Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Gruden 2012 QB Camp Schedule

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-03-2012, 11:56 AM   #61
MTK
\m/

Re: Gruden 2012 QB Camp Schedule

I admit I was intrigued thinking about RG3 running the option, pitching it to Helu.

Advertisements
Old 04-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #62
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Having said all that, I did like the throwing part, especially when he put it spot on in the endzone.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #63
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I watched both.

Gruden seemed to stick it to Luck a little more with tough questions. Asking him what he do if Manning told him he kick his ass and stuff like that. Also Luck did some play break down with the banana stuff.

He brought up the Heisman with both of them and how they felt when RGIII was called. Also asked them how much it mattered to them to be the number one pick.

As far as both of them throwing the ball it was all fluff but fun to watch.

Overall I say the Luck interview was more in depth about football skills where the RGIII interview more showcased his personality.,

Agree 100%. Would of loved to have seen the Whiteboard with RG3.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #64
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I admit I was intrigued thinking about RG3 running the option, pitching it to Helu.
Yeah that was great stuff. I was more intrigued with him saying that he's fine keeping it and taking it up the middle. I'm not sure I want him doing that but the potential versatility of our offense is going to be scary. I just hope the Shanahan's let this kid do his thing.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:45 PM   #65
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
I watched both last night and the Luck show was a lot better. Gruden grilled him on a bad read he made in the USC game. then he had him on the whiteboard diagramming plays and asking him to draw and explain a bunch of routes for him. The Luck show was great...couldn't get enough.

The RG3 show by comparison was a bunch of fluff...socks and heisman talk. I kept waiting for Gruden to say now lets get down to business and it never happened. No film breakdown, no whiteboard...nothing. 10 minutes on that goofy goal line sneak? Another segment showing him celebrate TD passes?

I love these gruden shows and it just figures that the worst ever episode would be for the QB the Redskins are going to draft...wtf
I wouldn't worry about that. Remember Cam Newton's segment last year? I was thinking..."biggest bust of all time!" Well I was dead wrong on that one. Griffin is a better passer than Newton and was in more of a passing offense. I don't need to see any chalk stuff. He's a smart kid who knows his stuff and will work hard at his craft.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:37 PM   #66
celts32
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I wouldn't worry about that. Remember Cam Newton's segment last year? I was thinking..."biggest bust of all time!" Well I was dead wrong on that one. Griffin is a better passer than Newton and was in more of a passing offense. I don't need to see any chalk stuff. He's a smart kid who knows his stuff and will work hard at his craft.
I think you misunderstood my post. I have zero concerns with RG3. I just think Gruden did a bad job. I didn't need to see griffin do anything, just would have enjoyed watching him do his thing on the whiteboard.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:13 PM   #67
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Many "experts " said cam would be a bust and couldn't make the NFL throws.. well they were wrong . It's really a crap shoot and I'm hoping Griffin becomes that franchise type of a Qb but again it's 50/50
Old 04-04-2012, 04:36 AM   #68
NM Redskin
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
I think you misunderstood my post. I have zero concerns with RG3. I just think Gruden did a bad job. I didn't need to see griffin do anything, just would have enjoyed watching him do his thing on the whiteboard.
I agree! You probably saw this but just in case you didn't. NFL Videos: RGIII shows his smarts
Old 04-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #69
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

So as Smootsmack said, much more was shot than shown. In addition it looks like we will get to see RGIII grilled on his X's and O's:

Quote:
I reached out to Monday Night Football producer Jay Rothman, who was happy to explain that they collect more than five hours of tape for each of these shows and must, of course, cut that down to the most compelling possible 22 or 23 minutes (to account for the commercials).

The important thing to remember is that Griffin was put through the same X-and-O paces by Gruden as Luck was. That stuff just didn't make it on-air. But if you really want to see it, you will get your chance.

Rothman told me that Gruden occasionally brings in a guest when he feels it's appropriate to the subject, and he invited former NFL quarterback (and Heisman Trophy winner and No. 1 pick) Vinny Testaverde in for the chalkboard portion of his time with Griffin. The producers are in the process of editing that portion of the session -- Griffin being grilled on Xs and Os by Gruden and Testaverde -- to air on a future edition of "NFL Live." So at some point in the future (I'll try my best to let you know when), you will be able to see that portion of Griffin's time with Gruden, if you're hungry for more.
More thoughts on RG3 and Gruden camp - NFC East Blog - ESPN
Old 04-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #70
MTK
\m/

Why don't they make these shows an hour long, at least for the big dogs like Luck and Griffin? With 5 hours of tape I'm sure they can find a good 45 minutes to show.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #71
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Why don't they make these shows an hour long, at least for the big dogs like Luck and Griffin? With 5 hours of tape I'm sure they can find a good 45 minutes to show.
I had actually figured they were an hour, and when I was coming home to watch Luck's last week, I ended up missing what I thought was the first half hour. When I turned the channel on, Gruden was wrapping it up and the credits were rolling. Boy, I was a bit peeved.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:00 PM   #72
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Yeah exactly. They don't put all the X-O stuff in the show, but they make sure to show you that RG3 has Great socks!
Old 04-06-2012, 12:05 PM   #73
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
I'll ask. But I know that from personal experience we generally tried to have half-hour shows because it was easier to slot in repeats of 30 minute shows in an already tight schedule with all the live programming
Old 04-06-2012, 12:32 PM   #74
30gut
Playmaker

Quote:
The Luck and Griffin ones were just the first two to air. They don't want each of them to feel exactly the same.

"In the case of RG3, he had such a great personality, the stuff he was giving us was compelling," Rothman said. "Each of the shows has its own personality and feel, and I think at the end of the RG3 one, fans got a sense of what the kid was all about. In the body of the storytelling, you get a sense of the kid -- his personality, his smarts, all of that."
With all due respect to Mr.Rothman but if that's what thinks football fans want then they should find a football guy to produce the Gruden series.

We watch specifically to see the X's and O's.
You can make each episode different in other ways but the X's and O's portion is critical and I doubt anyone would complain that 'oh man they always do the X's and O's portion'.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:39 PM   #75
MTK
\m/

I found the RG3 episode to be entertaining nonetheless.

More X's and O's would have been nice, but the lack of it didn't ruin it for me.

Not everyone tuning in is a hardcore fan.