Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Nyg postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-22-2019, 09:32 PM   #16
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Re: Nyg postgame

Was it their drive in the 4th or the OT drive (the roller coaster ride is running together and I can't go back and watch) when Sweat blew the coverage in the middle of the field?

You know, the one where Sweat blew the coverage?!?!

Yes, believe it or not the fast twitch 285 lb freak is not great in coverage in the middle of the field.

IT'S NOT HIS FAULT, HE IS A DE.

30%...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Advertisements
Old 12-23-2019, 12:29 AM   #17
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Nicholson has incredible range and all the tools to play FS at a high level. Too bad his play is piss poor.
Yeah he was exciting to watch his rookie season too... shame...

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 12-23-2019, 12:30 AM   #18
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Terrible scheme. Holcomb and Nicholson must missed 5,6 tackle
Holcomb had his all time worst game. Missing tackles, getting pancaked, missing gaps...

Old 12-23-2019, 12:32 AM   #19
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
At least the game was entertaining...

Danny Dimes had all day to throw, I don't think he was sacked was he?

Haskins looked very good again

Terry is AMAZING

Sims is a good slot.

Jon Allen is not very good

Landon Collins is a BAD cover guy.

We just lack the pass rush to make any difference.
It was entertaining, the young pass offense was exciting, and the loss got us closer to the 2nd overall pick AND our FO and coaches getting fired... what a day!

Old 12-23-2019, 06:27 AM   #20
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Haskins says "Dan just advised to listen to the Dr"

Basically Dan said to stay out of the game

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Sigh...this isn’t normal.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 06:28 AM   #21
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Holcomb had his all time worst game. Missing tackles, getting pancaked, missing gaps...

Kaden Smith? The tight end for Giants could block his ass off...that’s exactly what we need

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 07:30 AM   #22
MTK
\m/

lol so true

The Redskins have found the perfect formula: Show some fight but lose anyway
Old 12-23-2019, 07:59 AM   #23
mredskins
MVP

Went to the game, sat in section 228, actually pretty good place to watch the game if you are in the first say 8 rows, after that the overhang kind of gets in the way of at least the big video board.

Sea of blue there, lost my voice "cheering" . I live north of Baltimore its a whole day adventure to get down there. My tickets cost $20 each with all fees, lol!

After the Skins lost everyone kept telling the Giants fans we won the Chase Young sweepstakes.

Overall good day but man it wipes you out glad today isn't a real work day.
Old 12-23-2019, 10:02 AM   #24
GridIron26
Playmaker

I really like our receivers group. Sims and Harmon still have things to learn but the more they play, the more I like them. The announcer credited Ike Hillard for developing the receivers, I totally forgot about him this year and the announcer is right, we gotta give Hillard some credits. I thought he wasn't much of a coach based on the results from last year but, perhaps the receivers group from last year were the problem. Redskins should look for a big receiver, we would be set with the group with a big receiver.

Haskins, he did enough to show us that Redskins should build around him. We should see improvements in our passing game next year, Haskins and the receivers will have a full offseason to train together, work on timing and chemistry. It will make a difference in our offense.

Manusky.... I would be really surprised if he gets another defense coordinator job in the future.
GridIron26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 10:37 AM   #25
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Was it their drive in the 4th or the OT drive (the roller coaster ride is running together and I can't go back and watch) when Sweat blew the coverage in the middle of the field?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
https://twitter.com/Giants/status/12...157761/video/1

^^ video w breakdown of the play.

Pre snap we have 8 men in the box and 3 corner/safeties in im guessing a cover 3 variation. I think Sweat was supposed to play zone and release Barkely but there is no one playing zone cover in the middle of the field. We ended up having 3 redskins covering a short cross route (Sweat included).

We all hate seeing our edge rushers like Sweat, Kerrigan, Preston Smith, etc dropping back in zone or playing man on a TE or even slot.

I think its just unavoidable sometimes. It still blows my mind that it keeps happening but it must be some kind of unavoidable situation where occasionally you will just have to have a Sweat covering a Kelce or Barkely type player.

I would call a damn TO if I ever saw my DE being responsible for anyone in coverage. But that goes back to our problem of playing 3-4 and making guys like Sweat an OLB when they should be hand in dirt 4-3 DE. Last year we played nickel the majority of the time but when we do line up 3-4 ... we dont get the pressure on the QB who can then pick on a Sweat or Holcomb etc.

----------------------

Run defense ... what the hell. Our D has been healthy all year, I think Payne missed a game or two, but that the fuck.

Allowing 141 yds/game .. good for the 4th worst run D in the league.
Old 12-23-2019, 04:13 PM   #26
Ohioskins
Special Teams

This is where adding Chase Young will make such a difference. With Young, we definitely have to play 4-3. After a couple of games Young will be receiving a double team that should open up both Sweat and Kerrigan. With a monster like Young playing DE in a 4-3, this will be an entirely different defense.
Ohioskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 04:38 PM   #27
calia
Playmaker

If you really want to be pissed at the state of our franchise, check this out: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...cid=spartanntp.

Eli and Danny playing drinking games after the OT win against us. Makes me want to vomit. That's a 4-11 team celebrating beating us at home. Man, I cannot believe how this season has gone. Some good young talent on the roster, for sure -- but without a complete makeover in the coaching staff, we will screw it up.
Old 12-23-2019, 09:27 PM   #28
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

Pre snap we have 8 men in the box and 3 corner/safeties in im guessing a cover 3 variation. I think Sweat was supposed to play zone and release Barkely but there is no one playing zone cover in the middle of the field. We ended up having 3 redskins covering a short cross route (Sweat included).

We all hate seeing our edge rushers like Sweat, Kerrigan, Preston Smith, etc dropping back in zone or playing man on a TE or even slot.

I think its just unavoidable sometimes. It still blows my mind that it keeps happening but it must be some kind of unavoidable situation where occasionally you will just have to have a Sweat covering a Kelce or Barkely type player.

I would call a damn TO if I ever saw my DE being responsible for anyone in coverage. But that goes back to our problem of playing 3-4 and making guys like Sweat an OLB when they should be hand in dirt 4-3 DE. Last year we played nickel the majority of the time but when we do line up 3-4 ... we dont get the pressure on the QB who can then pick on a Sweat or Holcomb etc.

----------------------

Run defense ... what the hell. Our D has been healthy all year, I think Payne missed a game or two, but that the fuck.

Hah!!!

He was dropping on that play, but the one I recall was right before a scoring play where they targeted his man in the middle of the field for a significant gain.

I heard on Keim's pod today that we have been dropping bull rushing DE's in coverage as "OLB" for years. We've never had a true OLB.

And I'm not anti 3-4, I'm anti 3-4 with 4-3 personnel.
Old 12-24-2019, 09:34 PM   #29
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

----------------------

I'm not a fan of our pass rushers dropping into coverage, but what I hate the most on that play is the way our LBs play zone coverage: they ONLY watch the QB's eyes... to the point where Jon Bostic has Saquon Barkley running right by him and he doesn't even know he's here, he doesn't cover him, doesn't pass him on, because he has no idea that he is here because he's not looking at his zone at all, he's staring at the QB...

That was why Zach Brown was so bad in coverage despite his speed, and we keep doing crucial mistakes because of it. Obviously it's a coaching thing because they all do it, and I don't get why.

I get that an experienced DB is gonna key QB's eyes and make play because of it, but wouldn't a LB, usually not great in coverage, be better of actually looking at receivers entering his zone rather than trying to read QBs' eyes and end up being manipulated by them ?
Old 12-25-2019, 05:30 AM   #30
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Was looking at Cards @ Hawks on the All 22, found this play:

Look at #50 at KJ Wright and tell if I'm wrong: he's in zone coverage, he bites to play action, realizes it's a fake, turns around and looks for receivers, sees one entering his zone, picks him up, covers him, everybody's covered, incomplete pass.

Now picture Zach Brown, Bostic, Holcomb or any of our linebackers the past few years in his shoes on that play... tell me our guys are not simply backing out roughly in the direction of their zone, looking at the QB, and never see the crossing route entering their zone behind their back, pass complete for a 25 yards gain ?

Why are they coached to ONLY look at QBs' eyes? Why ?