Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

The Washington Capitals Playoff Stretch Run Thread

Other Sports

Old 04-01-2008, 08:48 PM   #46
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Re: The Washington Capitals Playoff Stretch Run Thread

Thanks to the lesser known ALEX......Caps 3-1 end of 2nd. Power play to start the 3rd for the home team.

If the Caps can pull another WIN off and tie this division up with the Cans this is HUGE! The Cans play again tomorrow night, back to back we don't......advantage Caps IF we WIN tonight. Which I do think we will hold them off and get this one.
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-01-2008, 09:33 PM   #47
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

One man on the planet....How bout THE GREAT 8....dents the twine again! 63 and counting!

Caps 4-1 closing minutes in the 3rd! 5 game win streak coming up....and tied for the lead in the Southeast, HUGE WIN. GO CAPS!
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

Old 04-01-2008, 09:51 PM   #48
wolfeskins
The Starter

what a good game by the caps. nice, solid victory.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:07 PM   #49
GMScud
Swearinger

That's 9 outta 10! Defense and Huet were awesome tonight. Outshot them by 17! Now we play Tampa and Florida, both games in DC, with both opponents playing us on their second night of a back to back. I want that 3 seed...
Old 04-01-2008, 10:17 PM   #50
Campbell17
Impact Rookie

They're better than the canes. They started bad though and it is hurting them now. LETS GO FLYERS!!!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2008, 10:23 PM   #51
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell17 View Post
They're better than the canes. They started bad though and it is hurting them now. LETS GO FLYERS!!!!!!!!
Kinda looked that way tonight....... Flyers.....? they are heading backwards.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:27 PM   #52
Campbell17
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
Kinda looked that way tonight....... Flyers.....? they are heading backwards.
Not now!!! We have been getting better. Lost Hatcher and Gagne for the season. I saw and talked to hatcher on sunday and is knee is screwed. I am neighbors with Danny Briere, and he has been scoring goal after goal lately.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:35 PM   #53
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell17 View Post
Not now!!! We have been getting better. Lost Hatcher and Gagne for the season. I saw and talked to hatcher on sunday and is knee is screwed. I am neighbors with Danny Briere, and he has been scoring goal after goal lately.
Tell Danny boy lay low on the goals, we like it when your losing! But heres the bad news for philly those goals need to convert into WINS not LOSSES, Don't get me wrong keep up the good work on the loss front.

Really it is gonna be good in the Eastern conference with The Caps, Cans, Bees, Philly all fighting like heck to get a playoff spot.

But all I care about is the CAPS! GO CAPS!!!!!!!

Old 04-02-2008, 10:31 AM   #54
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Big game tonight for the Cans.....they can help out the cause with another loss at home.

ESPN - NHL - National Hockey League

Old 04-03-2008, 12:30 AM   #55
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Philly's loss to Pitt tonight greatly helped out the Caps' cause. Us and Philly both have 2 games left, and because Philly didn't secure a point tonight in their loss to Pitt they are still standing at 91 points. We need to win both our remaining games, but if we beat TB tomorrow night and secure 2 points we will move into the 8th spot because we will be 1 point ahead of Philly. If Philly wins both of their next two games then we are probably screwed, so we are gonna need them to lose at least 1 of them to help us out. Theoretically we could still get the 3 seed if Carolina loses its' final game but there's probably a good chance they'll win since they are playing TB.

In order to get the 3 seed Carolina would have to lose its' final game and we'd have to win both of our games. There's always the small possibility that Ottawa continues their slide and lose both of their final games which would let us in provided we pick up 3-4 points in our next two, but if they win 1 game out of their next 2 that's out the window. If Boston loses both of their next two theoretically we could get in and put them out, but that's a tough scenario too.

I'd say there's a slim shot of us getting in, but the odds of us taking the 3 seed from Carolina or pushing Ottawa, Boston, or Philly out are all roughly close. All of these odds are dependant on us winning our next two though, if we fail to collect points in either one of those games we would pretty much be f'd in the a.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:33 AM   #56
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

I've never watched more hockey in my life than in this past month.

Really enjoying this game that I really haven't learned to appreciate until just now. Gotta love the Caps run!
Old 04-03-2008, 06:44 AM   #57
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

These guys are on fire, it has been a BLAST to watch this team grow and play at this level game after game. Lets hope they can get two more, starting with tonights HUGE game against Tampa at Verizon. If this Caps team can get in the playoffs anyway they will be very dangerous.

Looking for another RED OUT tonight! GO CAPS!

Old 04-03-2008, 07:50 AM   #58
Redskins8588
Playmaker

Everyone here is getting high hopes for a team that, if they make the playoffs, will have to face the Mighty Pittsburgh Penguins, Division champs may I add. No matter though, either the caps or the flyers will be making an early exit from the NHL playoffs, and you can take that to the bank...
Old 04-03-2008, 08:18 AM   #59
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Well even though I haven't watched the Flyers vs. the Pens, I was looking at their record against each other this season and it's been pretty evenly matched so far. I know they lost to them last night but anything can happen. My wish is for the Caps to take the 3 seed so they don't have to face the Pens in the first round lol, Caps vs. Pens hasn't exactly been an even series to date, they've had our number for a while.

Besides, 8588, when the 'Skins were going on their run and everyone realized that if we did make the playoffs we'd be playing at Seattle in the first round did that stop anyone from getting excited anyways? Tbh, as it grew closer and then I finally confirmed that we would be playing Seattle in the first round I had hopes, but I wasn't getting my hopes that far up anyways, and after our defeat there I can only hope we don't have to play there in the playoffs again, playing there is like Kryptonite to our Superman.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:22 AM   #60
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588 View Post
Everyone here is getting high hopes for a team that, if they make the playoffs, will have to face the Mighty Pittsburgh Penguins, Division champs may I add. No matter though, either the caps or the flyers will be making an early exit from the NHL playoffs, and you can take that to the bank...
I'd be scared to play the Caps if I were any team in the NHL right now. Solid nucleus of good young players and a few vets who know how to win plus the best player in the league at the moment. Oh and a goalie who is kicking tail. It still is a big question whether they even make it into the playoffs though.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote