5 Bright Spots

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-15-2007, 12:07 PM   #16
scowan
The Starter

Re: 5 Bright Spots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
Washington has as good of a shot as any team to beat New England. They'll have to figure out a way to tighten up the middle of the zone, which Brady likes to exploit, but if they can do that, they'll have a chance.
I don't know if New England has faced a team that can hit you in the mouth yet. I like the idea of a R. Moss or a D. Stallworth coming across the middle of the field and getting lit up by Taylor or Landry!

They won't score 48 on us!
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-15-2007, 12:11 PM   #17
Joe Ribbs BBQ
Special Teams

Great thread.....

but Sean is still needing some work to get to the Ed Reed level, I believe Reed (also from the U) is the best in the league hands down, Sean has the speed of Reed and can throw his size around better, HE WILL be better, just not yet.....

I was very frustrated with that pitch back that Sean Taylor pulled during the game, trying to pull a ravens run back is not our style and shouldnt be anyones style, the ravens just get away with it....I know he was just trying to get a spark in his team, and I appreciate that, but imagine if that pitch had been fumbled, all of us would be attributing more of the loss to ST......

http://www.cruzincooler.com/

RIP#21
Joe Ribbs BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:13 PM   #18
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Taylor had a good game and I'm not trying to nitpick here but the guy should have had 4 picks. Just saying it could have been a different game if he came up with some of those other very catchable picks.
He has had 7 total picks in 3 years coming into this season. Yesterday, he doubled his total from ALL of last year.

Now he has 4 on the year. I won't complain.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:16 PM   #19
warriorzpath

Quote:
Taylor had a good game and I'm not trying to nitpick here but the guy should have had 4 picks. Just saying it could have been a different game if he came up with some of those other very catchable picks.
I personally believe that interceptions should not be expected. As long as the db is there in position making plays, then I'm good.

Especially with Taylor's 2 missed interceptions- one was catchable, but the other one was knocked out of his hands by Rogers. It's hard enough to catch the ball as a wr, when you know where the ball is expected to be thrown to. Just ask the redskins receivers from the packers game.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:25 PM   #20
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
His second INT was interesting because it seemed like a blown coverage at first. Favre and Jennings really miscommunicated on that play and the result was a bad underthrow. If they had been on the same plays, it seemed like Taylor was late getting over, pretty much to the point of a blown coverage.

But because the ball WAS underthrown, it allowed Taylor to use his superior athleticism to come over and make a great play.

His instincts at the position just seem off, but he may be the best athlete I've ever seen at the safety position. That pretty much makes up for not totally grasping the position yet.

And the good news is that hes not done learning yet.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:30 PM   #21
hail_2_da_skins
Impact Rookie

Thanks for this thread. It's good to talk about the positives from a disappointing lost. I am extremely impressed with the defensive line. I was very critical of the team not addressing the defensive line in the draft or free agency and obviously the coaching staff knows more about their personnel than I do because this unit is getting the job done. Evans, Wilson, Carter, Montgomery, Golston, Griffin and Daniels are doing an outstanding job. The linebackers and secondary are great but I expected that. I didn't expect the defensive line to create it's own pressure.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:34 PM   #22
12thMan
MVP

I too like the kid Wilson. We may be onto something with this guy. He kind of reminds of a guy that played eons ago named Fred Dean.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:23 PM   #23
SC Skins Fan
The Starter

Agreed on the bright spots. What concerns me is that if the O-Line doesn't get right Jason won't have the time to make plays and his development/personal health will suffer.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:10 PM   #24
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
I don't think NE has seen a defense the caliber of ours. If we keep the turnovers at a minimum on offense, we can take this game.

Not only that, Taylor always shuts down Moss.
Moss looked afraid of Taylor the two games that he has faced him. He was a non-factor in both.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:20 PM   #25
redskinz79
Camp Scrub

nice points.. point taken.
redskinz79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:21 PM   #26
mheisig
The Starter

Quote:
At the same time, what did the offense do with the two picks that Taylor DID get? Jack squat. Who knows what could have happened had he pulled in all four of them, but we sure didn't capitalize on the two that he did manage to get us.

Massively wasted opportunities. What better time to light a fire under your team and rack up some game-clinching points then when your D comes up big and takes the ball away. I almost feel bad for Taylor, like he worked his ass off and nobody did anything with it.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:28 PM   #27
mheisig
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
I'm definitely feeling an upset in New England. I don't think it's out of the question at all.

Look, we've bottled up some teams that have put up points before playing us and after they played us the following week. Our defense is the real deal.
Seeing as we lost a game we should have won (Giants), and lost a game we certainly COULD have won (Packers), it would only fit that we'd win a game we should lose.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:36 PM   #28
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

Good thread, 12th.

I do think GW has figured out how to use Taylor properly, which is great. Coulda had 2 more picks, but I'm not complaining.

NE throws the ball a lot, so we'll see. I'm not penciling in that one as a W, that's for sure. They look too good, and it's in Foxboro.

The big thing is to win the games we SHOULD win. That starts with Arizona. Let's look no farther than that. We can make the playoffs without beating the Pats, but not without beating the Cards, IMO.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:15 PM   #29
CrazyCanuck
Serenity Now

I see a lot of bright spots. I think this is the best team we've had during Gibbs II.

The offense has a ton of weapons and Campbell looks like the real deal.

And I can't say enough about the D. They were PHENOMENAL yesterday. The O kept pissing the ball away and the D stepped up every single time. It was one of those circa-2004 games where we would have won if we just took a knee and punted every series in the 2nd half. I've almost forgiven GW for last year's defensive debacle.

We killed GB yesterday. Very frustrating loss considering how we dominated them. Much more disappointing than the Giants loss.

I think this Skins team can go far, but I am worried about the O-line. Plus we can only piss away so many winnable games without it catching up with us.
CrazyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:19 PM   #30
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

Canuck in the house! So, do we have some cap space to sign someone on the o-line (if anyone's out there)?

I agree about pissing away winnable games, and this is the big worry--some games may not be winnable. We need to take the ones we can get!