Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

2011 NFL Draft

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 08:51 AM   #31
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: 2011 NFL Draft

McNabb isnt going to be the trade bait you think he is. If finishes out this horrible season like he began it, value isn't going to be high on a 35 year old QB coming off a horrible season.

Advertisements
Old 11-18-2010, 08:52 AM   #32
redsk1
The Starter

Andrew Luck is supposed to be as good of a prospect as John Elway was. I haven't seen him play at all, but that's whats out there. As near as a can't miss as you can get.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:32 AM   #33
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
Interesting, DE in first round. Think that's higher priority than nose? (assuming a good NT is there)
Not sure there is a good NT in the 1st round

On a separate note, as solid as Luck may appear I think it's safe to say the Elway comparisons are only because they both went to Stanford
Old 11-18-2010, 09:42 AM   #34
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

They may also look to go DB depending on what happens with Rogers, and even Landry and Buchanan
Old 11-18-2010, 10:04 AM   #35
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
They may also look to go DB depending on what happens with Rogers, and even Landry and Buchanan

Are giving homage to Greg Oden for again ending a season early. Talk about bad luck, I was thinking about starting a thread on it.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:09 AM   #36
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Some of these threads are down right painful.
Seriously ... landry44, you need to come up with something more substantive for a thread

that being said, I think OL :cheeky-sm

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
Old 11-18-2010, 10:16 AM   #37
redsk1
The Starter

The Skins have holes everywhere and have limited draft picks. That's our problem every year. We need more draft picks. Obviously OL is our biggest concern. On offense we have major needs to fill at RB and WR as well. On defense, DL, LB, and secondary all need to be addressed.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:32 AM   #38
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Man, I don't even want to think about that, the deficit just keeps getting deeper!

What's up w/Landry? I thought his deal was for 5-6 years. Funny you mention him cause this week I've thought that Shanny would probably trade him in the offseason if he got the right offer. I bet Shan was pretty pissed at the trash talk before the game, and his general attitude isn't conducive to Shan's style.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:34 AM   #39
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Don't know who were picking but I can tell you one thing if the right team comes by and offers us enough picks we will be trading out of the 1st rd. We need smart young fast players.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:36 AM   #40
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
McNabb isnt going to be the trade bait you think he is. If finishes out this horrible season like he began it, value isn't going to be high on a 35 year old QB coming off a horrible season.
Minnesota, even if Childress is gone, the owner is in win now mode. It doesn't help that they wasted a 3rd on Moss, but they may have been willing to give up more than us for McNabb had Farve retired. Now it really looks like Farve will retire. Could make for some interesting deals. I would love to see McNabb traded to Minn. a la Herschel Walker from Dallas in 89!

McNabb turns 34 soon I believe, so he'll be 34 all offseason.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:57 AM   #41
#56fanatic
The Starter

I dont think there is anyone on our team that would be attractive trade bait for more picks. Maybe Cooley or Davis. Other than that, who could we get anything for that we dont really need. AH won't get traded because everyone will be waiting for us to drop him.

If this organization takes anything other than the best Olineman in the draft with its first pick, then they need to get rid of whom ever makes that decision. I dont care who you have catching balls, throwing balls, running balls, you can't do any of those when the Oline is a swinging gate. Picking up FA olineman hasn't worked out as well as we planned. We need to stop going after the flashy picks and make a good sound decision for the future of this team. If we have a 1st and 2nd, then take the Oline with both, or if something unbelievable falls to the 2nd you have to take a look. But ultimately, you should be able to get 2 starting lineman in the first two rounds.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:01 AM   #42
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
I mean you said Chad's over the top rant and rave reflected your thoughts yet now you're saying keep the faith. Doesn't seem like someone would be saying keep the faith so shortly after saying give me my damn money back
As a fan I have the right to be pissed off and vent, especially since this franchise hasn't done squat for the last 19 years. I've been patient like most diehard Redskins fans, but when you see this team get embarrassed again and again you hit the boiling point and blow up. Yes, I say keep the faith that's all I got left as a fan as I am an optimist. I will give Shanahan his shot, he deserves it, but Haslett that's another story.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 11-18-2010, 11:04 AM   #43
KLHJ2
Inactive

These are the threads that I stay away from in the offseason and now I have to deal with avoiding them during the regular season? Seriously? WTF?!

If you think it's that ****ing bad then stop watching the games and posting on this site until the god damn offseason.

****! Why don't you just go and hook up with a chick that suffers from manic depression? You were made for each other.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:06 AM   #44
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

I'm coming around to the trade Cooley idea... but I don't know that other teams value him as highly as we do. We'd be lucky to get a 2nd and 4th. Still, that would be great in terms of filling some holes, provided we use the picks wisely. Anybody watch the Gators? How has Pouncey's brother look?

Thomas Paine
Old 11-18-2010, 11:11 AM   #45
GhettoDogAllStars
Playmaker

We have to draft for one or both of the lines first. That's where you start, and we need to finally get started.