Jay Gruden expected to return in 2018

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-16-2018, 02:38 PM   #106
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Jay Gruden expected to return in 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Yes, I would. It's not debatable either, Tomlin is better than Gruden.
Tomlin has been/is stacked with maybe the most talent in the league over the last 4 years...he's been a major disappointment.

And the fact he been talking about the Patriots like an obsession this year...I think its a terrible example to his team bc they turn around I did the same thing.

If Im a Pitttsturd fan, Im not happy with the Coach or the teams attitude.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-16-2018, 02:43 PM   #107
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Ill say this, if Todd "the Tequila Cowboy" Haley gets let go, Id rather hire him than Tomlin.

He Gets Us
Old 01-16-2018, 03:05 PM   #108
MTK
\m/

Tomlin is definitely overrated, Steelers fans have wanted to move on for a while, granted fans always see their own situation in a much more negative light than outsiders do
Old 01-16-2018, 03:34 PM   #109
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Did Tomlin win with a team he built? I can't remember if that Cards game was with him there long enough?
Cowher retired after '06, Tomlin won the SB in his 2nd year with the team. I think that's enough time to give him credit for it.

S/N I also believe this discussion is pointless, even if Bill B. was on the market we wouldn't go after him due to Gruden's extension. Not sure it would sent the right message to the players either.
Old 01-16-2018, 03:52 PM   #110
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Tomlin is definitely overrated, Steelers fans have wanted to move on for a while, granted fans always see their own situation in a much more negative light than outsiders do
116-60 record is very good but he is also in a historically bad division.

8-7 playoff record tells more of the story IMO, BUT He did win a SB (cowhers team) but still he did win one.

Jon Gruden didn't have this good a record and people think he's god.

Tomlin has also never had a losing season, that is even more impressive because Ben has missed games.

I'd take him over Jay in a heartbeat, he at least gambles more than not...

4&1 on the 40? Jay is punting 95% of the time.

Plus he's from VA, be kinda cool to have a coach from the area.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...es/TomlMi0.htm
Old 01-16-2018, 04:42 PM   #111
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Tomlin and Jon Gruden are the two of the most overrated coaches in the history of the league. Gruden actually had a LOSING record his last 6 years in TB and yet he has had teams begging him to coach. I don't get it at all.

Tomlin should have been fired after the game Sun after the onside kick. You basically had 3 timeouts. All you had to do was stop that juggernaut offense of the Jags, get a 3 and out and get the ball back. These coaches sometimes just do the dumbest shit and choke just like the players do. Tomlin choked almost as worse as the Saints DB.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 03:38 PM   #112
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st...ted-games-lost

When we looked at AGL for head coaches last year, Jay Gruden was only surpassed by Mike McCoy's San Diego teams. After Washington finished last in AGL in 2017, we can say that Gruden has had the most injured teams of any coach since 2002. This 2017 total does not even include anything for safety Su'a Cravens, who shocked everyone when he decided to retire a week before the regular season. He was placed on an exempt list and missed the entire season after getting treated for post-concussion syndrome. Middle linebacker Mason Foster (11.3 AGL) and first-round rookie Jonathan Allen (11.0 AGL) were Washington's two biggest losses by AGL. The skill positions also lost tight end Jordan Reed (8.3 AGL), running backs Rob Kelley (8.6 AGL) and Chris Thompson (6.1 AGL), and wide receiver Terrelle Pryor (7.1 AGL) for extended periods of time. As we'll see next week in the unit breakdowns, the depth of injuries along the offensive line really pushed Washington over the top here. Washington had a league-high 10 players incur at least 6.0 AGL.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:58 PM   #113
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

When we looked at AGL for head coaches last year, Jay Gruden was only surpassed by Mike McCoy's San Diego teams. After Washington finished last in AGL in 2017, we can say that Gruden has had the most injured teams of any coach since 2002. This 2017 total does not even include anything for safety Su'a Cravens, who shocked everyone when he decided to retire a week before the regular season. He was placed on an exempt list and missed the entire season after getting treated for post-concussion syndrome. Middle linebacker Mason Foster (11.3 AGL) and first-round rookie Jonathan Allen (11.0 AGL) were Washington's two biggest losses by AGL. The skill positions also lost tight end Jordan Reed (8.3 AGL), running backs Rob Kelley (8.6 AGL) and Chris Thompson (6.1 AGL), and wide receiver Terrelle Pryor (7.1 AGL) for extended periods of time. As we'll see next week in the unit breakdowns, the depth of injuries along the offensive line really pushed Washington over the top here. Washington had a league-high 10 players incur at least 6.0 AGL.

Thanks for sharing.

So we were 25th the year before as well...not good.

My question is when it comes to conditioning, training, and getting your body ready for the season, what can be done? Just ringing this up to dumb luck is naïve...Ive heard from multiple reporters that Jay's training camp is really lax....since its here in Richmond that been a constant theme of how loose camp is...Seems like last season should be awake up call.

You also see the same teams at the bottom in both years, Miami, Chicago, etc. Not a group of team I want to be apart of.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:07 PM   #114
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

When we looked at AGL for head coaches last year, Jay Gruden was only surpassed by Mike McCoy's San Diego teams. After Washington finished last in AGL in 2017, we can say that Gruden has had the most injured teams of any coach since 2002. This 2017 total does not even include anything for safety Su'a Cravens, who shocked everyone when he decided to retire a week before the regular season. He was placed on an exempt list and missed the entire season after getting treated for post-concussion syndrome. Middle linebacker Mason Foster (11.3 AGL) and first-round rookie Jonathan Allen (11.0 AGL) were Washington's two biggest losses by AGL. The skill positions also lost tight end Jordan Reed (8.3 AGL), running backs Rob Kelley (8.6 AGL) and Chris Thompson (6.1 AGL), and wide receiver Terrelle Pryor (7.1 AGL) fextended periods of time. As we'll see next week in the unit breakdowns, the depth of injuries along the offensive line really pushed Washington over the top here. Washington had a league-high 10 players incur at least 6.0 AGL.

I think is a better link to track the games missed.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...7_injuries.htm

Redskins ended the season with 24 players on IR ,the Giants had 29 both team were devastated by injuries.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:13 PM   #115
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I'd like to go back and research this list over the last 5 years or so, it seems like we always have tons of injuries and this list proves it.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:40 PM   #116
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Thanks for sharing.

So we were 25th the year before as well...not good.

My question is when it comes to conditioning, training, and getting your body ready for the season, what can be done? Just ringing this up to dumb luck is naïve...Ive heard from multiple reporters that Jay's training camp is really lax....since its here in Richmond that been a constant theme of how loose camp is...Seems like last season should be awake up call.

You also see the same teams at the bottom in both years, Miami, Chicago, etc. Not a group of team I want to be apart of.
just glancing through the article I saw that we listed 94 players as questionable on injury reports, Balt had 89, and NE had 87 - all other teams had less then 80. Then we had the 6th highest percent that played. (Balt had the 2nd). It makes me wonder if the pressure to play when injured was a factor at all.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 04:47 PM   #117
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

It makes you appreciate Jay a little to be honest, the guy has us around .500 every yr and look at what he has had to deal with, on top of a QB drama every yr....
Old 03-23-2018, 08:19 AM   #118
MTK
\m/

Hey man injuries are no excuse, next man up

/sarcasm
Old 03-23-2018, 08:30 AM   #119
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Hey man injuries are no excuse, next man up
I agree.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:50 AM   #120
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
It makes you appreciate Jay a little to be honest, the guy has us around .500 every yr and look at what he has had to deal with, on top of a QB drama every yr....
This is a good point...I don’t hear excuses from the staff or
Team either. Those numbers were shocking