Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-13-2019, 04:58 PM   #106
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Got halfway through before I saw a line about Tomlin's ties through Tampa Bay.

Is it too hard for the Snyder to be forward thinking instead of looking for a past (failed) connection?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
3 first rounders and a 2nd should do it. Git'r'done Bruce!
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-14-2019, 11:13 AM   #107
Warthog
The Starter

In my opinion, the reason they haven’t traded Trent Williams is because he is the trade bait for the HC that Snyder wants. After a big failed experiment like Gruden, Snyder always feels that he needs a “BIG SPLASH”. - as if the team is one HC and one draft away from being competitive.

If the Redskins really tank this season, this will force Snyder to give up more control to someone of Tomlin’s stature. Tomlin would be an absolute fool NOT to get WRITTEN Guarantees of NON-interference! That means Tomlin picks his own staff AND has complete player control. Anything else and it’s the same old tune that sank Gibbs, schotteinheimer and Shanahan. Tomlin could build a culture from the ground up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 12:13 PM   #108
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
In my opinion, the reason they haven’t traded Trent Williams is because he is the trade bait for the HC that Snyder wants. After a big failed experiment like Gruden, Snyder always feels that he needs a “BIG SPLASH”. - as if the team is one HC and one draft away from being competitive.

If the Redskins really tank this season, this will force Snyder to give up more control to someone of Tomlin’s stature. Tomlin would be an absolute fool NOT to get WRITTEN Guarantees of NON-interference! That means Tomlin picks his own staff AND has complete player control. Anything else and it’s the same old tune that sank Gibbs, schotteinheimer and Shanahan. Tomlin could build a culture from the ground up.

Steelers don’t need Williams, they got Villanueva, unless they move him to RT.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 12:46 PM   #109
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

All the negative press about TW that I think was supposed to work in our favor has completely backfired- now teams think he is the bad guy and that is the only reason I can think the phone isn’t ringing off the hook with offers....
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 01:18 PM   #110
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:

If TW doesn't show up on week 10, his trade value would be even higher in the off season, as he'd still have 2-years left in his contract.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 10:50 PM   #111
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
All the negative press about TW that I think was supposed to work in our favor has completely backfired- now teams think he is the bad guy and that is the only reason I can think the phone isn’t ringing off the hook with offers....
...Or the phone isn't ringing off the hook with offers because ball-licker-Bruce-Allen told teams Trent won't be traded until after the season so there's no use asking.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 10:30 AM   #112
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:

Shanahan supposedly had written guarantees of non-interference.... and Allen and Snyder went behind his back to trade tons of picks to move up 3 spots in the draft to be able to pick the QB who would eventually force Shanahan out of town. Written guarantees mean nothing.

Additionally, the redskins would have to trade a TON of draft picks to acquire Tomlin from the Steelers, and this assumes he would want to be here and they'd want to let him go.

The reason the Redskins haven't traded TW is obvious and doesn't involve any crazy conspiracy theory like the one you conjured up:

Bruce Allen is as stubborn as he is stupid.

It really is that simple.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 11:08 AM   #113
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
If TW doesn't show up on week 10, his trade value would be even higher in the off season, as he'd still have 2-years left in his contract.
Would it? He'd be 32 years old and a year removed from playing any football.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 11:09 AM   #114
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
...Or the phone isn't ringing off the hook with offers because ball-licker-Bruce-Allen told teams Trent won't be traded until after the season so there's no use asking.
Or it is ringing and BA is just ignoring it
Old 10-15-2019, 11:53 AM   #115
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Would it? He'd be 32 years old and a year removed from playing any football.
Even so he's still a top 5 LT.
Old 10-15-2019, 11:58 AM   #116
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Even so he's still a top 5 LT.
And with a 2-year contract that will be the basis for any negotiations with any team. Financially this is better than trading for a player that has a year left on their deal.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 12:15 PM   #117
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Well then through gritted teeth I will say that BA is smart not to trade him before the deadline.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:27 PM   #118
Schneed10
A Dude

The number of teams that have the cap space to be able to take Williams into their roster is lower now than it would be in the offseason. BA may be right to wait until then - teams that now have to consider themselves out of the market due to cap constraints may be able to enter the market in February.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:33 PM   #119
rickmmrr
Special Teams

Every coach that comes here ends up hating Snyder and can't wait to get out the door. As long as Snyder owns the team any fans that are left are fucked.

Our only hope is for the fanbase to crumble so bad that the NFL steps in and makes Snyder sell the team.
rickmmrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 12:40 PM   #120
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
The number of teams that have the cap space to be able to take Williams into their roster is lower now than it would be in the offseason. BA may be right to wait until then - teams that now have to consider themselves out of the market due to cap constraints may be able to enter the market in February.
This assumes TW doesn't show up all season. I would think he would show up so to get one year closer to free agency.

As far as the cap space goes, considering that one of - if not the biggest - reasons for the holdout is MONEY, TW would likely demand a new contract as part of any trade. And that new contract could lower the cap hit this year for Trents new team.

This is all about Bruce's stubbornness.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote