Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Taylor Effing Heinicke

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Next year Taylor Heinicke will be...
Starting QB for the WFT 15 23.08%
Solid backup for the WFT 33 50.77%
Starter or backup for another team 2 3.08%
I have no clue 15 23.08%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2021, 09:38 AM   #316
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Taylor Effing Heinicke

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
100% correct. WFT needs to keep doing whatever is needed to get a big time QB. Whether that's via trade or draft, keep trying no matter what the cost until there's success. Once they get the QB the other pieces can easily/quickly be put in place.
I think the pieces are there, we just don't have the QB to take advantage of those pieces, and we need them to be healthy too (Logan, Samuel)
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-20-2021, 09:41 AM   #317
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I think the pieces are there, we just don't have the QB to take advantage of those pieces, and we need them to be healthy too (Logan, Samuel)
That's my point, without the QB the pieces aren't enough.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 09:46 AM   #318
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Terry is a #1 WR but he's not a guy that can really dominate without a good passer. There are only a few guy that can do that.. DHOP , Julio (of 3 years ago) AB in his prime Etc.

Terry is like a Marvin Harrison, he could be LETHAL with a great QB. Sadly for him, 3 years in the league and he has had JAGs.
Old 10-20-2021, 09:52 AM   #319
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Stays do not always tell the story. Heineke balled the fuck out in that game. Kept play’s alive. And that was a fucking great defense he was playing. Believe this thread which is named Taylor effin Heineke was born from that game.
He was the only one who showed up for that game. We can call him a backup going forward no doubt. Call him limited in ability. But give the man that playoff game. Lol. He was awesome.
Nobody is taking away how he played in that game, a game we still lost by the way. Some people seem to hang on to that game like we won the SB or something. Very weird, but I guess when you're a bottom feeder of a team like this one fans are going to hold onto anything they can.

Also strikes me odd that some seem to be holding on to this idea TH can be more than he is with better coaching. Could he be better if we dug up Bill Walsh and Vince Lombardi? Yeah maybe a little I guess. In all likelihood though his limitations aren't going to allow him to be anything more than we've already seen.

At worst the guy has shown he belongs in the league as a backup, and he can carve out a nice career for himself for the next few years probably.
Old 10-20-2021, 10:04 AM   #320
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Terry is a #1 WR but he's not a guy that can really dominate without a good passer. There are only a few guy that can do that.. DHOP , Julio (of 3 years ago) AB in his prime Etc.

Terry is like a Marvin Harrison, he could be LETHAL with a great QB. Sadly for him, 3 years in the league and he has had JAGs.
We should enjoy Terry while we have him, because when he's ready to be a FA we'll probably botch that and by then he'll be sick of this place anyway.
Old 10-20-2021, 10:06 AM   #321
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Nobody is taking away how he played in that game, a game we still lost by the way. Some people seem to hang on to that game like we won the SB or something. Very weird, but I guess when you're a bottom feeder of a team like this one fans are going to hold onto anything they can.

Also strikes me odd that some seem to be holding on to this idea TH can be more than he is with better coaching. Could he be better if we dug up Bill Walsh and Vince Lombardi? Yeah maybe a little I guess. In all likelihood though his limitations aren't going to allow him to be anything more than we've already seen.

At worst the guy has shown he belongs in the league as a backup, and he can carve out a nice career for himself for the next few years probably.
TH is one of the biggest case of Ashburn syndrome I've seen in years. Astounding.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 10:15 AM   #322
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
TH is one of the biggest case of Ashburn syndrome I've seen in years. Astounding.
No doubt.

The fact the team was selling TH t-shirts after that playoff LOSS still amazes me. Total loser mentality.
Old 10-20-2021, 10:17 AM   #323
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:

+1

From sleeping on his sister's couch to making millions as an NFL backup while getting to play the game he loves (just not as a starter) - it's not a bad life.

The arm thing - can't tell if you're talking about arm strength or accuracy. His inaccuracy is killing us - Brady doesn't have the best arm strength either but he knows where to place the ball. Heinicke seems to have a case of the jitters - it's mental with him. Not sure we want to give him the entire year to see if he can get past it.
Old 10-20-2021, 10:22 AM   #324
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
+1

From sleeping on his sister's couch to making millions as an NFL backup while getting to play the game he loves (just not as a starter) - it's not a bad life.

The arm thing - can't tell if you're talking about arm strength or accuracy. His inaccuracy is killing us - Brady doesn't have the best arm strength either but he knows where to place the ball. Heinicke seems to have a case of the jitters - it's mental with him. Not sure we want to give him the entire year to see if he can get past it.
It's both. When a guy has a subpar arm he needs to make up for it by throwing with anticipation and rhythm. He hasn't shown he can do that consistently. More often than not he has to scramble around and make plays off schedule, which he is pretty good at, but yeah the inaccuracy is also a big killer. And when he misses he often misses high, which leads to tipped balls and possible INTs.
Old 10-22-2021, 07:27 AM   #325
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Totally agree actually. Personally I wasn’t or haven’t hung on to that game like it was anything just that I saw him ball out against an awesome defense in a pressure situation (first start and a playoff game) so I do hold onto the fact that he has it in him. Plus i just bought it up in reply to Chiefs comment. But as the weeks go by that game appears more and more to be a fluke and not the norm.
Im also worried about the quarterback class coming out. Dont wanna reach for someone in the first round.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 08:58 AM   #326
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I can't wait for the day when we are not discussing TH as our starter. Forget Watson cause he ain't coming here. No elite free agent QB is coming here.

We have to draft the franchise guy. That is the only way we are going to get one. My issue is do we have the right staff to develop that guy? Will he have to deal w/ multiple staffs if Ron gets blown out this time next year? Even if we draft a guy can he be successful here? It's hard enough getting one, hitting on one. Then that guy will have to deal w/ all the bullshit here - a lot for a guy in his early 20's to overcome.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 09:05 AM   #327
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
No I dont think he is a stud. Lol. Far from it. That was my point. Studs like McLaurin do not need the coaching like a guy like Heineke does. Guys like Heineke are why coaches are important. When i said “others” I didn’t mean other studs. I literally meant others that aren’t studs.

I also agree that Quarterback is the most important position. However on this current team with this current coaching staff a stud quarterback isn’t transforming us into contenders. We also need a new staff and several other pieces. What quarterback is over coming this defense-the worst in the league?

We need a quarterback- NO DOUBT- but we also need a staff, a handful of players on defense, and a halfway decent kicker if we are going to contend.
I'd like to see Turner w/ a stud QB. That is really the only way we can judge him.

Someone posted on You Tube the coaches tape of the Buffalo game. There were numerous guys running wide open and TH either missed them or did not throw them the ball. It is easy for everyone to call out Turner. But when I see that guys are in fact open and are not getting the ball then why are be bashing Turner? He is calling plays for a very limited QB. He probably called all those screens last week cause he knows he doesn't have a QB that can get the job done.

Last edited by skinsfan69; 10-22-2021 at 10:22 AM.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 09:26 AM   #328
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Yeah, I was definitely a Turner basher early on, but I am beginning to realize that it is more about the QB situation and the injuries than him.
Chief X_Phackter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 09:39 AM   #329
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Yeah, I was definitely a Turner basher early on, but I am beginning to realize that it is more about the QB situation and the injuries than him.

Yes but than why is Turner going air coryell?
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 09:42 AM   #330
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Bingo

Haskins - pathetic, embarrassing first round bust
Alex Smith - severely injured, past his prime vet nobody picked up after he was cut
Fitz - limited time in system, injuried
Heineken- journeyman with no starting experience
Our third QB - forget his name, meh results injuried

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote