Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Washington Examiner: Ceratto and Zorn were almost fired together last season

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-21-2009, 09:21 AM   #16
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Re: Washington Examiner: Ceratto and Zorn were almost fired together last season

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
It gives me optimism too to think there's a good chance there could be a major philosophical shift moving forward. Like a heroine addict who hit rock bottom, we could look back at this season in 10 years as the point when everything began to change for the better.
You're on to something, and we all regret it had to come to this for the realization to come front and center.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-21-2009, 10:08 AM   #17
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Re: Washington Examiner: Ceratto and Zorn were almost fired together last season

The biggest problem with Daniel Snyder is that he thinks of this organization as a business first, and a football team second. When you own a professional sports team, you can't run it like any other business. You have to realize that it is a sports franchise, and to continue making money over each year, that sports franchise must win on a consistent basis and must win championships. Snyder pretty much has used the franchise to rape its fan base of as much money as possible. It could possibly be that such a crime is finally starting to catch up to him, unless Snyder wakes up and makes a change. The easiest thing he could to do is get rid of Vinny, and allow the new GM to clean house. Because the money eventually will dry up the way the organization is being run today. Sure, it's still very profitable, but those profits will diminish the more empty the stadium becomes on Sundays.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:19 AM   #18
KLHJ2
Inactive

Zorn does not deserve to be fired, but that doesnt mean that is isn't going to be. In my mind he is a good coach who was brought into a bad situation. I think that the decision on Zorn should be determined by whoever the GM is after Cerrato gets the boot. I am kinda hoping that Holmgren gets that job. I think that he would have faith in Zorn and keep him around for a couple of more seasons to give him the opportunity to turn this thing around and clear his name.

As far as Snyder goes, he is not going to sell that team. I would just give up on that fairy tale right now and start hoping for more realistic things like giving Cerrato the boot and finally hring a GM.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:16 AM   #19
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Is this just a rant? Or does Snider actually have something to back his assertions up with? Sure it sounds good and resonates among fans - but is it anything more than speculation??
What does Duke Snider have to do with the Redskins?

This is great news to hear, even if it is not from Snyder. Cerrato being rumored to be fired in major media can only help keep the idea in Snyder's mind if it is not already.

If we can lose Vinny, we'll make major strides quickly I believe.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:21 AM   #20
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Well, let's get on with it and FIRE VINNY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:23 AM   #21
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
The biggest problem with Daniel Snyder is that he thinks of this organization as a business first, and a football team second. When you own a professional sports team, you can't run it like any other business. You have to realize that it is a sports franchise, and to continue making money over each year, that sports franchise must win on a consistent basis and must win championships. Snyder pretty much has used the franchise to rape its fan base of as much money as possible. It could possibly be that such a crime is finally starting to catch up to him, unless Snyder wakes up and makes a change. The easiest thing he could to do is get rid of Vinny, and allow the new GM to clean house. Because the money eventually will dry up the way the organization is being run today. Sure, it's still very profitable, but those profits will diminish the more empty the stadium becomes on Sundays.
I'm not sure this accusation is accurate. If this were true, he would take a Kansas City Royals approach and hire the cheapest players regardless of team earnings...or a Marlins approach and shoot for a championship and dismantle the team immediately afterwards to save payroll. We have had a solid core of talented and expensive players for years and we're always trying to complement them. I believe Snyder really wants a winning team. Unfortunately, the man he's given roster move duties to is Vinny Cerrato.