Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Remember the Titans: Pregame Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-18-2018, 10:20 PM   #1
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Remember the Titans: Pregame Thread

I'll start the thread with this, little surprised nobody is talking about this yet:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...fc-rosters#wsh

Kerrigan and T.Will make the Pro Bowl. Kerrigan starting, Williams reserve.

We all know the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest but I'm really surprised Tress Way didn't make it. It's not even close between him and the guy who made it. Still holding out hope the All-Pro team will recognize what a fantastic year Way has had anyways, he's our team MVP imo. All-Pro is the better honor anyways.

Alternates: Adrian Peterson (surprising), Tress Way (should be starting), D.J. Swearinger (meh, he's been up and down), Dustin Hopkins (good for him), Jordan Reed (name rep) and Josh Norman (name rep).

Also while we're on the subject I came up with the title because I really enjoyed watching the Titans reenact the dance from an all-time classic football movie:

mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-19-2018, 08:42 AM   #2
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Remember the Titans: Pregame Thread

Pretty cool.

I'm a big fan of Mariota, the kid is humble and a quiet leader.

Henry is their workhorse right now, Dion Lewis is also a good RB2.

Corey Davis is the only true weapon he has at WR though and the Titans are much like us, when they get behind its hard for them to come back.

I don't see us winning this game but I didn't think we would beat Jax either.

It'll be a close UGLY game as usual.

Titans 21
Skins 14
Old 12-19-2018, 08:54 AM   #3
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Same formula from last week...stop the run and the offense has to be efficient when we cross the 50

Something to think about:

Josh Johnson QBR was 70.6 against Jacksonville, for 8th best in the league. THATS 3rd fucking best for a Redskins QB ALL FUCKING YEAR! Alex Smith only top that figure twice, once against Arizona and Green Bay.

Fucking disaster trade and extension.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 09:20 AM   #4
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Same formula from last week...stop the run and the offense has to be efficient when we cross the 50

Josh Johnson QBR was 70.6 against Jacksonville, for 8th best in the league. THATS 3rd fucking best for a Redskins QB ALL FUCKING YEAR! Alex Smith only top that figure twice, once against Arizona and Green Bay.

To the pit of misery, dilly dilly!

No sense crying over spilled milk now Chico, it is what it is. Let's just figure out a way to get out from underneath this behemoth contract.

Any other week I like the Titans, happy for Derrick Henry to be coming on so strong the last two weeks and I've always rooted for Mariota, kid seems humble. No ill will towards Rak either. This week? F em tho.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:24 AM   #5
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Derrick Henry has been getting loose lately....that 99 yard TD run had more to do with piss poor effort from Jacksonville defenders not tackling him on that play than the run itself....I'm confident the defense can clamp down on Mariotta and the Titans passing game....but they have to get Henry on the damn ground.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:26 AM   #6
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
To the pit of misery, dilly dilly!

No sense crying over spilled milk now Chico, it is what it is. Let's just figure out a way to get out from underneath this behemoth contract.

Any other week I like the Titans, happy for Derrick Henry to be coming on so strong the last two weeks and I've always rooted for Mariota, kid seems humble. No ill will towards Rak either. This week? F em tho.
I thought that QBR stat was an eye opener with Johnson, that's a solid game. It gives me hope....which is a dangerous thing in the Redskins Circus.

He Gets Us
Old 12-19-2018, 09:28 AM   #7
MTK
\m/

Even though Henry has been red hot lately I like the matchup with our D. He's a straight line, downhill guy. Clog the holes and get to him before he gets going and we'll have a chance. If he gets to the 2nd level consistently it will be a long day.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:37 AM   #8
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

He was pretty much Alex Smith on Sunday and that is what we need
Old 12-19-2018, 09:40 AM   #9
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

This is the type of game we were winning early in the season. Opponent has a strong to very strong run game, but their passing attack is average at best. If JJ can manage the offense and not turn the ball over then he could lead the team to a win.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 09:43 AM   #10
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
He was pretty much Alex Smith on Sunday and that is what we need
A better Alex Smith according to QBR numbers.

He Gets Us
Old 12-19-2018, 09:46 AM   #11
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I think the game plan for this is clear.

Shut down Henry and force Mariota to pass.

And on our side we just need JJ to continue what he did last week. Don't turn the ball over and put a couple of scoring drives up. It's a winnable game but will get out of control fast if we let Henry/co. run wild. If JJ has to play catch up he might take more risks, which would tip him towards the Sanchize-end of the scale.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:53 AM   #12
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:

Dude, this shit is getting old. Get over it. Alex is at home with a broken leg and everything fell apart when he was gone. I'm pretty sure we'd be in a much better place had the injury not happened.

I'm not saying you have to like what happened, but just get over it.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 10:04 AM   #13
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Dude, this shit is getting old. Get over it. Alex is at home with a broken leg and everything fell apart when he was gone. I'm pretty sure we'd be in a much better place had the injury not happened.

I'm not saying you have to like what happened, but just get over it.
The Josh Johnson QBR puts in perspective just how well Alex performed, its worth mentioning.

Also, the constant bullshit about 12 year vet QB Alex needed more time in Jay's offense to gel got old day 1...I guess Josh just need zero time to perform well in 5 quarters of football.

Bruce should have never been allowed to pull the trade

He Gets Us
Old 12-19-2018, 10:13 AM   #14
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

truly a speculative comment, but how interesting would it be if the 6th playoff seed came down to us winning against Philly with our 4th qb in the afternoon, and KC/Minnesota losing to the Bears in week 17. Talk about pressure for KC... ( I know we would have to win first...)
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 10:15 AM   #15
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
The Josh Johnson QBR puts in perspective just how well Alex performed, its worth mentioning.

Also, the constant bullshit about 12 year vet QB Alex needed more time in Jay's offense to gel got old day 1...I guess Josh just need zero time to perform well in 5 quarters of football.

Bruce should have never been allowed to pull the trade
So you think 5 quarters is enough of a sample? Don't get me wrong, I want Josh Johnson to succeed, but your pulling stuff out of nowhere to try to make a point. Also, Josh was more familiar with Jay's system coming in than Alex, since Josh played under Gruden's system before.

I don't like that the acquisition of Alex was all on Bruce Allen, as I don't trust his judgement.

But the team's record while Alex was playing, shows that he did enough to get the team to 6-3.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote