Around the NFL: NFL Offseason

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-21-2021, 11:01 AM   #736
MTK
\m/

Re: Around the NFL: NFL Offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
They need to just trade him now and focus on Jordan Love, they could easily get two 1's for him
Yeah but they know he's their best shot at a title this year. They want their cake and to eat it too. Rodgers knows this and wants to make them sweat.

Advertisements
Old 07-21-2021, 12:43 PM   #737
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Green Bay knowing Rodgers better than anyone completely mishandled this from the begging starting with the ridiculous drafting of Love.

The front office is too blame
LOL, chico only a fool of a GM would not draft a QB when your starting QB is 38 but hey I get why you can't understand a smart decision.
Old 07-21-2021, 12:47 PM   #738
MTK
\m/

Rodgers was 36 when Love was drafted, but regardless, when you have an all time great QB and you go behind his back and take his replacement (with a first round pick no less) when he still has plenty of good ball left in him, probably not a great idea. GB knows AR well, they should have known this was going to cause drama.
Old 07-21-2021, 01:03 PM   #739
MissouriSkin
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Rodgers was 36 when Love was drafted, but regardless, when you have an all time great QB and you go behind his back and take his replacement (with a first round pick no less) when he still has plenty of good ball left in him, probably not a great idea. GB knows AR well, they should have known this was going to cause drama.
Aaron had no problem with this when he was on the other end of it.
Old 07-21-2021, 01:12 PM   #740
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriSkin View Post
AR didn't have any say in who drafted him so how does this apply to this situation?
Old 07-21-2021, 01:18 PM   #741
MissouriSkin
Special Teams

Quote:
AR didn't have any say in who drafted him so how does this apply to this situation?
Easy. He knew it was going to happen to him someday so you can either be an adult about it or a whiny diva and we see which one he’s being. Oh and also since people don’t seem to get this….a team doesn’t have to go to all their star players and ask if they can draft their replacement. What do you think the answer would be 99% of the time? I guarantee you it would be no. Aaron needs to put on his big boy pants and get over it.
Old 07-21-2021, 01:26 PM   #742
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yet but AR is a sensitive and is a strange cat…but the GB knew all this as he’s been there for what 10+ years.

Past is prologue

I’d like AR to stay and make them stew, but the fact he turned down that big deal is not good news for Pack fans.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 01:28 PM   #743
MTK
\m/

GB could have just picked up the phone and told him. Hey AR even though we know you won't like this, we're drafting a QB. I agree AR is being a bit of a bitch but it was also a case of sloppy handling by GB. They know him better than anyone, did they really think this was going to be received well?
Old 07-21-2021, 01:30 PM   #744
MissouriSkin
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Yet but AR is a sensitive and is a strange cat…but the GB knew all this as he’s been there for what 10+ years.

Past is prologue

I’d like AR to stay and make them stew, but the fact he turned down that big deal is not good news for Pack fans.
Still doesn’t matter. (At least to me). He’s 38. Grow the fuck up. You’re a multimillionaire and got that way by playing a kids game and you know going in you’re going to be replaced someday. Cannot stress enough….grow up.
Old 07-21-2021, 01:41 PM   #745
MTK
\m/

A little communication goes a long way, especially with diva players. Then at least in the court of public opinion GB could have said, look, we told him what we were doing. We were upfront and honest about it. Now instead you have people taking his side.
Old 07-21-2021, 01:47 PM   #746
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Still doesn’t matter. (At least to me). He’s 38. Grow the fuck up. You’re a multimillionaire and got that way by playing a kids game and you know going in you’re going to be replaced someday. Cannot stress enough….grow up.
We are talking about today’s athletes. They are more disconnected from reality today than they have ever been. We can’t relate.

AR past is quite well known…the family stuff is kinda weird and wild…but everyone in that org is well aware of sensitives and ego. They mishandled it…just like the Texans mishandled Watson in promising to bring him into decision making and then not doing it.

Today athletes have more leverage and can apply more pressure. They are doing it

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 01:55 PM   #747
MissouriSkin
Special Teams

[QUOTE=Chico23231;1286106]We are talking about today’s athletes. They are more disconnected from reality today than they have ever been. We can’t relate.

AR past is quite well known…the family stuff is kinda weird and wild…but everyone in that org is well aware of sensitives and ego. They mishandled it…just like the Texans mishandled Watson in promising to bring him into decision making and then not doing it.

Today athletes have more leverage and can apply more pressure. They are doing it[

They can have all the “leverage” they want. They will still look like spoiled entitled idiots to average people while wondering why their ratings go down and down.
Old 07-21-2021, 01:56 PM   #748
MissouriSkin
Special Teams

Quote:
A little communication goes a long way, especially with diva players. Then at least in the court of public opinion GB could have said, look, we told him what we were doing. We were upfront and honest about it. Now instead you have people taking his side.
Communication works both ways. Aarons idea of communication is “give me whatever I want when I want it or I’ll whine like a baby”. Sure that’s contributed to his wearing out his welcome there.
Old 07-21-2021, 02:06 PM   #749
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Communication works both ways. Aarons idea of communication is “give me whatever I want when I want it or I’ll whine like a baby”. Sure that’s contributed to his wearing out his welcome there.
Yes we know AR is a diva, that's no surprise to anyone. That said do you think GB did everything right on their end?
Old 07-21-2021, 02:17 PM   #750
MissouriSkin
Special Teams

Quote:
Yes we know AR is a diva, that's no surprise to anyone. That said do you think GB did everything right on their end?
Define “right”. Not being an ass….but seriously. Do you think his reaction would have been any different if they’d told him? What if they went into the draft seriously believing they had no shot at a QB and then Love fell to them? Do they have to call him and get permission before the draft Love? What if they told Aaron they were gonna take a QB and the draft played out in a way where they didn’t take one? That’s awkward too….then he’s like…”oh they want me gone but didn’t take anyone so I’m still gonna whine because know i “know” they don’t want me”. I was married to a diva once. Trust me there is a point where nothing you do makes them happy.