Franchise Player

Re: New Look Defense

Will Blackmon says he is 'actually learning football this year'

Advertisements
Old 06-02-2017, 11:47 AM   #212
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

It seems to me that players often trash their former position coaches. I hate that kind of talk which comes across to me as nothing more than a lame excuse. We'll see how much better he plays this season now that he's been educated. That is, if it's not too late to save his job.

BTW, was there anything standing in the way of Blackmon learning a little something about playing safety during the previous TEN YEARS he's been in the NFL?
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 12:22 PM   #213
MTK
\m/

^ I think it can often be more about just complimenting the new coaches.
Old 06-02-2017, 01:57 PM   #214
Schneed10
A Dude

I believe there is something genuinely to that. I mean we all watched the last couple years, the defenders in the secondary just dreadfully out of position in so many circumstances. Communication breakdowns occurred so often, and that's entirely on the coaches getting guys to understand their responsibilities.

I think Barry was a high energy guy, but very light on the Xs and Os and coordinating the play between the position groups.
Old 06-04-2017, 09:23 AM   #215
53Fan
Franchise Player

He's never said anything like that before and he just started learning the position what, 1 or 2 years ago? I'll take his word for it. I've never heard him throw a coach or staff under the bus before and the fact is we sucked. I also think it's a compliment to the work Torrian Gray is doing. He stresses communication.
Old 06-04-2017, 09:29 AM   #216
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://mobile.twitter.com/john_keim...34297691627521

No doubt now: Manusky says Redskins will let Josh Norman, corners shadow wideouts --when needed.

Good.

I think torrian gray as the secondary coach is going to have a major impact. He is a results oriented and accountability is a big thing with him.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 01:41 PM   #217
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Interesting....

One surprising stat shows that Bashaud Breeland may be better suited for the slot | CSN Mid-Atlantic
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 01:44 PM   #218
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I certainly thought he was better in the slot...good post.

He Gets Us
Old 06-04-2017, 01:52 PM   #219
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Hopefully Moreau, Dunbar, or Fuller can step up and be ready to start on the outside if Breeland is by far and away our best slot guy. Would be nice to have that set in stone going into week 1. Plenty of time to figure it out.
Old 06-06-2017, 04:45 PM   #220
CooleyAsCanBe
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
It seems to me that players often trash their former position coaches. I hate that kind of talk which comes across to me as nothing more than a lame excuse. We'll see how much better he plays this season now that he's been educated. That is, if it's not too late to save his job.

BTW, was there anything standing in the way of Blackmon learning a little something about playing safety during the previous TEN YEARS he's been in the NFL?
Pretty sure he was a cornerback before, so last year was his first real shot at learning NFL safety.
Old 06-06-2017, 05:45 PM   #221
skinsfan69
Living Legend

So I was out at the Redskins OTA practice today. I have a business relationship with 980 and a few people were invited to go out today and watch. It was real laid back, music was playing. It's early but a few things that I noticed...

1. Pryor is huge. I've never seen a wr that big. Cousins really didn't look his way. Hope that changes.

2. The practice seemed sloppy and that's expected. . It was obvious the defense is ahead of the offense. The defense sent a lot of blitzes and the o-line had trouble picking it up.

3. Not impressed with Sudfled. He didn't spin the ball real well. His balls wobbled.

4. Ryan Grant caught a few nice balls from KC. He and Harris looked like the best wr's.

5. Fat Rob looks really good. He's low, lean and made a nice catch in the hurry up. He just carries himself like he's the guy. His teammates seem to really like him.

6.Bruce was there, Snyder was not. Gary Clark and Doug stood next to each other the entire time and chatted.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:34 PM   #222
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
So I was out at the Redskins OTA practice today. I have a business relationship with 980 and a few people were invited to go out today and watch. It was real laid back, music was playing. It's early but a few things that I noticed...

1. Pryor is huge. I've never seen a wr that big. Cousins really didn't look his way. Hope that changes.

2. The practice seemed sloppy and that's expected. . It was obvious the defense is ahead of the offense. The defense sent a lot of blitzes and the o-line had trouble picking it up.

3. Not impressed with Sudfled. He didn't spin the ball real well. His balls wobbled.

4. Ryan Grant caught a few nice balls from KC. He and Harris looked like the best wr's.

5. Fat Rob looks really good. He's low, lean and made a nice catch in the hurry up. He just carries himself like he's the guy. His teammates seem to really like him.

6.Bruce was there, Snyder was not. Gary Clark and Doug stood next to each other the entire time and chatted.
Gary Clark, the reason I'm a Redskins fan. Was at an antiques store recently and they had old football card packs there, bought one and got one of his cards. Was super pumped.
Old 06-07-2017, 01:08 PM   #223
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post

Thanks for the update. I'm glad fat rob is looking good...after the draft he doesn't seem to sulk like that bitch Matt "hands" Jones.

Sudfailed was a terrible pick last year. I'd say cut him and pick up Crapernick.

He Gets Us
Old 06-07-2017, 01:57 PM   #224
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Thanks for the update. I'm glad fat rob is looking good...after the draft he doesn't seem to sulk like that bitch Matt "hands" Jones.

Sudfailed was a terrible pick last year. I'd say cut him and pick up Crapernick.
Go slap yourself....
Old 06-07-2017, 03:15 PM   #225
insane4theskinsi
Special Teams

i think i will wait until they actually need to prove themselves on the field before we heap praise upon them.
insane4theskinsi is offline   Reply With Quote