Tshirt help

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-23-2009, 03:32 PM   #31
munny
Camp Scrub

Re: Tshirt help

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
When I say "it's just football" I'm referring more so to people wanting to do these things to tell Snyder and Cerrato that they wished they would just be struck with a fatal disease, die a painful death, rot in hell, etc. To me, that's a bit extreme
Perhaps rot in hell is a bit extreme... after all, I don't really care where he rots. I don't actually wish diseases or death against against anyone, I just think that's bad Karma. Do I think that the Raiders are better off than the Skins because at least Al Davis will die sooner and there might be some hope for a change? yes. Do I wish that on Danny... no. So, I drop the 'rot in hell' portion and simply move on to wishing that something non-catastrophic causes him to sell the team and give us hope for the future.
munny is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-23-2009, 03:40 PM   #32
Bill B
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by munny View Post
Perhaps rot in hell is a bit extreme... after all, I don't really care where he rots. I don't actually wish diseases or death against against anyone, I just think that's bad Karma. Do I think that the Raiders are better off than the Skins because at least Al Davis will die sooner and there might be some hope for a change? yes. Do I wish that on Danny... no. So, I drop the 'rot in hell' portion and simply move on to wishing that something non-catastrophic causes him to sell the team and give us hope for the future.

Munny - I don't know if you saw the interview with John Cooke but he said Synder basically said he wanted to be the majority owner when he bought the team and that one of the reasons why is because he wants to leave the team to his children - so even if Synder goes away it will be with the Sydner family for generations and will be with them long after we are all rotting dead in the ground somewhere - so we are stuck even with the Synders even if you were just born and become a Skins fan from day 1.
Bill B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:26 PM   #33
munny
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill B View Post
Munny - I don't know if you saw the interview with John Cooke but he said Synder basically said he wanted to be the majority owner when he bought the team and that one of the reasons why is because he wants to leave the team to his children - so even if Synder goes away it will be with the Sydner family for generations and will be with them long after we are all rotting dead in the ground somewhere - so we are stuck even with the Synders even if you were just born and become a Skins fan from day 1.
Yeah, I did see that. My only hope is that the stupid gene does not pass down the line... or that he just changes his mind and sells the team for some reason and his kids can't get it. You never know though, sometimes the kids are better. Look at Jerry Jones son, he was the one who pushed to dump T.O. and move on -- Jerry would not have done that by himself. So, maybe he will be a smarter owner than his dad(though I sure as hell hope not!).

I have been going to games since I was 7, and was 28 years on the wait list. I well remember what is was like when the Cooke's owned the team. Aside from running the team itself better, there was just a whole lot more fan respect from them.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:52 AM   #34
munny
Camp Scrub

So, on a tshirt related note -- During the second quarter I was on the upper deck mez level and I saw two guys, obviously buddies watching tv in the beer line. One had a shirt that said "Dumb" with Cerrato's picture, another "Dumber" with Snyders. Stadium security went by them, stopped and told them to take the shirts off or leave the stadium.

Jawohl mein furherer Danny!
Old 10-28-2009, 10:58 AM   #35
munny
Camp Scrub

So, clearly I wasn't the only one who thought a shirt was an acceptable way to speak out. Was going to let it go, but after Herr Snyder's performance this weekend, I put my order in today.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:24 AM   #36
Bill B
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by munny View Post
Yeah, I did see that. My only hope is that the stupid gene does not pass down the line... or that he just changes his mind and sells the team for some reason and his kids can't get it. You never know though, sometimes the kids are better. Look at Jerry Jones son, he was the one who pushed to dump T.O. and move on -- Jerry would not have done that by himself. So, maybe he will be a smarter owner than his dad(though I sure as hell hope not!).

I have been going to games since I was 7, and was 28 years on the wait list. I well remember what is was like when the Cooke's owned the team. Aside from running the team itself better, there was just a whole lot more fan respect from them.

Lets hope so. I think if this losing and the way the organization is teating fans and its public perception goes on much longer changes will be made within a year or two - Synder has little patience and this virtue of him will finally cave in to making the chages that 99% of the Skins fans are screaming for.
Bill B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:26 AM   #37
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Dont know if anyone suggested it, but you are more then welcome to use Sell OUR Team Danny Boy. You are even free to promote your shirts on our site and facebook page....

Also Down with Dan might be good.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:28 AM   #38
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill B View Post
Lets hope so. I think if this losing and the way the organization is teating fans and its public perception goes on much longer changes will be made within a year or two - Synder has little patience and this virtue of him will finally cave in to making the chages that 99% of the Skins fans are screaming for.
again, or he will move the team. Why do people not see that as a real answer to fans acting badly. (Yes Snyder is acting badly too).
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:29 AM   #39
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
Dont know if anyone suggested it, but you are more then welcome to use Sell OUR Team Danny Boy. You are even free to promote your shirts on our site and facebook page....

Also Down with Dan might be good.
believe it or not I did. (of course not in the same spirit as your offer)
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:51 AM   #40
munny
Camp Scrub

"or he will move the team"

Because that is complete BS and fear mongering. So, I would expect Snyder to try that tactic too, but it will never happen. The fact is, he makes his money because of the fan base, not because there is some magical trance associated to the team. Look around the league, there is no place to go to that will rake in cash, especially not for a team like this. If there was, the Jags would be there now. This is a silly argument. He will stay here because this is where the $$$ is.