wideouts.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:07 PM   #13
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Here's my thing: Was Vick running professional training regimens in prison? If not, you can assuredly bet that while he's still going to be quick, he won't be that "OMG!!11! WTF HAPPENED?!?!1!1" QB that we all remember...
Old 08-20-2009, 01:49 AM   #14
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
The Eagles will have scary speed on offense when Reid puts Vick on the field as a wildcat QB with Jackson and Maclin as WRs.
Exactly. This thread is dumb to begin with, because Randall Cunningham was a starter, which Vick isn't right now.

But Philly's offense will be something else to deal with (if that offensive line gets healthy). The potential for McNabb, Westbrook, Vick, Maclin, and Deshean Jackson on the field at the same time is pretty scary.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:26 AM   #15
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Only time will tell if Vick has lost his game breaking ability. Time will tell us that.