I like big (_|_)s.

Re: Good News Lavar Fans!!!

I may need to edit... :smashfrea

Advertisements
Old 10-21-2005, 11:41 AM   #32
FRPLG
MVP

SF is an NFL team. They may be a doormat but I gurantee they can be beat us. We need to be motivated just as much for this game as a Dallas game. I think anything less than a drubbing is unacceptable.
Best thing going for us? Alex Smith. If they don't blitz him I will choke.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 11:48 AM   #33
railcon56
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic
"He's had a really good week of practice," Williams said of Arrington. "I feel real good about his playing and real good about where he's at. The last two weeks, he's taken some strides physically. It looks like his legs are back. He's bouncing around pretty good out there."

I cant wait to see our boy out there laying same wood to the 49ers. It will be awesome.
Damn that news is so exciting ..i need to find the old lady for our monthly sex 2 weeks early..lmao
railcon56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 11:56 AM   #34
railcon56
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
If he comes in and plays at a high level, and more importantly plays within the system to Williams' satisfaction, I think he'll remain a Redskin.

At this point it's all up to LaVar.
Wanna bet Williams goes next year and LaVar stays??? Please let him become a head coach somewhere...
Old 10-21-2005, 12:01 PM   #35
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by railcon56@comcast.net
Wanna bet Williams goes next year and LaVar stays??? Please let him become a head coach somewhere...
Holy F*** ing Sh**!! Are you wishing that Greg "the only reason we weren't 0-16 last year" Williams leaves?! That's beyond crazy talk. That is just idiotic.

Whether LaVar stays or goes, I hope Williams is still here and stays here for the forseeable future.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 12:05 PM   #36
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrudLee
I wonder how much of LaVar's (apparent) increased playing time is actually because of the relative strength of our opponent? Would the coaching staff take a gamble on LaVar playing within the system if we were playing Philly, or do the Niners give us a little "room for error"?
that's the first thing i thought too... I mean, can he really lose the game for us against the 49ers?
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 12:06 PM   #37
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish
I think no matter how he plays he will be traded. For whatever reason LA is just not GWs guy (like PR was not Gibbs' guy) and nothing he does will change that.
PR was just not the best QB we had at the time and we have all seen that. If PR was the better QB he would be our starter. This is getting old that people think that our coaches would just have a player in because they were one of the players they had picked or liked. If any coaches used that formula they would have very short careers as coaches in the NFL and to make the assumption that our coaches would do that is just plan crazy. If Gibbs coached that way he would have never won a SB and at last count he has won three.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 12:08 PM   #38
That Guy
Living Legend

Quote:
you really need help, GW won games for us last year, lavar didn't. How can you be a bigger fan of lavar than the team? that seems kinda nuts.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 12:08 PM   #39
Kope
Special Teams

Quote:
LOL. You want Norv back as well?
Kope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 12:09 PM   #40
railcon56
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
that's the first thing i thought too... I mean, can he really lose the game for us against the 49ers?
ANY GIVEN DAY!!!! the niner's are still an Nfl team and they are hungry and fear for their jobs..plus they are coming off of a bye week ...dont underestimate them or look past them ...
Old 10-21-2005, 12:23 PM   #41
#56fanatic
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG
And then got pissy about it when he got hurt blaming the team when it was him pushing to come back. Remember, it isn't his fault. Lavar is always the victim.
I happened to be listening to 980 the day he hurt himself. He came on the show and was depressed, you could hear it in his voice. He in no way put the blame on the coaching staff or training staff. He said he told them " I am going to be on the field today, and you will have to physically hold me down if you dont want me out there!!" He stopped talking to media when all this happened, because someone in the media made up something saying he lashed out at the team for the way he was being treated. I also remember when they showed him coming out of the training facility on crutches and when someone asked him about it, he basically said, "you have the story you want, so write about it" basically saying, write what you want, you didn't listen to me in the first place, so make up your own. I dont know where this thing about him critisizing the management and coaching staff came from. I am a diehard fan, and read the post, times, espn, redskins.com everyday and never do I remember hearing him bash the team in that way.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 01:16 PM   #42
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown
PR was just not the best QB we had at the time and we have all seen that. If PR was the better QB he would be our starter. This is getting old that people think that our coaches would just have a player in because they were one of the players they had picked or liked. If any coaches used that formula they would have very short careers as coaches in the NFL and to make the assumption that our coaches would do that is just plan crazy. If Gibbs coached that way he would have never won a SB and at last count he has won three.
But PR was the best QB we had at the time. He played decent last year in place of MB who looked like he was done. Then MB gets to play and it turns out he is better now.

Coaches use that formula all the time. They have guys they like or are more comfortable with and play them. Why do you think MB was signed and after last year's performance was kept on the team? These are NFL players and they all have a ton of talent so if a coach feels more comfortable with one player over another than thats why they will play.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 01:21 PM   #43
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrudLee
I wonder how much of LaVar's (apparent) increased playing time is actually because of the relative strength of our opponent? Would the coaching staff take a gamble on LaVar playing within the system if we were playing Philly, or do the Niners give us a little "room for error"?
I was thinking about that as well this am. However, it might be great time to see what he can do in Williams system. If he does well, he moves closer to a starting role. If not, it won't be as costly as you said, if it were Philly.
I have also been a huge LA fan, but I also have 100% supported GW's decision regarding same. In LA's defense, it seems lately, he is trying to walk the line a little more.
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 01:29 PM   #44
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection
What are we going to talk about now?
ade jimoh
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 01:29 PM   #45
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Two things make me happy about Arrington finally playing.
1. Alex Smith will get eaten alive.
2. The crowd noise when 56 comes on will be deafening.

You know that Arrington has to have the best game of his carreer.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote