Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum


Our New Head Coach - Dan Quinn

Locker Room Main Forum


View Poll Results: Your initial reaction to the Dan Quinn hire?
Love it 5 9.62%
Need to see who the coordinators are 27 51.92%
Hate it 9 17.31%
Indifferent 11 21.15%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2024, 05:27 PM   #76
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie
 
SkinsGuru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 577
Re: Our New Head Coach - Dan Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Iím not gonna crush getting option C. But is it a win for Peters giving his 3rd option?
how do you know it was his 3rd option? I've been reading a lot of things saying the room (the committee) was split on Johnson. He was their original "A" prospect, but after his first interview some though he was not enough of a leader and needed more time. They also say McDonald was their top target after the initial first round of interviews, but that Quinn and Weaver were up near the top due to their leadership qualities that the team is looking for. Remember, the whole Peters press conference was around finding "a leader of men". If that is really what they were looking for, they found one of the best.
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-01-2024, 05:35 PM   #77
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 5,489
Re: Our New Head Coach - Dan Quinn

I put "need to see the coordinators" but if there was a "like it" option I would have selected that. He clearly fits the definition that Peters is using as a leader or at least that is what the GM has been telling their mouth pieces the last three weeks. I feel pretty confident you know what you are getting with him, after being in the league as long as he has there are no surprises. I think his upside is a McCarthy level head coach which is fine I will take winning seasons. He even made it to and won a SB with the right QB. DQ made it to the SB with the right OC and QB so...
__________________
Who does number 2 work for?
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 05:48 PM   #78
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 15,164
Re: Our New Head Coach - Dan Quinn

I didnít know Quinn attended College at Salisbury State, on the way to Ocean City. Maybe he was a regular at the Bearded Clam bar in OC.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 06:03 PM   #79
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 33,884
Re: Our New Head Coach - Dan Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
how do you know it was his 3rd option? I've been reading a lot of things saying the room (the committee) was split on Johnson. He was their original "A" prospect, but after his first interview some though he was not enough of a leader and needed more time. They also say McDonald was their top target after the initial first round of interviews, but that Quinn and Weaver were up near the top due to their leadership qualities that the team is looking for. Remember, the whole Peters press conference was around finding "a leader of men". If that is really what they were looking for, they found one of the best.
Simply because we could have hired him a couple weeks ago and if he was truly top option with other teams still looking for HC, then you hire him then.
__________________
My pronouns: King/Your ruler

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 06:13 PM   #80
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 5,489
Re: Our New Head Coach - Dan Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I didnít know Quinn attended College at Salisbury State, on the way to Ocean City. Maybe he was a regular at the Bearded Clam bar in OC.
Sounds like a bar Tobias Funke would go to
__________________
Who does number 2 work for?
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 06:18 PM   #81
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 5,402
Re: Our New Head Coach - Dan Quinn

I think there are a lot of assumptions being made that the hiring authority actually had a "top option" going into this. I think they had "options", and those options were narrowed down as they had interviews. They themselves may had some expectations going into interviews, that didn't come to fruition.

Bottom line is, from the get go Peters and Harris said they were not looking for offense or defense; they were looking for a leader. Out of the nine coaches they interviewed at least once, it appears to me that they got one of, if not the best, leader of the group - and someone who is very well respected in the league, and someone who has been to the dance.

That's good enough for me, and I am the one who said "Love it".
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 06:25 PM   #82
JackLord
Special Teams
 
JackLord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 283
Re: Our New Head Coach - Dan Quinn

Time will tell.

Welcome Coach Quinn. Do us proud. HTTR.
JackLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 06:27 PM   #83
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 15,164
Re: Our New Head Coach - Dan Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Sounds like a bar Tobias Funke would go to
https://www.thebeardedclam.com/

https://the-bearded-clam.square.site...rue&cst=custom

Their slogan: no muff too tough, we dive at five
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 06:30 PM   #84
davy
Impact Rookie
 
davy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: England
Posts: 901
Re: Our New Head Coach - Dan Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I think there are a lot of assumptions being made that the hiring authority actually had a "top option" going into this. I think they had "options", and those options were narrowed down as they had interviews. They themselves may had some expectations going into interviews, that didn't come to fruition.

Bottom line is, from the get go Peters and Harris said they were not looking for offense or defense; they were looking for a leader. Out of the nine coaches they interviewed at least once, it appears to me that they got one of, if not the best, leader of the group - and someone who is very well respected in the league, and someone who has been to the dance.

That's good enough for me, and I am the one who said "Love it".
That is Ron Rivera.
__________________
ďDon't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to.Ē
davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 06:49 PM   #85
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hanahan, South Carolina
Age: 40
Posts: 19,304
Re: Our New Head Coach - Dan Quinn

To me the process could have been done to perfection based on what they set out to do, I still don't like the hire. Dan Quinn was my least favorite option out of all of the names that popped up. No one knows the process, but we all had preferred end-results we wanted.

It's the definite of "blah" to me. But oh well, it is what it is. Not like I'm switching teams or not watching every game. If I could watch under Snyder and {insert any HC we had here}, I can certainly watch under a Harris/Peters/Quinn combo.

Please pick a young O.C.
__________________
Turkish: What's happening with them sausages, Charlie?
Sausage Charlie: Five minutes, Turkish.
Turkish: It was two minutes five minutes ago.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 07:23 PM   #86
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hanahan, South Carolina
Age: 40
Posts: 19,304
Re: Our New Head Coach - Dan Quinn

Looks like we already have our DC:

Grant Paulsen
@granthpaulsen

The Commanders continue to gut the Cowboys' beloved defensive staff.

Cowboys secondary and defensive passing game coordinator Joe Whitt Jr. is reportedly being named the Commanders' defensive coordinator under Dan Quinn, via
@AaronWilson_NFL
__________________
Turkish: What's happening with them sausages, Charlie?
Sausage Charlie: Five minutes, Turkish.
Turkish: It was two minutes five minutes ago.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 07:39 PM   #87
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hanahan, South Carolina
Age: 40
Posts: 19,304
Re: Our New Head Coach - Dan Quinn

New Commanders coach Dan Quinn brings 'leadership' Washington has needed for years

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nf...eded-for-years
__________________
Turkish: What's happening with them sausages, Charlie?
Sausage Charlie: Five minutes, Turkish.
Turkish: It was two minutes five minutes ago.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 07:43 PM   #88
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 33,884
Re: Our New Head Coach - Dan Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Looks like we already have our DC:

Grant Paulsen
@granthpaulsen

The Commanders continue to gut the Cowboys' beloved defensive staff.

Cowboys secondary and defensive passing game coordinator Joe Whitt Jr. is reportedly being named the Commanders' defensive coordinator under Dan Quinn, via
@AaronWilson_NFL
The secondary was impressiveÖthe talent seemed really coached up. This is a good move.

Still, Quinn was really disappointing versus running teams and was different when they didnít play with the lead.

Also, LaFleur ran circles around him and embarrassed him on national tv. It was a thrashing.
__________________
My pronouns: King/Your ruler

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 07:45 PM   #89
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 33,884
Re: Our New Head Coach - Dan Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
New Commanders coach Dan Quinn brings 'leadership' Washington has needed for years

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nf...eded-for-years
Literally the same articles written when Ron was hired
__________________
My pronouns: King/Your ruler

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 07:48 PM   #90
That Guy
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: VA
Age: 41
Posts: 17,473
Re: Our New Head Coach - Dan Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Simply because we could have hired him a couple weeks ago and if he was truly top option with other teams still looking for HC, then you hire him then.
due dilligence.

my top two were harbaugh and macdonald. Would have liked johnson, but I think the concerns are relevant on his experience/transition to HC.

They interviewed Quinn 3 times, so actions say he was near if not the top guy on their list. He'd also have the largest network to fill out a coaching staff, which may have been part of it.

That said, the last item on his resume is an embarrassing 28-3 loss. Maybe he's a Washington sleeper agent, and that was all part of the plan, along with bringing parsons over.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.17497 seconds with 11 queries