Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Ravens Postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-05-2020, 02:55 PM   #61
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Ravens Postgame

2013 (3 wins) and 2014 (4 wins) our high first round draft picks went to the Rams.

2015 to 2018 we averaged 7-9 wins a season. We were in mediocrity purgatory. Always getting mid round picks.

2019 (3 wins) we won the Chase Young sweepstakes

2020 is an evaluation year for us that should net us another top 5 high impact pick.

2021 and beyond is go time.

----------------

We are right on schedule.

If we can add some legit pieces in FA, I honestly think we look to add a vet QB and make a real SB push from 2021 to 2024 range. I dont know if I want to be forced to go through growing pains of another rookie QB during 2021 and beyond when everything else around the QB position is built to win now.

Theres a plan.

We are just on step 1.

Step 1 is not fun.

I am 100% fine with that.

Advertisements
Old 10-05-2020, 03:05 PM   #62
SunnySide
Playmaker

https://twitter.com/MarkBullockNFL?r...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

The Athletics Mark Bullock twitter feed is a must read ... breaks down individual plays with film and diagrams. Easy to digest and understand.

KPL is playing real well in coverage for a LB imo. I would look to resign him for a few years, hes only on a 1 yr/3M deal with us.

On the Andrews 1st td, Apke should have read the play better and covered Andrews.
Old 10-05-2020, 04:44 PM   #63
Warthog
The Starter

Ravens Postgame

I’m NOT defending Haskins because I think we need to draft a QB with our first round pick in 2021. But that means Dwayne will be our backup QB next year (unless we can trade him). Either scenario - trading him or as our backup means he needs to gain experience and confidence. Right now HASKINS has a QB rating of 80. Same as Allen was at Carolina in 2018. Haskins has three pathways: trade bait next season, backup to our rookie QB or perhaps (very low probability) exploding upwards to be our franchise QB. That means he needs to play!

With our lack of offensive weapons at TE and anyone not named McLaurin at WR, Allen can’t in win games for us:

Steve Sims JR - low prediction in our first games and now hurt. Disappointing!
Inman - journeyman WR. Better than Sims JR but not the future.
Cam Sims - third year and last chance. Caught a couple this game but needs to step it up!
Wright - better than Cam Sims and starting to hear his name
Thomas- another journeyman TE. Ok as a backup TE, but we need a stud TE at #1.

Gibson- breaking it open as a running back and receiver! He is the FUTURE!

Golden - who?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 05:10 PM   #64
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I’m NOT defending Haskins because I think we need to draft a QB with our first round pick in 2021. But that means Dwayne will be our backup QB next year (unless we can trade him). Either scenario - trading him or as our backup means he needs to gain experience and confidence. Right now HASKINS has a QB rating of 80. Same as Allen was at Carolina in 2018. Haskins has three pathways: trade bait next season, backup to our rookie QB or perhaps (very low probability) exploding upwards to be our franchise QB. That means he needs to play!

With our lack of offensive weapons at TE and anyone not named McLaurin at WR, Allen can’t in win games for us:

Steve Sims JR - low prediction in our first games and now hurt. Disappointing!
Inman - journeyman WR. Better than Sims JR but not the future.
Cam Sims - third year and last chance. Caught a couple this game but needs to step it up!
Wright - better than Cam Sims and starting to hear his name
Thomas- another journeyman TE. Ok as a backup TE, but we need a stud TE at #1.

Gibson- breaking it open as a running back and receiver! He is the FUTURE!

Golden - who?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is no way in hell we could trade Haskins. Look at what happened with Rosen last year.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 10:03 AM   #65
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I don't think it's the coaches not trusting him ... i don't think Haskins has the ability to read a defense, anticipate and throw a ball to a space

He needs to see his guy open before he throws it
We said the exact same thing about RGIII.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 04:00 PM   #66
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Watched offensive snaps on the All 22, one thing that jumped out was how good Oline played. On pass protect it was really good, couple of pressions but really not much, and also some where Haskins could've avoided it simply by moving up the pocket a bit.

Schweitzer is playing really well, Martin is getting there, not very agressive in the run game but did the job in pass pro IMO. Even Christian didn't get embarrassed that much.

Cooley gave Haskins a C-
I think it's about it, left some guys open downfield... but really not as much as you would think. Some nice plays, some misread, some pre-snap mistakes, some not letting the play develop while not being under pressure... C- sounds right.
Old 10-06-2020, 04:06 PM   #67
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Watched offensive snaps on the All 22, one thing that jumped out was how good Oline played. On pass protect it was really good, couple of pressions but really not much, and also some where Haskins could've avoided it simply by moving up the pocket a bit.

Schweitzer is playing really well, Martin is getting there, not very agressive in the run game but did the job in pass pro IMO. Even Christian didn't get embarrassed that much.

Cooley gave Haskins a C-
I think it's about it, left some guys open downfield... but really not as much as you would think. Some nice plays, some misread, some pre-snap mistakes, some not letting the play develop while not being under pressure... C- sounds right.
My big question...Schweitzer is no question Much more talented than Wes Martin...why didn’t Ron start Schweitzer and Schreff your starting Guard combo?

??????? What are we doing?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 04:16 PM   #68
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
My big question...Schweitzer is no question Much more talented than Wes Martin...why didn’t Ron start Schweitzer and Schreff your starting Guard combo?

Well, I was going to say maybe he's way more confortable playing RG than LG... but he did play LG for the Falcons when they needed to...
Old 10-06-2020, 04:30 PM   #69
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Well, I was going to say maybe he's way more confortable playing RG than LG... but he did play LG for the Falcons when they needed to...
Cooley review...Wes Martin still struggling.

I want to see this Oline :

Charles-Sweizter-roullier-Schreff-Moses

He Gets Us
Old 10-06-2020, 04:38 PM   #70
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

I remember Schweitz was injured/limited for a bit in training camp but I dont remember for how long.

Seeing how easy it is to find Gs in FA and mid to late round drafts ... I never want to pay over 10M per or spend a 1st round pick on a guard.
Old 10-06-2020, 04:42 PM   #71
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I remember Schweitz was injured/limited for a bit in training camp but I dont remember for how long.

Seeing how easy it is to find Gs in FA and mid to late round drafts ... I never want to pay over 10M per or spend a 1st round pick on a guard.
Yup...he was banged up early.

Cooley gave Wes Schweitzer an A- grade this week. I like him

He Gets Us
Old 10-07-2020, 06:36 AM   #72
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Fabian Moreau had 0 defensive snaps last week. Assuming he's healthy that's a red flag for his standing on the depth chart.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:19 AM   #73
davy
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Fabian Moreau had 0 defensive snaps last week. Assuming he's healthy that's a red flag for his standing on the depth chart.
Two weeks running now.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:46 AM   #74
davy
Impact Rookie

Looking at his weekly snap count it is 31, 41, 0, 0.

I don't remember him looking particularly bad in the first 2 games or reading any criticism of him but he clearly hasn't impressed defensive coaches.
Old 10-07-2020, 11:02 AM   #75
SunnySide
Playmaker

Wow thats crazy. I imagine Fuller back means its Fuller, Darby, Moreland, Moreau in that order. But in dime packages, its Curl who takes the field and not Moreau.

Well ... at least we are getting looks and making decisions on guys. For better or worse.