Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Wft vs niners prediction thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-09-2020, 09:18 AM   #1
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Oh boy. Here we go. I believe it was Jamf that said he hates having hope during the Steelers game thread. Lol. Right now we are brimming with hope.
All past history and dashed hopes aside I think the desire to win the division puts us over the top this week.
We will have at least 4 sacks. Im not afraid of their offense. I know we can score points on them. I would love love love to see Cam have another big game.
One more thing. Half time adjustments are great but lets see a fast start!
WFT 31
SF 17
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-09-2020, 09:30 AM   #2
MTK
\m/

Re: Wft vs niners prediction thread

FFS it's like the fan base has battered spouse syndrome. Afraid of hope? Wear that shit like a badge of fucking honor right now! Nothing better than playing meaningful games in December. Not only is the division up for grabs but we're only a game out of the wild card too. Run the fucking table!
Old 12-09-2020, 09:32 AM   #3
AnonEmouse
The Starter

I want to see Chase run all over TW...

If Gibson is fit then we should be able to keep their O off the field like the Bills did. If not it could be like Monday and a battle of attrition. I think this new found team spirit will win out though. 28-14 WFT, maybe including a defensive score (Sweat seems to want another! ).
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 09:36 AM   #4
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

The 49ers have a much better offense/scheme than the Steelers despite having injuries. Their running game led ny Mostert and others is dangerous, they love to run to the outside with blockers on the edges. They have 2 excellent, dangerous receivers in Samuel and Aiyuk, Bourne is pretty good too. A solid OL, DL, LB’s, I watch this team every week and believe me it won’t be no easy game. This is no gimme, they are desperate like us for a playoff spot, should be a hell of a game. We need to play like we did against Pitt in order to win.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 09:36 AM   #5
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
FFS it's like the fan base has battered spouse syndrome. Afraid of hope? Wear that shit like a badge of fucking honor right now! Nothing better than playing meaningful games in December. Not only is the division up for grabs but we're only a game out of the wild card too. Run the fucking table!

I know Matty but how many times have we seen this movie. Oscar winning victory only to be followed by a shit sequel. Calls of we have righted the ship immediately followed by the ship is sinking. Lol
Would you really be floored if we did not play well and lost?
That being said I personally do have hope and think we will win.
Old 12-09-2020, 09:37 AM   #6
MTK
\m/

Washington Injury Update: Antonio Gibson diagnosed with turf toe, could miss Sunday's game
Old 12-09-2020, 09:38 AM   #7
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I know Matty but how many times have we seen this movie. Oscar winning victory only to be followed by a shit sequel.
Would you really be floored if we did not play well and lost?
That being said I personally do have hope and think we will win.
Until there's not a reason to be hopeful, be hopeful.

We just knocked off an 11-0 team for crying out loud, we've won 3 in a row, there's legit reason to be hopeful
Old 12-09-2020, 09:45 AM   #8
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I think WFT matches up really well against this 49er team. Their offense is good, Mullens is capable of getting the ball to his playmakers, and he is more mobile than the last few QBs we have faced. He makes mistakes though, and I think the WFT front four will wreak havoc in that backfield all day. Containing Mullens in the pocket, and stopping the running game will be the keys for defense. This could really be a BIG day for the D. I would like nothing more than to see Chase man-handle TW on multiple occasions.

Offense HAS to get rolling early - bring the 2nd half offense to the 1st half for once, and carry it over after halftime. I doubt Gibson will be available if he has turf toe as that injury usually takes a minimum of 2 weeks to recover (if you're lucky). So, my guess is Barber will get the start, but McKissic will get the most touches.

Will be another tough test, but it should be a W going away at the end.

WFT 37
SF 19
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 09:54 AM   #9
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

This is gonna be a competitive close game. Their Oline and RB group is super talented.

The bills WR group did a number on the 49ers secondary. And their dline ain’t what it was last year.

Well coached team, but we need to stop the run. Cole Holcomb, Everett, Curl, KPL need to be ready to fill gaps. Our dline plays the run well but faces a good Oline.

This gonna be an ugly game...16-13 Skins

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 09:59 AM   #10
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Shitty news about Gibson...but I’d say really let him heal and rest him for as long as he needs. JD and Barber can handle the load. Also would like to see Javon Leake get some opportunity

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 10:02 AM   #11
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
This is gonna be a competitive close game. Their Oline and RB group is super talented.

The bills WR group did a number on the 49ers secondary. And their dline ain’t what it was last year.

Well coached team, but we need to stop the run. Cole Holcomb, Everett, Curl, KPL need to be ready to fill gaps. Our dline plays the run well but faces a good Oline.

This gonna be an ugly game...16-13 Skins
Their receivers are really dangerous, Deebo Samuel is like AG, RB/WR, Aiyuk the rookie has been spectacular, Bourne is above available and believe or not Reed has been playing well. Don’t underestimate this team.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 10:19 AM   #12
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

We just knocked off an 11-0 team for crying out loud, we've won 3 in a row, there's legit reason to be hopeful
I think you are catching the 49's at the right time. Add in this would be a sweet win for Alex Smith . I see you guys 24-17
Old 12-09-2020, 10:45 AM   #13
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Its Jamf’s fault
Old 12-09-2020, 10:48 AM   #14
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Shitty news about Gibson...but I’d say really let him heal and rest him for as long as he needs. JD and Barber can handle the load. Also would like to see Javon Leake get some opportunity
What's the word on Bryce Love? Is he even close to playing?

I wonder if they will try to use someone like Gandy-Golden as a change up for the backfield if Gibson is out. McKissick has impressed me, but we need an alternate and with Gibson out... Barber isn't doing a lot, though he's been very serviceable, and he's non-existent in the passing game.
Old 12-09-2020, 10:50 AM   #15
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Oh, and can someone tell the LB's when blitzing a mobile QB to break down for the tackle instead of going hell for leather for the big hit? Big Ben of all people spinning out of a sack.