Redskins vs. Saints Official Game Day Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-07-2009, 02:02 PM   #1126
KLHJ2
Inactive

Re: Redskins vs. Saints Official Game Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by perez24 View Post
He bears a lot of blame, but it's so much easier to blame a kicker or the offense or the play calling or the refs than to admit the crush so many fans have on the defense is mis-placed. The defense is decent, but it is no way "good." Watch good defenses, they stop teams at critical times AND get and hold onto interceptions and fumbles.

I don't necessarily trust Suisham, but I trust the defense less.
Yeah the top ranked Pass and Redzone scoring defense is way over rated, they suck.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-07-2009, 02:07 PM   #1127
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
Yeah the top ranked Pass and Redzone scoring defense is way over rated, they suck.
The Saints marched all the way down to the 1 yard line with relative ease to set up the game winning field goal. I thought that was a bit of a slap in the face to our defense. I mean in OT you go for the field goal once you get within range to avoid a turnover. But the Saints just kept marching down the field.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:15 PM   #1128
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
The Saints marched all the way down to the 1 yard line with relative ease to set up the game winning field goal. I thought that was a bit of a slap in the face to our defense. I mean in OT you go for the field goal once you get within range to avoid a turnover. But the Saints just kept marching down the field.
hows that song go?

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:52 PM   #1129
KLHJ2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
They were going to try a field goal sooner, but we called TO to ice the kicker and they pulled the field goal unit out and put the offense back in. I guess that they thought that we were prolonging the inevitable. Sean Peyton being the arrogant bastard that he is was attemting to rub it in our faces by punching it in for a touchdown, but they couldn't. The defense did all they really could do...keep them out of the endzone. If anyone got a slap in the face it was Sean.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:13 PM   #1130
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
They were going to try a field goal sooner, but we called TO to ice the kicker and they pulled the field goal unit out and put the offense back in. I guess that they thought that we were prolonging the inevitable. Sean Peyton being the arrogant bastard that he is was attemting to rub it in our faces by punching it in for a touchdown, but they couldn't. The defense did all they really could do...keep them out of the endzone. If anyone got a slap in the face it was Sean.
Yeah, I didn't see it that way, and I don't know that I have hear SP characterized as arrogant. The D can't hold a lead, I thought if we started scoring first, things would turn around, but seriously, 3 times the O got up by 10 points, and the Defense gave it away each of those times. Good teams(Saints) win, Bad teams(us ) claim moral victories.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:59 PM   #1131
KLHJ2
Inactive

SP is confident, cocky, arrogant, aggressive or however else you want to say it. I am not going to debate the transparent with you. As far as the D is concerned though, they played well enough to win the game as did the offense. Did they make mistakes? Yes, so did the offense but in spite of those mistakes they still played well enough to win. The only guy who didn't play well enough to win was the kicker.