In the Hole - Post Game Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-12-2021, 07:21 PM   #16
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: In the Hole - Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
We are actually still the 7 seed. So we do still control our own destiny.
Gibson man. That fumble. My God.
Heineke was just awful. He floated every freaking pass and was hesitant about running. Simply put He was awful.
I agree the D was not bad. Not at all actually well minus William Jackson. That guy is turning out to be a piss poor signing.

I still, for the life of me, do not understand why Ron accepted that penalty down by our goal line when it was 3-0. What is five yards in that situation? Clearly not affecting fg range (i think i used the right word there SD lol). It would have been 3rd and 5. Sure they could have picked up the first, but i want to take away the down there and force them to gain five yards instead of giving them two cracks at a TD. If it was going to be 3rd and 1 or 2 than ok back it up. But 3rd and 5? Im forcing them to either score or gain the 5 and hoping we force the fg. That bothered the shit out of me and of course they scored on their extra third down. Plus went for two. That to me was the turning point.

This team is just always slow out of the gates. Beginning of the season. Beginning of games. It is too much to ask this team to always be playing from behind. For their season , and for the games. That is a real problem imo. Especially when you are a run first team.

A wildcard is still very much there, but man they gotta be ready to go at kickoff. Enough with we will figure it out on the fly bullshit.
That is how he throws. He throws floaters literally 99.9% of the time. If there was a stat for "should have been intercepted" or "almost got my receiver killed again with the jump ball" I'm confident he'd be the league leader in both categories. Definite "gamer", and definitely not the answer at QB. The difference in arm strength and accuracy was apparent with the little time Allen had to play. He might actually be the better option down the stretch. However, if the offensive line plays like it did today, it really won't matter who the QB is.

And yes, accepting that penalty was D U M B ! ! !
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-12-2021, 07:28 PM   #17
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Last year we bulldozed Dallas with their key players out, and this year they did the same to us. This team needs all the parts in order to succeed with TH. We just don't have that now.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
This is basically how I felt about the game.

The tough thing is, the offensive line isn't going to be any healthier next week, or the week after that.
Old 12-12-2021, 07:32 PM   #18
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
That is how he throws. He throws floaters literally 99.9% of the time. If there was a stat for "should have been intercepted" or "almost got my receiver killed again with the jump ball" I'm confident he'd be the league leader in both categories. Definite "gamer", and definitely not the answer at QB. The difference in arm strength and accuracy was apparent with the little time Allen had to play. He might actually be the better option down the stretch. However, if the offensive line plays like it did today, it really won't matter who the QB is.

Lol @ the stats. He does throw like that but today just seemed like he had an extra sheet of fabric softener in there.

Right now id say platoon them. Neither one is the answer, but at least it keeps the defense on their toes or changing things…idk. That was just really a depressing effort by TH, and the O line. It’s ok. A month ago everyone here would have laughed at being the 7 seed today. Here we are though. Beat the fucking Eagles and the bad taste goes away.
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 07:44 PM   #19
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
It would be stupid to draft one high - really stupid, since no QB coming out is worthy of a high pick. We'd just be setting the team back a couple of more years if we did that and would have to find a QB within 1-2 years to replace whoever we drafted.
Says who? QB's will always be overdrafted because the position is so valuable. You mean to tell me if Pickett is sitting there when we draft he isn't going to get taken? Yeah right...
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 07:45 PM   #20
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

In the Hole - Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Says who? QB's will always be overdrafted because the position is so valuable. You mean to tell me if Pickett is sitting there when we draft he isn't going to get taken? Yeah right...

We could have almost had pickett playing quarterback and blewitt kicking.

I have no idea if i would take Pickett if he is there. If there is some stud at a position of need sitting there I don’t know what i would want them to do. Guess we will see.
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 07:46 PM   #21
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
We could have almost had pickett playing quarterback and blewitt kicking.

CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 07:53 PM   #22
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

121st meeting in regular season and Dallas has won 74 of the games. Pathetic. That is not a rivalry that is a massacre.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 08:13 PM   #23
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

There is a “turnover worthy throw” with PFF. I’ll see where TH ranks in that category

Overall I’m not mad about that game. I figured Dallas would win, we just don’t have the horses to keep up and with a shitty QB day, u almost have no shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-12-2021, 08:14 PM   #24
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
dallas is just the better team. i would trade chase or montez right now for Parsons. Parsons and Diggs are better than anyone we have on our defense.

winning 4 in a row was great but eventually we were going to get into this kind of game, where we get behind. we can not play from behind at all.

QB still is the #1 offseaosn priority. we must draft a qb and we must draft one high.

This is 100% accurate

Old 12-12-2021, 08:20 PM   #25
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Dallas has struck gold in the first round of the draft over the last 5 or so years
Old 12-12-2021, 08:30 PM   #26
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
There is a “turnover worthy throw” with PFF. I’ll see where TH ranks in that category

Overall I’m not mad about that game. I figured Dallas would win, we just don’t have the horses to keep up and with a shitty QB day, u almost have no shot.

All the doom and gloom is normal I suppose. A lot of emotions after losing to Dallas is to be expected with all that was/is at stake. However, in the end it was a one score game with a chance to tie the game with more than three minutes left. That says a lot considering how short-handed WFT was today to start the game, and even more so in the end.

If we're able to get some dudes back, my guess is it will be a different end to the story in two weeks.
Old 12-12-2021, 08:41 PM   #27
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Dallas has struck gold in the first round of the draft over the last 5 or so years
Not really
Last 6 years
Elliot. Ok
Taco Charlton. Meh
Vander Esch Meh (didn't pick up 5th year option)
No pick but got Cooper
CeeDee Lamb has good moves but drops a lot
Parsons. Definitely the real deal

Old 12-12-2021, 09:15 PM   #28
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
All the doom and gloom is normal I suppose. A lot of emotions after losing to Dallas is to be expected with all that was/is at stake. However, in the end it was a one score game with a chance to tie the game with more than three minutes left. That says a lot considering how short-handed WFT was today to start the game, and even more so in the end.

If we're able to get some dudes back, my guess is it will be a different end to the story in two weeks.
Yeah, we were beat up before the start and even worst by the end of the game. The offensive line (as you stated above) and McLaurin are my concerns going forward (particularly, the next couple weeks).

As bad today was for us and our team; we was a Carter dropped bomb away from potentially sending today's game into OT.

Another big one next week. Let's get it done!
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 09:17 PM   #29
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Can we play Allen for the 1st and 3rd quarters then put Heinicke in mid 2nd and 4th.

Old 12-12-2021, 09:19 PM   #30
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Not really
Last 6 years
Elliot. Ok
Taco Charlton. Meh
Vander Esch Meh (didn't pick up 5th year option)
No pick but got Cooper
CeeDee Lamb has good moves but drops a lot
Parsons. Definitely the real deal

Lamb is a straight up baller.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote