Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

"Donovan McNabb: Mediocre at Best" Article

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 07:26 PM   #16
FRPLG
MVP

Re: "Donovan McNabb: Mediocre at Best" Article

He is certainly above mediocre but lets be honest he isn't in the league with other top qbs. He doesn't throw well, makes average decisions at best and doesn't run like he used. He has a ton of intangibles though and always seems to make big plays when they need them and that puts him way above mediocre.

Advertisements
Old 12-14-2005, 07:33 PM   #17
Jamaican'Skin
The Starter

The author of the article is claiming that McNabb is not being black by not running as much, and for not giving some of his paycheck to TO, somebody who outwardly criticized him on more than one occasion for no reason, and Westbrook. It is a ridiculous arguement. So Donovan might not be considered the best in the league, he is far from mediocre. Stupid arguement from a stupid black man
Old 12-14-2005, 07:44 PM   #18
GB1
Camp Scrub

For whatever reason, some people love to demean this guy's talents. He's obviously a big part of why the Eagles have been so successful over the years. I think the media loves to attack someone who has class.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:44 PM   #19
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Backup QB Mike McMahon isn't white enough
Old 12-14-2005, 08:19 PM   #20
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
He translated the idea of how completely stupid the other article really is.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:29 PM   #21
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

As much as i hate the Eagles, Mcnabb has been nothing short of impressive during the regular season, before he got injured. True, he couldn't win the big games, but he is definitely not a mediocre quarterback.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:30 PM   #22
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAS
great satire!
Old 12-14-2005, 08:30 PM   #23
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSKINBauer
He translated the idea of how completely stupid the other article really is.
Exactly
Old 12-14-2005, 08:37 PM   #24
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

I followed Mcnabb a little bit in college, and he has always been a strong quarterback - both in leadership qualities and talent. Mcnabb has lead the Eagles to what, four NFC Championship appearances? Of course, only one of those he actually won, but even then, I don't believe T.O. was playing in that game.

Believe me, if McNabb wanted to become a Redskin, I'd sign him in a heartbeat.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:49 PM   #25
dmek25
MVP

why in the heck would any redskin fan give a rip about mcnabb during cowboy elimination week?
Old 12-14-2005, 11:41 PM   #26
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by giacomo2
the last time i checked mcscabb was not playing defense. that is the big reason they won all those games. btw, if he was soooo goood, then why did philly sell there soul to get terrible owens? if mcscabb couldn't run around, he'd be using his degree from syracuse and delivering pizzas.
That the Eagles had to trade for T.O. even though they had Freddie Mitchell, Todd Pinkston, and Gregg Lewis speaks volumes about McNabb's inability to play. I mean Mitchell, Pinkston, and Lewis are Pro-Bowlers. Oh never mind, they stink. McNabb has done more with less than any other QB in the league.

Apparently you don't like McNabb because he's one hell of a QB.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:45 PM   #27
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG
He is certainly above mediocre but lets be honest he isn't in the league with other top qbs. He doesn't throw well, makes average decisions at best and doesn't run like he used. He has a ton of intangibles though and always seems to make big plays when they need them and that puts him way above mediocre.
If I had to draft a QB, the only ones I'd take before McNabb would be Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer, and Tom Brady. The guy is definately one of the elite QBs in the league. As you point out, he's a playmaker.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:32 AM   #28
offiss

Up until last season I wasen't that big on McNabb, I thought he would be better coming out of college, but he really established himself in my book as a very good QB last year, looks like all he needed was a legitamate dominate force at WR and he was on his way. This guy rips him for this season? Are you kidding me, Owens is out he has no one to throw to, and he's playing with a hernia, and thats not enough, don't know what else he could do under the circumstances. As for the Williams comparison, Williams was never as good as McNabb, Williams was a ground beaking QB, and had a monster game against a highly overmatched defense in the Broncos, but that team carried him into that game, Williams job was to just not lose it. McNabb on the other hand is a difference maker, and one of the main reasons the Eagles have been as good as they have been over the coarse of the last 4 years.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:53 AM   #29
ST21
Impact Rookie

JUST A CLEAR CUT EXAMPLE OF BLACK ON BLACK CRIME..... I hate this because it becomes a debate again, IF Black QB are smart enough or good enough to play the position, This is worse the Racist Lambargh, saying that... I'll say this only reason that it a debate it because of FEAR, and if anyone makes comments about black QB's and if they can play....probably because there afraid that the on position that the league can't giveway too........JUST LIKE GOLF...NOW THAT WERE PLAYING THAT, WATCH OUT AMERICA
Old 12-15-2005, 07:38 AM   #30
railcon56
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wewhite3
JUST A CLEAR CUT EXAMPLE OF BLACK ON BLACK CRIME..... I hate this because it becomes a debate again, IF Black QB are smart enough or good enough to play the position, This is worse the Racist Lambargh, saying that... I'll say this only reason that it a debate it because of FEAR, and if anyone makes comments about black QB's and if they can play....probably because there afraid that the on position that the league can't giveway too........JUST LIKE GOLF...NOW THAT WERE PLAYING THAT, WATCH OUT AMERICA
Look this is a good site with good people ..why start a racial flame war.. telling peoople to watch out?????? if u notice most people on here supported mc nabb...so please if this turns ugly please shut this thread down..