other 14 15.05%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-31-2021, 04:26 PM   #1771
JackLord
Special Teams

Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Because a pro team promised cash/ name recognition/came to a legal settlement quietly. Also the trademark would be Washington RedWolves. The Giants in SF can't stop the New York Giants.

I am not saying it wouldn't be a hurdle, but definitely not insurmountable if you have the legal and financial resources and the resolve to pursue it.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
The two Giants teams were once both located in the NYC and at the Polo Grounds. Using the same name was intentional- much like the old Boston Braves football and baseball teams which became Washington Redskins and Milwaukee/Atlanta Braves respectively. Bears/Cubs in Chicago and Lions/Tigers in Detroit would be two slightly different examples.

But you are correct that it is doable. The Miami University of Ohio Redskins never irked the Washington Redskins. They became the Redhawks and I read they stated we are welcome to adopt that name as well.

Perhaps it would be prudent to take them up on it. Unless we all want to stupidly follow Daniel Snyder into Commanders oblivion,
JackLord is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-31-2021, 04:39 PM   #1772
rocnrik
Playmaker

REDwolves,REDHawks,REDhogs,RED whatever .. it just IMO sounds like desperately holding on to the REDskins.. does anyone have a name without RED in it they like ??? I’m not saying I like the commanders .. some have said we are naming our team same as a jeep model… you mean like Denver did with a Ford Bronco ? Or chargers ? Or Rams .. I own a ram truck 😀.. Ford falcon .. To anyone that hates the name Commanders let’s here your name choices.. without using RED in the name ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 05:38 PM   #1773
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
REDwolves,REDHawks,REDhogs,RED whatever .. it just IMO sounds like desperately holding on to the REDskins.. does anyone have a name without RED in it they like ??? I’m not saying I like the commanders .. some have said we are naming our team same as a jeep model… you mean like Denver did with a Ford Bronco ? Or chargers ? Or Rams .. I own a ram truck .. Ford falcon .. To anyone that hates the name Commanders let’s here your name choices.. without using RED in the name ..
It's really simple to go Washington Wolves. Doesn't have to be the Red Wolves. But at the same token the heritage and colors lends itself to using Red in the name if it is reasonable, which I think Red Wolves (an actual species) is.

Names without Red for me would be
Wolves
Hogs
Armada ( this one ties to the US Naval Academy in Annapolis but not sure how well it works)

CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 05:50 PM   #1774
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
It's really simple to go Washington Wolves. Doesn't have to be the Red Wolves. But at the same token the heritage and colors lends itself to using Red in the name if it is reasonable, which I think Red Wolves (an actual species) is.

Names without Red for me would be
Wolves
Hogs
Armada ( this one ties to the US Naval Academy in Annapolis but not sure how well it works)

I like the wolves

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 07:10 PM   #1775
JackLord
Special Teams

Quote:
REDwolves,REDHawks,REDhogs,RED whatever .. it just IMO sounds like desperately holding on to the REDskins.. does anyone have a name without RED in it they like ??? I’m not saying I like the commanders .. some have said we are naming our team same as a jeep model… you mean like Denver did with a Ford Bronco ? Or chargers ? Or Rams .. I own a ram truck 😀.. Ford falcon .. To anyone that hates the name Commanders let’s here your name choices.. without using RED in the name ..
The Red____s are my favorite. It is not desperately holding on. It is continuity with respect to tradition. How is that desperate?

St Johns and the aforementioned Miami University did the same thing. Redmen to Red Storm; Redskins to Redhawks. Nobody termed that desperate- they called it clever and pragmatic.

But, to answer your question: I could have lived with Warriors and I could live with Hogs. And I could live with WFT. There it is.

One more time for 2021: If you ditch all connections to the past, you are left with a brand new team that automatically disdains its own history.

And all you have left is .... Snyder.

Think about it. Rather grim, eh?

Happy New Year and HTTR.
JackLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 07:38 PM   #1776
rocnrik
Playmaker

[QUOTE=JackLord;1306268]The Red____s are my favorite. It is not desperately holding on. It is continuity with respect to tradition. How is that desperate?

St Johns and the aforementioned Miami University did the same thing. Redmen to Red Storm; Redskins to Redhawks. Nobody termed that desperate- they called it clever and pragmatic.

But, to answer your question: I could have lived with Warriors and I could live with Hogs. And I could live with WFT. There it is.

One more time for 2021: If you ditch all connections to the past, you are left with a brand new team that automatically disdains its own history.

And all you have left is .... Snyder.

Think about it. Rather grim, eh?

Happy New Year and HTTR.[/QUOTE

Happy new year to you !!
I loved the warriors!! It got eliminated early .. I can live with any of the names and none will ever be as great as Redskins!! To be honest it’s hard to pull for anything Snyder but my loyalty started before he was born !!
Old 12-31-2021, 08:00 PM   #1777
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Washington Firebirds
Old 12-31-2021, 09:49 PM   #1778
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Oh btw, for all the "Redwolves sounds like a High School team name" talks, Commanders actually is a High School team name

Old 12-31-2021, 10:07 PM   #1779
rocnrik
Playmaker

just checked lots of high schools called redwolves .. you gonna be hard pressed to find any name that some high school ain’t used.. I wonder how many high schools are called Eagles,cowboys, lions,falcons … etc
Old 12-31-2021, 10:12 PM   #1780
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
just checked lots of high schools called redwolves .. you gonna be hard pressed to find any name that some high school ain’t used.. I wonder how many high schools are called Eagles,cowboys, lions,falcons … etc
A quick Google search brought up several high schools that were Redskins (or warriors) switched to Red Wolves

Old 12-31-2021, 10:17 PM   #1781
rocnrik
Playmaker

Quote:
A quick Google search brought up several high schools that were Redskins (or warriors) switched to Red Wolves

Yep! .. I do not understand at all why a team would change the name warriors.. do any of you find the names Chiefs,Indians,Braves,warriors, Blackhawks offensive?
It’s like any reference to native Americans is now off limits ..
Old 12-31-2021, 10:43 PM   #1782
VTSkins1961
Special Teams

Quote:

Wolves
Hogs
Sentinels

Not a fan of Commanders or Armada
VTSkins1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 10:49 PM   #1783
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Agreed.
That's why for me it's not an argument. You either like a name or you don't. But most "arguments" used to debate this subjective issue were bad faith IMO.
Old 12-31-2021, 10:51 PM   #1784
rocnrik
Playmaker

I gotta say the capitals and nationals are Great Names for the area!! Not of fan of the Wizard name and the jury is out on the new football name ..
Old 12-31-2021, 11:18 PM   #1785
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Weird thing about the Arkansas State v Chattanooga red wolves case, the articles all said a trial would occur this past October but I can not find any articles at all about the results.

Just saying a hypothetical here but suppose Washington stepped in and asked Arkansas to postpone or settle but to do so with a privacy clause until Washington announces the deal after the season.

If you are looking for a stealth bomber you look for the absence of reflections where some should be. There should be a public resolution to the Ark. v Chattanooga case especially since Chattanooga continues to use and market the Red Wolves name and logo