Redskins Offseason Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-07-2018, 05:46 AM   #766
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Redskins Offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
They already have their training camp there. If they have an interest in fighting territory with Baltimore then they will keep it closer than Richmond, but they could get land by Quantico/Fredericksburg cheaper and with a lot less drama then the Oxon Hill site, or in DC proper. Also, a more southern site in between DC and Richmond might have a better shot at hosting multiple Superbowls, Something you know Dan would like.

I do think we will hear some serious discussions on the final site pretty soon. The land lease at FedEx expires in 2027, so there are still 8 seasons but you have to get the land finalized first.
edit: Jerry's world took 26 months to build, so that would mean all the permitting and paperwork needs to be in place around 2024. So I guess we still have 4-5 years before a final site decision has to be made.

That would make a little more sense. Richmond is just not feasible traffic wise,the merge of 295 and 95 north is a killer!

Advertisements
Old 06-07-2018, 07:17 AM   #767
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
At the time it made sense and JKC paid for the whole thing himself rare then ....impossible now.Right now to me one big problem with Fed Ex is the deal the state and JKC agreed to with the infrastructure that the state did, if the Skins break the deal they have to pay it all back. I just wonder how people would feel about Fed Ex if the Skins had the same type of record and history there like they did at RFK.
I think the next Redskins home will be in DC the courts have solved the name problem and the land in Oxon Hill just will not happen . If it goes to VA it will be somewhere on the Potomac ,Chrystal City maybe where I am not sure.Another question is....what do you do with Fed Ex,sell it,for what ?There is a big Mall/ shopping center across the beltway ,already a boatload of New Homes there now not sold and you have a Metro stop within walking distance.
I think fedex will be imploded.

The old Landover mall site still sits half empty the area should be a prime market but its not right now.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 08:07 AM   #768
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
That would make a little more sense. Richmond is just not feasible traffic wise,the merge of 295 and 95 north is a killer!
I work right off here, but I cant complain about traffic after living in NOVA 6-7 years
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 08:36 AM   #769
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I will prob never go back to Fedex again, last yr was my first time but I'd rather see them on the road, the stadium has nothing great about it, the visitor has just as many fans so it feels like a mutual site game, the seats sucked. Nothing around the stadium to really go and eat that's close, I parked cheaper at Jerry world and walked closer. Didn't help it was a hurricane downpour all night but shit sucked.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:24 AM   #770
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I think fedex will be imploded.

The old Landover mall site still sits half empty the area should be a prime market but its not right now.

The Old Landover Mall site was up for the "new FBI Headquarters Building / campus but trump stopped that. I agree the're going to have to tear it down but the Skins will lose a lot money in value unless they donate it for some use and take a write off,if they can.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:30 AM   #771
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I will prob never go back to Fedex again, last yr was my first time but I'd rather see them on the road, the stadium has nothing great about it, the visitor has just as many fans so it feels like a mutual site game, the seats sucked. Nothing around the stadium to really go and eat that's close, I parked cheaper at Jerry world and walked closer. Didn't help it was a hurricane downpour all night but shit sucked.

My Youngest went to a game a few years back at Jerry World and said it was amazing! She said the Jumbo screen is so big you watch that more than the actual game .
Been to three games at Met Life up in the Meadowlands and I hate it ,most likely won't go back. The seats suck, way to small and cramped and like Jerry's world they have numerous lounge's to seat at and drink while watching the game,to me if that is what you're going to do, why the hell go???
Old 06-07-2018, 09:43 AM   #772
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number44 View Post
Never said they did. It is 110 miles from DC to Richmond. Who is driving to Richmond from NW DC? Reston? Fairfax? Moving the Redskins to Richmond is frankly absurd. 80% is a low estimate.
Who cares? What about those in southern VA who are huge Redskins fans who has to travel all the way up to Fed-Ex?
Old 06-07-2018, 11:41 AM   #773
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
My Youngest went to a game a few years back at Jerry World and said it was amazing! She said the Jumbo screen is so big you watch that more than the actual game .
Been to three games at Met Life up in the Meadowlands and I hate it ,most likely won't go back. The seats suck, way to small and cramped and like Jerry's world they have numerous lounge's to seat at and drink while watching the game,to me if that is what you're going to do, why the hell go???
I've been to 9 different NFL stadiums, the Boys is by far the best I've ever seen. First of all its comfy as hell, 2nd you wont miss any action with that screen and 3rd they have by far the hottest fans lmao. Texas girls...
Old 06-07-2018, 12:29 PM   #774
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
Who cares? What about those in southern VA who are huge Redskins fans who has to travel all the way up to Fed-Ex?
That's what I was thinking. I tried to find stats on where most skins fans travel from for games, but google didnt know the answer

The one thing google did find is that Richmond is losing money on the Skins training camp, so if that is the case then they aren't going to be looking to help with a full stadium issue.
Old 06-07-2018, 12:54 PM   #775
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
That's what I was thinking. I tried to find stats on where most skins fans travel from for games, but google didnt know the answer

The one thing google did find is that Richmond is losing money on the Skins training camp, so if that is the case then they aren't going to be looking to help with a full stadium issue.
Naw...wont impact the decision. You have to remember, the folks who run the City are incompetent and there are decades of facts to support that one ruling premise. But this will not impact the Stadium decision...not one bit. Its apple and oranges, training camp vs Stadium. In fact it may have been the governors strategy to take a big lose on the TC deal in order to build a relationship towards landing a Stadium deal.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:13 PM   #776
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Naw...wont impact the decision. You have to remember, the folks who run the City are incompetent and there are decades of facts to support that one ruling premise. But this will not impact the Stadium decision...not one bit. Its apple and oranges, training camp vs Stadium. In fact it may have been the governors strategy to take a big lose on the TC deal in order to build a relationship towards landing a Stadium deal.
The articles went more into it, but the guy who signed the TC deal is gone, and the city is pushing the Skins to pay a 750,000 / year portion the city is responsible, and may not renew the TC lease.
Quote:
Not a single soul in Richmond seems to be pleased with the Redskins training-camp deal these days, and no wonder: The city might soon be on the hook for $750,000 a year to pay off the cost of building the facility. That’s on top of the $500,000 the city is supposed to pay the team for practicing in town. At the same time, the hoped-for ancillary business for food vendors, hotels, and the like has fallen far short of expectations.
I don't know whether it will affect their decision or not, but it would need to be addressed I am sure.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:56 PM   #777
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
The articles went more into it, but the guy who signed the TC deal is gone, and the city is pushing the Skins to pay a 750,000 / year portion the city is responsible, and may not renew the TC lease.

I don't know whether it will affect their decision or not, but it would need to be addressed I am sure.
Trump woulda look at this, tweeted "bad deal" and woulda pulled out Stormy-style day one in office.

Richmond city is run by generally incompetent folks...but hey glad the Skins on home turf couple weeks a year.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:36 AM   #778
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

The best place for a new stadium is and always has been the site of the virtually abandoned RFK Stadium. This site has the best access to fans from more locations than any other site I can think of.

Let's start with the fact that there is a Metro Station right next to the stadium. This would provide access to fans from all parts of the D.C. Metro area. The city could also provide Circulator bus service on game days. People who live on Capitol Hill could walk to the game.

For people who would prefer to drive there are many ways to get to the stadium on good roads. Fans from Virginia can cross the 14th Street Bridge and take 395 which has an exit straight into the parking lot. The road actually terminates in the stadium parking lot!

Fans from Alexandria and Springfield can cross the Wilson bridge and take 295 straight to the stadium. Fans from Annapolis and Bowie can drive up Route 50 to the stadium. Fans in College Park can drive down Rhode Island Avenue. Chico can parachute into the stadium.

The new stadium would be built on the site of the old stadium and would include new multi-story parking garages.

It's a damn shame that the intractable positions of Dan Snyder and the D.C. Council over the team name are keeping this from happening.

BTW, F Richmond! The Redskins and Washington are synonymous, even if one businessman and few grandstanding politicians don't get it.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:57 AM   #779
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
The best place for a new stadium is and always has been the site of the virtually abandoned RFK Stadium. This site has the best access to fans from more locations than any other site I can think of.

Let's start with the fact that there is a Metro Station right next to the stadium. This would provide access to fans from all parts of the D.C. Metro area. The city could also provide Circulator bus service on game days. People who live on Capitol Hill could walk to the game.

For people who would prefer to drive there are many ways to get to the stadium on good roads. Fans from Virginia can cross the 14th Street Bridge and take 395 which has an exit straight into the parking lot. The road actually terminates in the stadium parking lot!

Fans from Alexandria and Springfield can cross the Wilson bridge and take 295 straight to the stadium. Fans from Annapolis and Bowie can drive up Route 50 to the stadium. Fans in College Park can drive down Rhode Island Avenue. Chico can parachute into the stadium.

The new stadium would be built on the site of the old stadium and would include new multi-story parking garages.

It's a damn shame that the intractable positions of Dan Snyder and the D.C. Council over the team name are keeping this from happening.

BTW, F Richmond! The Redskins and Washington are synonymous, even if one businessman and few grandstanding politicians don't get it.

Richmond is 2 hours from DC. They would not be the Washington Redskins anymore, that move would cripple the fan base IMO. I highly doubt that move would happen.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:31 AM   #780
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
Fed Ex was a a few miles from RFK the same place those same fans have always traveled to. The ticket buying fans have always known they would have to travel to a Redskin game. Now before everyone starts talking "New Stadium" you need to think PSL
For Met Life Stadium Giants and Jets....
"The one-time cost for the right to purchase season tickets ranges from $1,000 to $20,000 per seat, with more than half of the seats at least $5,000. The PSL does not include the price of the tickets.Jul 17, 2008"

I will tell you from experience these will wipe out many old time and long time ticket holders and bring in the corporate ticket people .If you think the game day experience cost was high before it will go through the roof now!